Author Topic: Reid moves toward invoking nuclear option in Senate  (Read 3510 times)

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: Reid moves toward invoking nuclear option in Senate
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2013, 09:39:55 AM »
Ultimately, I don't believe that McConnell, McCain, et.al, are all that unhappy that the Dhimmi'Rats have pulled the trigger on this.  After all, assuming our optimism for the 2014 midterms is warranted, they now do not have to go through a very public internacine fight in order to muzzle the Mike Lees, Ted Cruzes and Rand Pauls of the party.  All they have to do is carry over Comrade Harry's rules change, nice and quietly, as presently enacted. They don't have to get their spineless little hands dirty at all.

I've seen plenty of innerwebz comments asking the Republican RINO branch if they still think "reaching across the aisle" was a good idea: I'm sure they think it was a great idea, because the pedarast Harry Reid just handed his RINO butt buddies an early Christmas present, and ensured their - continued - slobbering devotion to him and his for years to come.

Yeah that D6, is McCain up this time around?  Thought he wasn't coming up for awhile yet.  As much as the GOP should tit-for-tat the Dems on this for the same period of time that it stands when the worm eventually does turn, I'm sure McCain and the RINOs will tube any effort in that direction.  Of course, there were three dems who voted against this BS, but then again Reid wouldn't have tried it unless he knew he had enough caucus votes to pass it, so whether they really had an independent stand on it or were merely allowed to look like they did is open for debate.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2013, 03:53:06 PM »
NY Times was AGAINST the filibuster ban before it was FOR it...

Walking in the Opposition's Shoes

Published: March 29, 2005

The Senate will return from Easter vacation with nuclear options on its mind. Republicans seem determined to change the rules so Democrats will no longer be able to stop judicial nominations with the threat of a filibuster. If they're acting out of frustration, it's understandable. In the past we've been frustrated when legislators tried to stop important bills from passing by resorting to the same tactic. The filibuster, which allows 41 senators to delay action indefinitely, is a rough instrument that should be used with caution. But its existence goes to the center of the peculiar but effective form of government America cherishes.

Read more...

...and 2013

Democracy Returns to the Senate
By THE EDITORIAL BOARD
Published: November 21, 2013

For five years, Senate Republicans have refused to allow confirmation votes on dozens of perfectly qualified candidates nominated by President Obama for government positions. They tried to nullify entire federal agencies by denying them leaders. They abused Senate rules past the point of tolerance or responsibility. And so they were left enraged and threatening revenge on Thursday when a majority did the only logical thing and stripped away their power to block the president’s nominees.

Read more...

"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2013, 03:56:20 PM »
NY Times was AGAINST the filibuster ban before it was FOR it...

...and 2013

SHOCKING!!! (not)
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2013, 07:38:03 PM »
The democrats had to do this to counter the gerrymandered senate districts created by the GOP.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2013, 08:41:42 PM »
The democrats had to do this to counter the gerrymandered senate districts created by the GOP.

:thatsright:

[youtube=425,350]www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0[/youtube]

:cheers1:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2013, 02:50:56 PM »

New Hampshire has one whole county that doesn't even have a hospital covered by Obamacare.  People are going to have to travel 75 miles. 

More like 125 miles.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford