Author Topic: Terrorist attempt 'certain' within months - Intelligence leaders warn Senate pan  (Read 1254 times)

Offline thundley4

The five senior leaders of the U.S. intelligence community told a Senate panel Tuesday they are "certain" that terrorists will attempt another attack on the United States in the next three to six months.

The warning came during the annual threat briefing to Congress in response to questions from Sen. Dianne Feinstein, California Democrat and chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, who asked, "What is the likelihood of another terrorist-attempted attack on the U.S. homeland in the next three to six months? High or low?"

"An attempted attack, the priority is certain, I would say," Director of National Intelligence Dennis C. Blair, a retired admiral, said in response.

Four other intelligence agency leaders who appeared at the hearing with Mr. Blair said they agreed with the assessment.

They included CIA Director Leon E. Panetta, FBI Director Robert S. Mueller III, Lt. Gen. Ronald L. Burgess Jr., the director of the Defense Intelligence Agency, and John Dinger, the acting assistant secretary of state for intelligence and research.

Mr. Blair outlined the major threats facing the United States, in addition to a possible terrorist attack. They include:

• The threat of major attacks on U.S. computer networks and infrastructure.

• The increasingly dangerous Taliban insurgency in Afghanistan.

• Instability in nuclear-armed Pakistan.
  Washington Times

Did we ever have a prediction with such certainty under President Bush?

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
They didn't have the intel personally squeezed out of the Fruit of Kaboom Bomber by Eric Holder (aka Jack effin' Bauer) under President Boooosh.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline DumbAss Tanker

No shit, Sherlocks, how many times did the five of you have to flip that coin before you found out there were only two sides to it?
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
Well I am confident mr "let's not jump to conclusions" Obama will keep us safe.  :whatever:
After all he kept us safe from the fruit of kaboom bomber didn't he?
Oh wait a passenger managed to stop him.

I also wonder if such an attack occurs will Obama start off with a shout out when he addresses the nation afterwords? Will he ramble on for 2 minutes then say "Some of you may have heard such and such happened"?
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.