Author Topic: U.S., other powers kick Russia out of G8  (Read 3540 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
U.S., other powers kick Russia out of G8
« on: March 24, 2014, 04:40:21 PM »
U.S., other powers kick Russia out of G8

U.S. President Barack Obama and other world leaders have decided to end Russia's role in the group of leading industrialized nations, the White House said Monday.

The move to suspend Russia's membership in the G8 is the latest direct response from major countries allied against Russia's annexation of Crimea.

"International law prohibits the acquisition of part or all of another state's territory through coercion or force," the statement said. "To do so violates the principles upon which the international system is built. We condemn the illegal referendum held in Crimea in violation of Ukraine's constitution.

CNN
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
Re: U.S., other powers kick Russia out of G8
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 04:52:26 PM »
That Obama character is so big and bad... I bet Putin is scared shitless or shirtless in his case.
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: Re: Re: U.S., other powers kick Russia out of G8
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 04:54:23 PM »
That Obama character is so big and bad...
:badass:
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 05:04:41 PM »
Does the G8 do anything other than have meetings and draw protesters from the left?

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 05:09:49 PM »
Does the G8 do anything other than have meetings and draw protesters from the left?

Well, apparently they can count. They've gone from the G8 to the G7.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 05:16:31 PM »
That Obama character is so big and bad... I bet Putin is scared shitless or shirtless in his case.

I am expecting Putin's next news conference to consist of him walking up to the podium, stepping to the side of it, turning around, dropping his pants and underwear, and mooning the world.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 05:41:39 PM »
Finally, Obama is listening to Limbaugh.  He recommended this days ago.

excerpted:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/03/24/obama-to-do-what-rush-limbaugh-said-he-wouldnt-in-response-to-russian-aggression/

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh last week said President Barack Obama should push for harsher punishments for Russia over its aggression in Ukraine. He argued Obama and his allies should kick Russia out of the G-8 and International Monetary Fund, but predicted the president wouldn’t push for such action.

On Monday, the Washington Post reported Obama plans to urge world leaders to indefinitely suspend Russia from the G-8.
It’s unlikely the White House is taking foreign policy advice from the “king of talk radio,” but it appears that Limbaugh may have spoken too soon.

He could has listened to far worse advisors. :rotf:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 05:51:29 PM »
I am expecting Putin's next news conference to consist of him walking up to the podium, stepping to the side of it, turning around, dropping his pants and underwear, and mooning the world.

More likely he says...... our oil and natural gas infrastructure has a problem, so we're indefinitely suspending services.  Then he drops his drawers.
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2014, 07:09:42 PM »
Finally, Obama is listening to Limbaugh.  He recommended this days ago.
Louie Gomert covered this on Hannity last week.

The next thing Obama needs to do is put the missile defense shield back in Poland. He removed it a couple years ago.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2014, 07:19:47 PM »
While having a good giggle at obinga's weakness on the world stage, let's not forget what isolating a lunatic can lead to.  It's a good move, and a natural one, but it's not like barry has the stones to follow it up or, for that matter, what to do next.

We could end up with an "oopsie" thanks to the rookie.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2014, 07:22:09 PM »
So I was doing some reading.   It looks like the US and other countries basically just suspended their own participation seeing as it was supposed to be held in Russia.
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2014, 08:54:22 PM »
We have a paper tiger for a president and Putin knows it. Obummer stated that military action was out of the question in the Ukraine which was a stupid move. The EU countries and others might be better off dealing with Putin on an individual basis rather than as a group because Obama is a wimp and will fold like a wet noodle if things get too hot. The US turned its back on freedom fighters in Cuba and Iran, and the same thing will happen if they put their trust in the Magic Negro.

Offline marv

• In Memoriam
  • Resident Grandpa
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2014, 06:53:28 AM »
excerpted:

http://www.theblaze.com/s...se-to-russian-aggression/

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh last week said President Barack Obama should push for harsher punishments for Russia over its aggression in Ukraine. He argued Obama and his allies should kick Russia out of the G-8 and International Monetary Fund, but predicted the president wouldn’t push for such action.

