Author Topic: Free Stuff - Calculators  (Read 2152 times)

Offline compaqxp

• The Canadian
Free Stuff - Calculators
« on: December 23, 2012, 07:26:52 PM »
I didn't know where to post this, but I thought it would fit here.

I've got three or four old TI graphing calculators that if anyone wants they can have. They're all ones I bought over time but they didn't do want I wanted so I went and bought myself a HP48G and like it far better.

The only TI one I plan to keep is whichever one has the Motorola 68000 CPU. The rest are up for grabs.

I bought them all used cheap so I don't really care about getting anything for them. I know some of you have kids in school so if they can make use of them that's better then them sitting in my junk drawer.

All I ask is that you cover shipping, which I doubt would be much at all. If anyone is interested let me know.

I'll post pictures sometime and get the models numbers too.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
Re: Free Stuff - Calculators
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 07:47:29 PM »
MC68000 CPU ? That's a fair old bit of power for a handheld calculator.

FWIW - I did my hardware level programming unit at college on a 6802.

My little samsung "smart" phone does anything I need these days - from converting units through to a fairly complex ballistics calculator.

Offline compaqxp

• The Canadian
Re: Free Stuff - Calculators
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 08:06:11 PM »
MC68000 CPU ? That's a fair old bit of power for a handheld calculator.

FWIW - I did my hardware level programming unit at college on a 6802.

My little samsung "smart" phone does anything I need these days - from converting units through to a fairly complex ballistics calculator.

Most of the TI's before the newest Nspire series used fairly old CPUs, in most cases I think Z80s and 68000s...at least for their graphing calculators anyway. All the new ones are ARM based.

I'm only interested in the 68000 based ones because I'm able to program in some 68k Assembly. My main use for knowing it is the Sega Mega Drive though.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 08:18:57 PM by compaqxp »