Author Topic: I was the victim of a hate crime last Thursday  (Read 1905 times)

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

Re: I was the victim of a hate crime last Thursday
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2020, 03:05:36 PM »
That was just a long, rambling rant with no point.
Nowhere in there did I see anything that would amount to a "Hate crime," nor anything that would suggest the neighbor was a Nazi.
However, here are some things I DID see and pick up on:
1. There's no way a flak jacket would be fluorescent green.
2. " that he is why M-80s exploded like an attack on Ft. Lewis on the 4th of July."
I seriously doubt they were M- 80s. While not completely banned in the US, M-80's are so heavily regulated (They contain more than 50 milligrams of pyrotechnic flash powder, and thus exceed the legal maximum limit on consumer- grade fireworks that can be available for general public sale) that they can only be legally acquired if the purchaser has a special license issued by the ATF.
3. As you guys have noted, she just comes across as a complete nutcase. Between randomly shrieking at her neighbors, the disturbing description of her dependence on her window (It does indeed sound like something out of a horror film; I can just picture soft, spooky music playing as she stares out the window at people passing and slowly slips further into madness), and that follow- up post in which she said she was kind of channeling the spirit of George Floyd, she SERIOUSLY needs help.
4. "Starting tomorrow I will be folding cranes and hanging them on my trees and bushes. For George Floyd. For Trayvon Martin. For Emmett Till. For me."
That REALLY got to me. I said this on the site years ago back when I was just "movie buff," but it bears repeating: Attempting to compare Trayvon Martin to Emmett Till is despicable, and an insult to Emmett Till's memory. I've prepared a little compare/ contrast (Mostly contrast) exercise to demonstrate this.
                             First, let's look at the deaths:
Emmett Till was a nice enough 14 year old kid from the North visiting his cousin in Mississippi who was forcibly taken from his cousin's house and brutally murdered (With an emphasis on "Brutally"; the Before and After pictures of Emmett would turn some people's hair white) by a pair of genuine racists simply for jokingly flirting with a white woman who he didn't know was married. It was a hideous, savage act of cowardice and hate.

Trayvon Martin, in contrast, was a 17 year old thug who had an obsession with violence and particularly MMA fighting, was a drug addict and likely a burglar, and was killed quickly in self- defense by a mixed- race man (And one who had previously been known for counseling and mentoring black youths in the area and for raising public awareness/ outrage over the beating of a black homeless man in the area at the hands of a white cop's son that was largely being ignored until he got involved) who Trayvon was trying to beat to death, and who had first tried screaming for help and only shot Trayvon when it became clear nobody was going to come and help him in time. On top of that, Zimmerman didn't even realize Trayvon was dead until afterwards when the police first talked to him about it. This means he was not deliberately shooting to kill. This attitude provides a great contrast to Trayvon, who was heard loudly shouting "YOU'RE GONNA DIE TONIGHT, B&&CH!" while attacking Zimmerman.

Next, let's look at the trials:
When Emmett Till's murderers went on trial, their defense attorney relied on a flat- out ridiculous argument: He claimed that Emmett Till was in fact still alive! He claimed (All without a shred of real evidence) that the mutilated corpse seen by morticians and Till's mother really belonged to someone else, and that the real Emmett Till was hiding out in Chicago. In spite of how ludicrous this argument was, the killers were acquitted by an all- white jury after less than an hour of deliberation (The jurors apparently even had enough time for a soda break before announcing their verdict). Almost immediately after being acquitted, knowing that they were protected by the Double Jeopardy Clause, the two scumbags bragged in magazine interviews that they did indeed kill Emmett to make an example of him.

When George Zimmerman went on trial, his defense attorney used eyewitness testimony, medical records, and other valid evidence to clearly prove that Martin attacked first and Zimmerman shot him in self- defense. The prosecution, in contrast, used piss- poor arguments based largely on shallow emotional appeals and the testimony of a single witness whose credibility was called into serious question during the cross- examination. Unsurprisingly, Zimmerman was acquitted after the jury deliberated for over 16 hours. To the best of my knowledge, Zimmerman's account of the incident post- acquittal has not changed a single word from what it was before.

Lastly, let's look at the aftermaths:
Emmett Till's murderers were left alone, and both died at ripe old ages (Though unless they repented of what they did, they are currently experiencing the full penalty of their actions in Hell).

For three years after the shooting, George Zimmerman was investigated for civil rights violations by Obama's "Justice" Department out of pure spite before the DOJ finally had to back off due to lack of evidence. He and his family are being deluged with death threats from angry black supremacists, and he was wounded in a murder attempt in 2014 by a nutcase named Matthew Apperson.

Again I say, to compare Trayvon Martin to Emmett Till is despicable, and an insult to Till's memory. Shame on her for even trying to imply that comparison.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2020, 04:21:05 PM »
Thanks, Movie Buff. There was a lot of monkey business going on with the George Zimmerman trial. I think there is a movie coming out. (Or maybe it's already out.) Jack Cashill has written about it. Apparently, they substituted one Diamond Eugene for another. There was no one that was a fair trial. Just glad the outcome was justice for Zimmerman.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2020, 05:26:38 AM »
Adult social services should be called out to check on this one. At bare minimum, the bottles of piss should be emptied out
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Delmar

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2020, 07:04:33 PM »
:hi5: earned and issued!

The vest looks more like a insulated hunting vest - insulated for warmth, day-glow for safety. Given WA climate, warmth at a shooting range could be a consideration.

A false police call would be about her speed. I doubt she has the friends or intelligence to try Smollett's stunt (which wasn't all that intelligent).

I've seen vests like that before, that is the kind of vest (nazi flak jacket, rather) that the adult volunteers wear that serve as crossing guards around the school by my house.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline jukin

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2020, 12:21:18 PM »
In my youth we would get a hold of M80s from Mexico. One time we blew up a steel cased trunk about 1.5 X 3 X 2 feet in dimensions. It blew that case up in the air about 30 feet high.  The old hippie communist would have known if it was an M80. The whole neighborhood would have known it.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2020, 03:06:12 PM »
Star Member Generic Other (26,302 posts)

I was the victim of a hate crime last Thursday

You are the nutty neighbor that the kids egg and tee-pee every Halloween.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.