Author Topic: My wife showed me a Facebook thread she was following.  (Read 561 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
My wife showed me a Facebook thread she was following.
« on: March 28, 2021, 03:45:08 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215276777

6 hrs ago
Star Member MineralMan
My wife showed me a Facebook thread she was following.

In it, an anti-vaxxer wrote, "I'm not getting the Covid-19 vaccine, because it is only 2% effective."

Several people in the thread were all "WTF? Where did you get that number?"

The person who wrote that had no answer, other than, "I heard it somewhere."

I did some serious Googling, using all of my considerable searching skills to see if I could find any such statement. Nope. Nothing. Nada. If it were out there in the interwebs, I would have found something.

This is the kind of argument the anti-vaxxers, Qidiots, and right-wingers make. Baseless and without any citation from anywhere, what they say is made up out of whole cloth. And yet, others share, retweet, and restate the same bullshit.

This is why we can't have nice things.

No sir, this is why you’re an idiot. She was probably talking about a 2% mortality rate. You don’t want to talk about that because it doesn’t fit your narrative of “we’re all going to die if we don’t get vaccinated!!!”

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Mary Ann

Re: My wife showed me a Facebook thread she was following.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 03:58:04 PM »
And I have a friend, both FB and IRL, who is a rabidly liberal, Obama-worshiping, Biden-excusing idiot. She won't get the vaccine because she "respect(s) her body too much."

A couple of years ago she posted something about cottage cheese and flaxseed oil curing Hodgkins Disease. This is a subject near and dear to my heart, as I am a 35-year HD survivor. I asked her to take the post down because I consider it dangerous. She told me I should educate myself.

Idiocy isn't confined to any one political party or ideology.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 04:56:46 PM »
Anti-vaxxers span the political spectrum. Anti-vaxxers are so all over the map in their ignorance and what they lap up in their confirmation bias that while I haven't heard this "2% effective" claim I won't call :bs2flag:  :bsmeter:  :bs2flag:  :bsmeter:  :bs2flag: . The anti-vax :bs2flag: that seems most widespread is the claim that mRNA vaccines reprogram recipients' DNA. That isn't what mRNA does.

I assume MM would regard me as a "right-winger", but I'm not an anti-vaxxer of any flavor and have been known to be less than respectful of "their truth" :tongue:  :rotf: . Did any DU anti-vaxxers pipe up in response to MM?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 08:55:01 PM »
I’m not an antivax person. I’ve been vaccinated for all kinds of stuff including the bubonic plague. My kids have been vaccinated.

I don’t get the flu vaccination because I’m allergic to it. I’m not going to get the COVID vaccination because there’s not enough information about it and I have a 99.5% chance of surviving the virus.

I may be allergic to the vaccine, who knows.

Bottom line, if you want to get it, get it. If you don’t, I don’t care.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2021, 08:14:55 AM »
Technically, if you get the C19 vac, that should prevent you from getting it or, at the very least, get a much milder case. So if this primitive has done what it feels it should, why would it go around asking others? It’s already “covered “.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2021, 08:26:27 AM »
Technically, if you get the C19 vac, that should prevent you from getting it or, at the very least, get a much milder case. So if this primitive has done what it feels it should, why would it go around asking others? It’s already “covered “.

How else to virtue signal?  THE most important part of being a liberal is trumpeting to the world how much better you are than everyone else.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2021, 09:37:36 AM »
How else to virtue signal?  THE most important part of being a liberal is trumpeting to the world how much better you are than everyone else.

And that is also part of the symbolic "woke" mask wearing.  It is virtue signaling.

My state lifted restrictions on masks around the same time Texas did, but I still keep several with me if I pop into the grocery store or something.  And it always seemed more symbolic to wear one anyway and still does.

Took an Uber ride home Saturday, and noticed that my driver wasn't wearing one.  Did I throw a fit and report him to the company?  Obviously not, I took off my mask as well.  Smart, independent and rational people tend to live in my state.  Unlike the hysterical DUmmies who worry about absolutely everything.  Hope they stay inside for years so us normal people don't have to deal with them in real life.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender