Author Topic: Eastern Kentucky folks are just too stupid to see we should be their overlords  (Read 756 times)

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215318973

Star Member kentuck (101,191 posts)

My theory on why the poor voters in Eastern Kentucky vote Republican?

It goes back to the War of 1812. Andrew Jackson wanted volunteers to fight the British down in New Orleans. Many Kentuckians, some without arms, answered his call for help.

Many Kentuckians died in the War of 1812. Sixty-four percent of all casualties in that war were from Kentucky. That did not sit well with the people in the mountains of Kentucky. They blamed Andrew Jackson. And to this day, although they should be naturally inclined to the Democratic Party, the majority of the people vote Republican.

Just my theory on why the people of Kentucky vote against their own self interests.

It couldn't possibly be that the democrat asshats promise promise promise and never actually deliver? It couldn't possibly that folks in the Hills of Kentucky are individualists, it couldn't possibly be that identity politics doesn't appeal to these people. NOPE...

It has to be that they are just too stupid to see that Democrats should be their benevolent overlords. They should be happy to give give give while the demons take take take and redistribute whatever they can to those who are "more deserving."

Kentuck is a putz, and if is truly from my home state, then wtf went wrong with him (it?)?

Offline landofconfusion80

Its probably from louisville
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Why is it that the primitives insist we vote against our own best interests?

Our best interests lie in all the Constitutional rights, low taxes, less government, expanded opportunities for better and more jobs, &c., &c., &c.

Those are the best interests of everybody and anybody in the fifty states.

In voting Democrat, one is voting against one's own interests.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DUmpDiver

Unless you're there for entertainment purposes, there's really no point in reading any DUmp post that starts with the words "My theory..."

Offline SVPete

Yeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh, kt's 200-year-old-grudge theory seems a bit dubious. First, while, in 1812, Jackson and his army was ordered to New Orleans, they were halted and reassigned to the Mississippi area, where he a few months later became embroiled in the Creek war and a fight in Florida with the Spanish. These activities were on the periphery, strategically and geographically, of the War of 1812. Then in late 1814 Jackson learned of British plans to attack New Orleans and went there, arriving late in 1814. US deaths in that battle were 13, with another 19 missing or captured (IOW, 32 max).

Maybe I'm missing something - and would not mind learning better - but kt's 200-year-old-grudge theory about Andrew Jackson looks utterly bogus. And his claim that 64% of casualties in the War of 1812 were from Kentucky seems ridiculous on its face.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
Unless you're there for entertainment purposes, there's really no point in reading any DUmp post that starts with the words "My theory..."

You know... you get a Hi5 and I give myself a facepalm.... I should've known better.
Thanks for the reminder.

Offline Mary Ann

OMG. The DUpipo should have done Kentuck a favor and ignored his stupidity, but as of right now, there are 25 replies to his stupid post.

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
Ferrets are Cool (13,767 posts)

20. Could it be they're just stupid?

Like the repuq voters in my state, Alabama?

And there it is... don't vote for us... you must be stupid.

snort (2,210 posts)

11. Here's mine:

They're stupid.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 02:44:38 PM by Kc25 »

Offline landofconfusion80

And there it is... don't vote for us... you must be stupid.
If we're that stupid, there wouldn't be a massive housing boom in my area from people relocating from California.  Their reasons for leaving? California politics. Its a struggle reminding them that they need to leave ALL their California beliefs behind
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
Yer thread title is progressivism/moonbattery/Democrat party platform in a nutshell. 

Just heard a poll that claims 4 of 10 millennials and Gen Xers don't know about the 6 million Jews killed in the Holocaust, so I really doubt too many folks in Kentucky are aware of, let alone still butt hurt over Andrew Jackson. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline DLR Pyro

Just heard a poll that claims 4 of 10 millennials and Gen Xers don't know about the 6 million Jews killed in the Holocaust, so I really doubt too many folks in Kentucky are aware of, let alone still butt hurt over Andrew Jackson.

I'd hazard a guess that the majority of the 40% who don't know about the Holocaust often used the term "hitler" when referring to President Trump...
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

I'd hazard a guess that the majority of the 40% who don't know about the Holocaust often used the term "hitler" when referring to President Trump...

The less people know about the real-life monster the more flexible the epithet.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.