Author Topic: Justice is complicated  (Read 590 times)

Offline CC27

Justice is complicated
« on: February 28, 2024, 07:46:45 AM »
Peacetrain (22,828 posts)

Justice is complicated
Aristotle says justice consists in what is lawful and fair, with fairness involving equitable distributions and the correction of what is inequitable.

Justice does not consist of never ending attacks.

Justice does not consist of never ending retributions..

Justice is complicated.

Edit to add (half the post got cut off)

Israel has a right to protect itself and seek justice for those attacked and held.

Palestinians have a right to exist.. and not be held solely accountable for the actions of Hamas in attacks.

If it will jumpstart the end of the killing madness.. then God Bless President Biden for calling for truce talks either in hopeful terms or actual terms.

If there were ever two groups of people who should have each others backs.. It is the Israelis and Palestinians.. Neither group has ever been accepted in other lands and they face off for the same piece of territory to just exist

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100218727638

You are saying you are a Jew hater without saying you are a Jew hater. Got it.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Re: Justice is complicated
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2024, 09:01:53 AM »
If the Palestinians largely support Hamas and their terrorist tactics then they can be held liable as a nation for Hamas' actions. Hamas becomes the Palestinian people by proxy.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2024, 09:45:11 AM »
Every Arab Pali living in Gaza is a civilian:

* Some, not being in any nation's military, are "illegal combatants"; i.e. Hamas terrorists;

* Some are Hamas logistics;

* Some are non-Hamas, but giving shelter and material aid to Hamas terrorists and logistics operatives;

* Some "merely" celebrate the murder, rape, and abduction of Israeli civilians;

* Hypothetically, there may be some or a few Arab Palis trying to keep out of the whole mess; whether there are any such is hard to tell, since they would be trying to be invisible, to Hamas as well as to the IDF.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2024, 10:41:29 AM »
There isn’t, and never was a Palestinian Homeland. And if they made one, it wouldn’t rest until they destroyed Israel.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2024, 07:11:50 PM »
Justice does not consist of never ending attacks

President Donald J. Trump has entered the chat.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2024, 09:42:15 AM »
Jews literally ended up in ovens again.

The difference between then and now is Israel can defend itself and execute a war against the enemies of Israel.

Palestinians elected Hamas and they continue to support them to this day so they too will reap the rewards.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2024, 09:56:38 AM »
You really can’t blame the Israelis or not wanting the Palestinians, none of the neighboring Arab nations want them either. And as long as their goal is to destroy Israel and kill all the Jews, you can’t blame the Israelis for defending themselves
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline RonE

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2024, 03:07:26 PM »
...and if Israel was NC and the Palestinians were SC, Tennessee, and Virginia you'd understand the situation much better.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2024, 07:28:36 PM »
I have neither any love for the Palestinians or care what happens to them If the DUmmies would look back into history then they would find that they have their fare share of blood on their hands. It's telling that none of the Arab nations want them in their country so why would the Israelies want them anywhere near them after all the years of terrorist attacks. The fact they got into the Gaza strip was more to keep what peace there was then anything else.  To Hell with Hamas. Let them get put on the endangered species list.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"