Author Topic: Climate Activism Coming to a Courtroom Near You  (Read 1011 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Climate Activism Coming to a Courtroom Near You
« on: August 30, 2024, 08:55:28 PM »
https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/climate-activism-coming-to-a-courtroom-near-you/

Climate indoctrination has taken root in unlikely soil: your local courtroom.

A recent initiative by the Environmental Law Institute, the Climate Judiciary Project (CJP), has sought to shape the opinion of justices across the nation on topics of climate and the law. Over 2,000 judges have been reached via the seminars, conferences, and programming of CJP, “is a first-of-its-kind effort that provides judges with authoritative, objective, and trusted education on climate science, the impacts of climate change, and the ways climate science is arising in the law.”

Perhaps the biggest problem with CJP is its claim to neutrality and objectivity. I’ve read through heaps of CJP materials, and there is no denying that they view environmentalist plaintiffs as the good guys and fossil-fuel companies as the big, mean, bad guys. They have received millions in funding from Left-leaning foundations, including the JPB Foundation, the Hewlett Foundation, and the MacArthur Foundation — the same entities who are funding the climate lawsuits in the first place.

The U.S. Judicial Conference has warned judges of seminars where they may be “influenced inappropriately.” The Conference describes such influence as that which “may be exerted through program content, contact between judges and those who litigate before them, and prerequisites provided to program attendees.”

Climate activism in the courts. Courts is for law, not activism.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: Climate Activism Coming to a Courtroom Near You
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2024, 06:15:20 AM »
https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/climate-activism-coming-to-a-courtroom-near-you/

Climate activism in the courts. Courts is for law, not activism.

We all know that but shifty lawyers know that they can depend on activist judges to rule in their favor even when it’s over stepping the law.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege and toxic masculinity while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!