Author Topic: I can never understand why people vote against their own self-interest  (Read 693 times)

Offline CC27

Pototan (855 posts)

I can never understand why people vote against their own self-interest
In the United States, every four years, there is a binary choice for the leader of the country. I always am amazed at how many people vote against themselves. I saw it mostly in labor unions, especially under Reagan. But in 2016, many pro-choice women were among the Trump supporters, or voted for Jill Stein.

This year, Muslims, Arabs and African Americans are peeling away from Biden. Let's get something straight, Joe Biden is the only alternative to Trump. I've seen some polls where Trump receives as high as 20% of African American male voters. Muslims and Arabs, pissed at the President because of Gaza, are demonstrating and withholding their support. Trump and his cult supporters have targeted these two groups.

With that background I thought I would give a little history lesson here at DU. In the election of 1932 and 1933 in Germany, there was a group of Jewish political activists who supported Adolf Hitler. The group was led by a man called Max Naumann,

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Association of German National Jews (German: Verband nationaldeutscher Juden), colloquially known as the Jews for Hitler,[citation needed] was a German Jewish organization during the Weimar Republic and the early years of the Third Reich that eventually came out in support of Adolf Hitler. In 1935, the organization was outlawed, and its founder and leader Max Naumann was briefly imprisoned by the Gestapo.[1]

Here's the link to full description:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_of_German_National_Jews

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100218709819

Take a look in the mirror you moron

Offline Airwolf

Re: I can never understand why people vote against their own self-interest
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2024, 11:11:39 AM »
When we have someone that is as bad as Spongebrains McShitmypants then who are you going to vote for. If you vote for Biden and he gets another shot at another four years then don't be bitching about how your coffee will probably cost double what it is now.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2024, 11:48:41 AM »
Any of you lurkers able to name one bloody thing Biden has done for any those groups you mentioned?  Not gonna hold my breath for an answer, cause one, you cowards won't get in the ring, and two, there aren't any.
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2024, 12:21:08 PM »
Who the hell is he to decide in what's my best interest?
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2024, 12:23:29 PM »
Yet you DUmbasses voted for 20%+ food inflation, 50%+ energy inflation, mortgage rates up over 400%, and three wars under Biden's banana republic junta.. But I guess that is voting for your own interests.... in an insane asylum which the DUmp is.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2024, 12:34:22 PM »
It makes me wonder how those people could be so blind as to not see the havoc their president and their party has wreaked upon this country. It seems that they are conditions to hear only their party line to not see any good opposing party has done for them.

He would think that inflation, high crime rates the uncontrolled immigration, and the wars would make them wake up, but I guess that’s not enough to bring them out of their stupor!
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2024, 12:38:42 PM »
It makes me wonder how those people could be so blind as to not see the havoc their president and their party has wreaked upon this country

It's when your only "news" is PMSNBC, CNN, etc...

If you can stomach it, watch Morning Joe, it is NOTHING BUT Dem/Lib propaganda.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2024, 01:26:45 PM »
Pototan (855 posts)

Maybe, just maybe, the "problem" is that people do know what "their own self-interest" but that differs diametrically from what DUpipo believe it is.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2024, 02:37:11 PM »

:beathorse: :beathorse: :beathorse: :beathorse: :beathorse: :beathorse: :beathorse:

I guess it’s the only horse they have lol :loser: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2024, 03:35:58 PM »
  :beathorse: :beathorse: :beathorse: :beathorse: :beathorse: :beathorse: :beathorse: :beathorse: :beathorse: :beathorse: :beathorse: :beathorse: :beathorse:  :-)

I guess it’s the only horse they have lol :loser: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Well the Trump Is Literally Hitler card isn't working so Dems gotta have something to dodge LIEden' myriad economy and foreign policy failures. OK, "myriad" is a bit of an exaggeration.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2024, 03:39:36 PM »
Who the hell is he to decide what's in my best interest?

Ding! Ding! Ding!

DA WINNAA!!

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2024, 03:51:14 PM »
Pototan (855 posts)

I can never understand why people vote against their own self-interest...
[snip]

I don't expect mouth breathers like yourself to even come close to comprehending exactly what my "self-interests" might be, DUm'Rat. I also have neither the patience nor the crayons to try explaining those self interests to you at this time.

Quote from:  DUm'Ass Pototan
...In the United States, every four years, there is a binary choice for the leader of the country.

[snip]

Maybe YOU choose a "leader", DUm'Rat, but I'm electing a REPRESENTATIVE. The office of the President is supposed to be REPRESENTING ME, primarily in this nation's interactions with outside powers. He, she or it does not LEAD me; theoretically, s/h/it is supposed to be led - in part - by ME and the rest of my countrymen. Perhaps that's why this country is in such a sorry state, ass clown; you're putting clowns into office and expecting them to lead you, while they are looking to the likes of you mouthbreathers that elected them for whatever direction or cues they can get; the end result being that NOBODY is ****ing steering the damned ship.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2024, 09:35:20 AM »
Hey, DUmmie, how is being poorer under Democrats in anyone's best interest?

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2024, 01:46:14 PM »
Happy Hoosier (6,787 posts)
7. Lyndon Johnson understood....
Reply to Pototan (Original post)

"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."

Funny you should mention LBJ...  :whistling:

In fact, it is reported that Johnson, in an attempt to assuage the fears of Southern governors, said that his plan was “to have them  n*****s voting Democratic for the next 200 years.” Johnson’s plan worked masterfully.

https://www.acton.org/pub/commentary/2012/11/14/lbj-curse-black-vote

....and since then, their illegitimacy rates, out of wedlock birthrates, graduation rates, and every damn thing under the sun has taken a f'n nosedive. All since abandoning the party that freed them and passed every civil rights legislation known to man ...but hey, Dims got more powerful, amiright?

The man did like his Haggar pants tho.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR_myjOr0OU

NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline RonE

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2024, 07:18:19 AM »
Biden said he would unite us. So far he has united Iran, China and Russia. All against your "self interests"  DUmbass.