Author Topic: Student disciplined for pen with gun company logo  (Read 2478 times)

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
Student disciplined for pen with gun company logo
« on: February 01, 2008, 02:22:16 AM »
BRAVE NEW SCHOOLS
Student disciplined for pen with gun company logo
Caught after borrowing offending writing instrument from father
Posted: February 1, 2008
1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Bob Unruh
© 2008 WorldNetDaily.com

A student has been threatened with a 3-day suspension from school for bringing to campus, and using, a pen with the corporate logo of the Glock company, a large stylized "G" with the letters "lock" inside.

Cooler heads eventually prevailed, and the father reports that he was successful in convincing the school officials to not only withdraw the threat, but also the formal reprimand that already had been placed in his son's educational file.

However, WND previously has reported on a student who was punished for advocating for gun rights, as well as yet another student who was punished for a sketch of a gun. And the newest incident raised concerns among bloggers and participants in web forums.

"Didn't (sic) Ford and GM build guns during WWII… Those products should not be around children, for there (sic) own safety. All teachers with a ford or GM car should have their illegal property crushed today…," wrote "jhud" on one forum. "Also the word springfield, and the numbers .22, .223, .32, .38, .40, .45, 5.56, 7.62, .50, .44 45-70, .450 etc and any math problem with the numbers involved. Also, we need to remove 9 and 10 mm from the rulers."

"Sounds like under this policy, any student or teacher with the last name of Winchester, Remington, and possibly even Smith (Smith & Wesson) would not even be allowed to attend or work at the school," added "Alacran."

The situation developed recently for a father who is choosing not to put his family through the media mill of publicity. However, he wrote about his case, and its resolution on the AR15.com website, which was founded in 1996 as a mailing list for firearms enthusiasts and grew into a location to collect, share and explore information.

The man, who is in law enforcement, said his son was at home doing homework when his ink pen died.

"He asked if I had one he could have. I reached into the pen holder on my desk and grabbed a pen and gave it to him. He continued his homework as usual," he said.

But the next day, his telephone rang.

snip

The father checked his son's student handbook, and saw that "weapons, replica weapons, pictures of weapons, and weapon images on keychains or other items are forbidden," he said. But the pen had only the Glock name, not any image.

Why the hell are images and pictures of weapons banned? :mental:

More: http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=59976

Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline yin/yang

• Probationary (Probie)
Re: Student disciplined for pen with gun company logo
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 08:31:17 AM »
Why the hell are images and pictures of weapons banned? :mental:

Because we are in a society ran by liberals who have to filter anything that goes against their utopian beliefs.

Offline Flame

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 09:08:54 AM »
Why the hell are images and pictures of weapons banned?

because pictures of gun give kids the wrong message...duh!  :whatever:

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 10:23:41 AM »
Water guns were banned at a few daycares I worked at, this does not shock me. The liberals know what is best for your kid.  :whatever:

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 10:25:55 AM »
Speech codes run amok.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 10:45:43 AM »

People don't kill people, guns kill people.  Oh, and big SUVs.  They kill people, too.  Next ban?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 11:55:23 AM »
The father checked his son's student handbook, and saw that "weapons, replica weapons, pictures of weapons, and weapon images on keychains or other items are forbidden. However, pictures, videos, drawings, characters, stories, and actual demonstrations of two faggots butt-****ing were not only allowed, but encouraged. Students who offered themselves as butt-****ing queer boy-toys would receive extra credit for each semester they participated in any ASSociated queer experimentations.

f1x0r3d for clarity...
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 11:56:57 AM »

People don't kill people, guns kill people.  Oh, and big SUVs.  They kill people, too.  Next ban?

\
Liberalism and abortion MURDERS more people daily than any accidents where firearms are involved.
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2008, 06:02:17 PM »
Water guns were banned at a few daycares I worked at, this does not shock me. The liberals know what is best for your kid.  :whatever:

Playing with water guns is a normal kid thing. But leftism obviously thinks that will make kids grow up to be dangerous criminals.
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2008, 06:05:06 PM »
More proof that America needs Attila the Hun, Vlad the Impaler, Suharto, or Park Chung-hee, so they can get rid moonbats and PC'ers. They were brutal, but they did a lot of good, they brought order, peace, and prosperity to the nations they ruled.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 06:06:41 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline yin/yang

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2008, 08:40:22 AM »

Playing with water guns is a normal kid thing. But leftism obviously thinks that will make kids grow up to be dangerous criminals.

That reminds me of a joke with an Army general teaching boy scouts about proper gun control and a liberal reporter.