Author Topic: Four Years Late, CDC Admits COVID Is Basically Like Flu  (Read 239 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Four Years Late, CDC Admits COVID Is Basically Like Flu
« on: March 02, 2024, 06:58:43 PM »
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) just quietly updated its Covid-19 guidance to tell Americans essentially to act as if the virus were the common flu. All of us “conspiracy theorists” who said the same thing back in February 2020 would like an apology.

Ironically, the CDC’s new guidance from March 1 not only recommends good hygiene and vaccination (despite evidence of the COVID vaccine’s serious risks), it recommends “cleaner air” and “gathering outdoors.” Do you remember how many people obediently stayed locked inside or took their walks with masks on during the height of COVID thanks to scare tactics from government agencies such as the CDC? Turns out the age-old tactic of getting fresh air and washing your hands really is the best protection against COVID-19. From the CDC:

CDC released today updated recommendations for how people can protect themselves and their communities from respiratory viruses, including COVID-19. The new guidance brings a unified approach to addressing risks from a range of common respiratory viral illnesses, such as COVID-19, flu, and RSV, which can cause significant health impacts and strain on hospitals and health care workers. CDC is making updates to the recommendations now because the U.S. is seeing far fewer hospitalizations and deaths associated with COVID-19 and because we have more tools than ever to combat flu, COVID, and RSV.

Other outlets also noticed the switch in rhetoric. “CDC ditches 5-day COVID isolation, argues COVID is becoming flu-like,” Ars Technica reported. “It’s Official: We Can Pretty Much Treat Covid Like the Flu Now. Here’s a Guide,” was Wall Street Journal’s headline. Thank goodness WSJ humbly waited for the CDC to tell them that.

When do we get apologies for all the people, especially young people, who committed suicide or did not receive lifesaving healthcare because of COVID restrictions? Where will be the recompense for the lost jobs, scholarships, internships, retirements, school years, graduations, vacations, and all the other necessary or otherwise important functions of life? Will individuals who hysterically drove people out of stores for not having masks or fired employees for not being vaccinated ever admit they were terribly wrong? Our economy was wrecked, our country divided, our rights blatantly violated, and people’s lives permanently damaged by foolish COVID-19 restrictions, which did far more harm than good.

https://pjmedia.com/catherinesalgado/2024/03/02/four-years-late-cdc-admits-covid-is-basically-like-flu-n4926946
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Re: Four Years Late, CDC Admits COVID Is Basically Like Flu
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2024, 07:09:15 PM »
The next one - later this year, given the projected performance of ANY Dim'Rat candy-date you could name later this November - will be a weaponized version of chickenpox,  probably...
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2024, 07:52:45 PM »
Yeah I am not shocked about this. When it was getting started I thought that they were going to far over how we had to handle it. They were acting like it was the equivalent to the Andromeda Strain and that we might have to ride it out forever. yeah believe the science ,sure thing there pal.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2024, 05:13:55 PM »
Yeah I am not shocked about this. When it was getting started I thought that they were going to far over how we had to handle it. They were acting like it was the equivalent to the Andromeda Strain and that we might have to ride it out forever. yeah believe the science ,sure thing there pal.

Yes sir, I'm still mad about the overreaction to that whole mess.

On a related note since you weren't hanging around, I posted this 20+ year old George Carlin routine on germs and the immune system several times here. Amazingly, it very much relates to the Chinese Wuhan Red Death.

https://youtu.be/X29lF43mUlo?si=5oANke5R4Zwktua9
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender