Author Topic: The Silver Shit Midas sets back French-American relations over 200 years  (Read 499 times)

Offline Delmar

Fri Sep 17, 2021, 09:52 PM
speak easy (4,020 posts)

France recalls its Ambassador for the first time
since the Revolutionary War,

cancels the commemoration of the Battle of Chesapeake Bay.

France recalls ambassadors to US and Australia after Aukus pact

First time France has recalled a US ambassador in alliance dating back to American revolution

... The French foreign minister, Jean-Yves Le Drian, said the order to bring the ambassadors back to Paris “immediately” was made at the request of the French president, Emmanuel Macron.

... Peter Ricketts, a former permanent undersecretary at the Foreign Office and former UK ambassador to France, tweeted: “Don’t underestimate reaction in Paris. It’s not just anger but a real sense of betrayal that UK as well as US and Aus negotiated behind their backs for 6 months. I lived the rupture in 2003 over Iraq. This feels as bad or worse.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/sep/17/france-recalls-ambassadors-to-us-and-australia-after-aukus-pact
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215868440

Is this part of Sleepy Joe's foreign policy reset and restoration of norms?

Everything this Silver Shit Midas touches goes to hell.

He can't do anything right.  What a disaster.

Response to Dawson Leery (Reply #2)Fri Sep 17, 2021, 10:03 PM
speak easy (4,020 posts)
3. France has been our ally throughout history.
And that doddering old fool pResident has managed to screw it up.

Response to Dawson Leery (Reply #2)Fri Sep 17, 2021, 10:06 PM
Star Member TheRealNorth (4,032 posts)
4. I agree

This whole thing seems to be a failure of the State Department/diplomatic corps.
And especially that liver spotted old fool in the White House--where the buck stops.

Response to tirebiter (Reply #16)Sat Sep 18, 2021, 03:44 AM
Star Member DFW (44,028 posts)
24. DeGaulle pulling out of the military part of NATO was a major finger in our faces.

He never got over France no longer being the center of the world. What he did was a far greater affront, and yes, Macron is indeed down in the polls. And you know what? Most French won't care.

I'm down in France practically every week for work, and speak the language pretty much fluently. There are people there with whom I have worked for over 40 years. I can tell you with 100% certainty that there are no bigger critics of France and their government than the French, themselves.

In the Asterix comics, the French were portrayed as continually bickering among themselves while trying to stave off (mostly) the Romans and Julius Caesar, but also the Goths (the Germans) and the Normans (the Vikings) among others. I don't know how it was in the days of Vercingetorix, but today, it was an accurate depiction.
Marc, who, incidentally, can parlez vous the francais pretty much fluently chimes in with some nonsense that doesn't enlighten but only serves to show off what a sophisticated European continental he is.

Response to speak easy (Original post)Sat Sep 18, 2021, 04:54 AM
Shanti Shanti Shanti (10,651 posts)
26. Relax France,when we go to war with China over Taiwan there will be plenty of new weapons contracts

We're going to war with China?  Maybe that's why Peloski is keeping the traitor Milley on the payroll--to warn foreigners not to worry, we won't let the senile, unfit Biden start a war.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline thundley4

Re: The Silver Shit Midas sets back French-American relations over 200 years
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2021, 05:22:55 PM »
Response to speak easy (Original post)Sat Sep 18, 2021, 04:54 AM
Shanti Shanti Shanti (10,651 posts)
26. Relax France,when we go to war with China over Taiwan there will be plenty of new weapons contracts

Biden will serve Taiwan on a silver platter to his Chinese masters.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2021, 06:27:53 PM »
Who gives  a shit, we already know how to make french fries. :thatsright:

The next time they get conquered they can ask someone else for help. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Slo joe and the ho got to go!!! :lmao: :lmao: :-) :-) :rotf: :rotf:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2021, 03:09:18 PM »
THE ADULTS ARE BACK IN CHARGE!!!!
rheeeeeee
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2021, 07:52:19 PM »
This reads like a TOS thread, maybe a tiny bit more sympathetic to the frogs.

Buncha damn hypocrites.  If this was Trump who made this very same deal their heads would be exploding.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2021, 07:51:03 AM »
Another stupid move by Cap’n Dementia and his merry band of fellow idiots. What’s the point of doing this over some submarines for Australia? And it also causes other allies to wonder when Cap’n Dementia will pull the rug out from under them. Just no forethought whatsoever.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2021, 09:20:18 AM »
Another stupid move by Cap’n Dementia and his merry band of fellow idiots. What’s the point of doing this over some submarines for Australia? And it also causes other allies to wonder when Cap’n Dementia will pull the rug out from under them. Just no forethought whatsoever.

I'm when sure the issue of the submarines was brought up to captain dementia by his handlers his reply was "sounds good.  I'll take the spicy Italian on whole wheat...  Oh, an make it a footlong"
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020