On Monday, the Washington Post reported Obama plans to urge world leaders to indefinitely suspend Russia from the G-8. It’s unlikely the White House is taking foreign policy advice from the “king of talk radio,” but it appears that Limbaugh may have spoken too soon.

An indefinite suspension is not the same as "...kick Russia out of the G-8...". Anyway barring Russia from the IMF would have greater effect.

Next move: White king takes black rook and checks energy exports to Ukraine. Black king retreats to defense behind black pawn and says, "That'll have consequences."

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: THE SOAP BOX, THE BALLOT BOX, THE JURY BOX, AND THE CARTRIDGE BOX.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Offline Dori

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2014, 09:10:56 AM »
Obama has to be the most inept President we've ever had.  :mad:

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2014, 11:31:41 AM »
Putin's response, go pound sand.

:yawn:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2014, 03:53:23 PM »

Putin's response, go pound sand.

:yawn:

Offline Dori

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2014, 04:44:29 PM »
Greg Gutfeld today on The Five;

"The President may have the abs, but he doesn't have the stomach.  This is not a White House, this is a day care center for overgrown grad students, who believe group hugs make for sound foreign policy. Right now he's cutting the military, he's like the captain of the Titanic ordering ice cubes.

Putin not in the G8? Like that's going to break his heart? That's like telling Bob he's not in spin class"
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2014, 07:01:20 PM »
Basically, the current administration shows just how feckless they can be.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Lacarnut

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2014, 10:33:20 PM »
I bet that Obama and Putin are secretly laughing their asses off at the rest of the planet. I've never put stock in G-n Star Wars Cantina outings, but Obama is working with Putin with the flexibility. Ukraine is history, unless the Tea Party can make serious inroads in November.
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline Fourwinds

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2014, 10:22:26 AM »
Louie Gomert covered this on Hannity last week.

The next thing Obama needs to do is put the missile defense shield back in Poland. He removed it a couple years ago.

I wouldn't be the on that. He, along with his administration are getting rid of the tomahawk missile program.  There isn't a damn thing in the military that's safe from this bastard.

Offline Dori

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2014, 10:48:18 AM »
I wouldn't bet on that. He, along with his administration are getting rid of the tomahawk missile program.  There isn't a damn thing in the military that's safe from this bastard.

I wonder what kind of military we will have by the time he leaves office. 

I sure can't help feel that something bad is going to happen before that.   :(

Offline Fourwinds

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2014, 01:27:46 AM »
I wonder what kind of military we will have by the time he leaves office. 

I sure can't help feel that something bad is going to happen before that.   :(

My best guess will be a military that is strapped for cash, with everything from ground vehicles,  to ships and aircraft completely dead lined due to lack of parts or fuel to burn. Low man power and retention due to no incentives. Basically,  anything that will prevent global projection and anything that will take years to recover from if ever regarding the cost of restarting weapons programs or regaining prior numbers from recruitment.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2014, 09:11:15 AM »
My best guess will be a military that is strapped for cash, with everything from ground vehicles,  to ships and aircraft completely dead lined due to lack of parts or fuel to burn. Low man power and retention due to no incentives. Basically,  anything that will prevent global projection and anything that will take years to recover from if ever regarding the cost of restarting weapons programs or regaining prior numbers from recruitment.

We're already seeing it.  One carrier is sitting idle, waiting for refueling.  Soon it will be two, and this will create a ripple effect on the other carriers as they come up for LROH.  The other services I'm sure will be doing the same.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2014, 05:33:51 PM »
We're already seeing it.  One carrier is sitting idle, waiting for refueling.  Soon it will be two, and this will create a ripple effect on the other carriers as they come up for LROH.  The other services I'm sure will be doing the same.

Jimmah on steroids.