Author Topic: Security Essentials - Rogueware/Ransomware  (Read 2752 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Security Essentials - Rogueware/Ransomware
« on: October 02, 2010, 10:04:53 PM »
I just spent 2 days trying to clean that damn thing off my computer.  I ended up flashing the drive with a clean backup.

I ran rkill.com/malware bytes/superantispyware/ccleaner ....  Nothing worked to remove it.  It kept finding the virus but it couldn't kill it.

If anyone gets this virus and has any luck removing it please post how you got it off your machine.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Security Essentials - Rogueware/Ransomware
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 10:15:24 PM »
This is the one I ran into a little while back and my instructions for removing it.

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,47925.0.html
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: Security Essentials - Rogueware/Ransomware
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 10:19:58 PM »
Yeah, I've removed that one TWICE from my secretary's computer.  I thought when I got this new one it would be the same but the more I worked with it the more processes it shut down.  My back up was a little older than I would have liked (I'll fix that!) but at least I had one.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen