Author Topic: Visit to a MAGA didn't go well. Am I to blame?  (Read 494 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Visit to a MAGA didn't go well. Am I to blame?
« on: February 14, 2024, 06:36:21 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100218682479

:lmao:

Enjoy!

Doodley (8,918 posts)

Tue Feb 13, 2024, 11:46 PM

Visit to a MAGA didn't go well. Am I to blame?
Went with wife to visit a MAGA. The conversation moved to healthcare. I was trying to say that healthcare is a basic human right in the European nation where I grew up. Here, tens of millions have healthcare because of Obama, and because of the actions of John McCain to stop GOP taking it away, and incidentally that Trump called McCain a loser because he was caught and incarcerated as a war prisoner, denigrating all vets. Meanwhile, my wife is telling me to stop talking. I'm saying to my wife: "Why do you want me not to speak?" The MAGA host is saying its because nobody cares what I have to say. As I try to speak, my wife keeps telling me to stop. At this point I'm raising my voice just to be heard. I've got two people who are against my right to speak what is on my mind. Then I'm told by MAGA host to leave as I am invited to a house and yelling. I certainly wasn't yelling. Anyway, I walked out and did yell at that point, "I care that millions of people have healthcare, you may not." I am not one to name-call or ever say anything abusive. Wife stayed for another half hour. Should I feel bad? Am I to blame?

That's all I'm bringing over, but it's a HOOT!   :rotf:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: Visit to a MAGA didn't go well. Am I to blame?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2024, 07:27:18 AM »
tens of millions have healthcare because of Obama,

Right, you’ll save $2500 a year and if you like your doctor and your insurance you can keep it. And the checks in the mail. :lmao:

I was trying to say that healthcare is a basic human right in the European nation where I grew up.

You should have stayed there! :loser:

The MAGA host is saying its because nobody cares what I have to say.

And he’s right, only those at the dump will listen  :loser:

Then I'm told by MAGA host to leave as I am invited to a house and yelling.

And you wonder why no one ever invites you to visit  :lmao:

Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2024, 08:50:55 AM »
I really liked this exchange.

usonian (9,015 posts)

5. You're to blame only if you made a long drive home without your wife.

Reply to Doodley (Original post)
Tue Feb 13, 2024, 11:58 PM

Too bad you couldn't avoid the gathering.

I worked with one guy that we said only had "argussions". Arguments disguised as discussions.

The problem is that magats see everything as zero sum: them against everyone else EXCEPT the rich who skimmed off 90% or more of everything so that peons can fight over the remainder.

Doodley (8,918 posts)

6. No, I was going to walk home. Texted my wife to say so. She was very worried as it's like 40 miles from home

Reply to usonian (Reply #5)
Wed Feb 14, 2024, 12:07 AM

and in the middle of nowhere and pitch black, no street lights. She picked me up in the car and soon the conversation turned bad and I yelled that she had no respect for me and told her to stop the car and I got out. Anyway, it doesn't change how much I love her, and she picked me up again five minutes later. I'm not proud of anything I have done, just very upset.

:lmao:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2024, 08:58:33 AM »
No, I was going to walk home. Texted my wife to say so. She was very worried as it's like 40 miles from home

Reply to usonian (Reply #5)
Wed Feb 14, 2024, 12:07 AM

and in the middle of nowhere and pitch black, no street lights. She picked me up in the car and soon the conversation turned bad and I yelled that she had no respect for me and told her to stop the car and I got out.

What a tool  :thatsright: :loser: :loser:
I can’t believe someone would post something like that on a public forum, talk about a mental midget with anger management issues  :thatsright:

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2024, 09:11:15 AM »
I guess I'm weird. I don't think of friends and acquaintances I visit as whatever their current political views are. I think of them as - I'm warning you, I AM WEIRD - people.

I also don't visit people to have political discussions. I just would not fit in the DUmmie-verse, even as a "MAGA".
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2024, 09:38:33 AM »
Quote from:
Doodley

20. For much of my life, I didn't have a voice. I had a very bad stutter when I was a teenager. Kids would laugh at me when I tried to speak. I stopped talking and went into myself. It took a long time to get over it, and my self-worth and self-esteem was badly affected. I still have a lot of feelings of inadaquacy, but I am improving. So I appreciate your response. I feel sensitive to being silenced. It's not something I try to do to others. Sometimes, I just want to go back to my own world where I have no voice. So, I have issues. I have to also recognize that my wife has her own issues, her own insecurities. The Maga is my wife's ex-sister-in-law. She's the mother of my wife's neice who she loves dearly and wants to be able to see. She doesn't want any falling out. Maybe I should have explained in the OP, but it is a little more complex than a random MAGA situation.

Saying this kook has issues is an understatement.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2024, 10:08:30 AM »
I was trying to say that healthcare is a basic human right in the European nation where I grew up.

Euros of this sort won't get it, but Euros with a superiority complex go over poorly in the US when they assert their superiority. Things done differently are not necessarily inferiorly done.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2024, 10:16:30 AM »
Went with wife to visit a MAGA.

Went to visit a Make America Great Again?

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2024, 10:32:17 AM »
Went to visit a Make America Great Again?

And it upset him because he hates America.

Offline jukin

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2024, 12:20:22 PM »
I was trying to say that healthcare is a basic human right

No basic human right is forced from another human. A true human right is to be free of forced paying, most call that armed robbery, or forced servitude, again there is a name for that SLAVERY, for freeloaders.

To demand others provide is criminal. PERIOD.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2024, 01:43:08 PM »
When one is invited into the home of another, one does not raise ones voice emitting messages which are contrary to the owners/occupants of that home, unless one is intent on being a jerky jackass.

Teaching these sorts of things to DUmmies, is as wasted an effort as trying to teach a cricket to drive an automobile, however.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2024, 11:46:35 AM »
Euros of this sort won't get it, but Euros with a superiority complex go over poorly in the US when they assert their superiority. Things done differently are not necessarily inferiorly done.

Ultimately, the only way to make healthcare a 'human right' is to endorse slavery.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2024, 12:05:45 PM »
When one is invited into the home of another, one does not raise ones voice emitting messages which are contrary to the owners/occupants of that home, unless one is intent on being a jerky jackass.

Given Euro-Progs' superiority complex, being a "jerky jackass" (nice alliteration, BTW) was probably Doodley's intention.