Author Topic: Herman Cain officially kicks off 2012 presidential race  (Read 3137 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Herman Cain officially kicks off 2012 presidential race
« on: January 12, 2011, 04:14:01 PM »
It's started.  Rebel will be happy . . .  :cheersmate:

Herman Cain officially kicks off 2012 presidential race

1 hr 53 mins ago

by Holly Bailey

Just under 22 months before Election Day, we have our first semi-official entrant in the 2012 presidential race.

Republican Herman Cain announced Wednesday that he's setting up an exploratory committee to raise cash for a potential bid for the 2012 GOP presidential nomination.

Wait, Herman who?

A former CEO of Godfather's Pizza and executive at Pillsbury, Cain is a conservative radio host in Atlanta who has been a popular figure on the GOP speaking circuit over the last year. Cain, who is black, is perhaps best known nationally for speaking out last year against charges made by the NAACP that the tea party is made up of "racist elements."

Last month, Cain topped a 2012 presidential straw poll organized by the conservative blog Red State, beating out the likes of Sarah Palin and Mike Huckabee. Still, Cain, who also previously headed the National Restaurant Association, has virtually no name recognition beyond the GOP grass roots and is not even a blip in most early presidential polls — not that he views that as a problem.

The rest is at:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theticket/20110112/pl_yblog_theticket/herman-cain-officially-kicks-off-the-2012-presidential-race

And so it begins.  I really think that the Obamessiah has polluted the well for black Republicans, myself.  But, I'm liking the fact that he's a conservative.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Janice

• This election is about paychecks v. food stamps
Re: Herman Cain officially kicks off 2012 presidential race
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 04:25:47 PM »
Ive occasionally listened to Cain over the years on the radio. He is pretty good overall. Has a bit of a libertarian streak I believe. Does seem to have solid conservative values. :cheersmate:
Reagan bankrupted the Soviet Empire ...

Obama is bankrupting the American Republic

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 04:27:25 PM »
Hehehehehehe I wonder what the Big Eard Idiot is going to say if Herman gets to be hid opponet in 2012. I'm thinking that those debates are so not going to go Obama's way.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Janice

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 04:31:44 PM »
Yes, I believe Herman would open a nice can of whoop ass on the man/child marxist.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 04:50:52 PM »
I'm still not that familiar with Cain.  With this news though, I will make sure to read up on him as much as possible.

If Cain wins the bid, the debates against Obama will be popcorn worthy.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 05:19:09 PM »
is he clean and articulate?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline longview

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 06:18:35 PM »
I've heard tapes of him.  I liked what I heard, definitely.

Offline true_blood

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 06:44:44 PM »
Yes, I believe Herman would open a nice can of whoop ass on the man/child marxist.
HA HA! Yes, I do believe you are correct, he would whoop.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 06:47:01 PM »
is he clean and articulate?

Pizza delivery forMongoObama?  Godfather Pizza? This could a fun campaign.   :fuelfire:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 06:48:46 PM »
Awesome
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, 07:07:30 PM »
Great news!
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 08:21:41 PM »
Sad to say that I have little faith in Herman Cain making it into the GOP nomination. He ran for an office this past election cycle and couldn't even carry that. Then there's the entire "experience" issue, which the LEFT will undoubtedly play on. (Hypocrites) And, I GUARANTEE that the uncle Tom or House Negro moniker will be solidly placed on him in order to further disparage him.  I don't mean to rain on anybody's parade, but that's how I see it. 
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011, 11:15:18 PM »
I just signed up at his site to get emails from him. I'd like to learn more.
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2011, 12:06:19 AM »
I just signed up at his site to get emails from him. I'd like to learn more.
You can listen to his radio show in the evenings.

http://wsbradio.com/inside/shows.html
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2011, 12:13:16 AM »
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2011, 01:10:49 AM »
You can listen to his radio show in the evenings.

http://wsbradio.com/inside/shows.html

He often subs for Neal Boortz, as well as having his own show.  He has no love for Lord Zero or anyone on the left.
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2011, 09:22:53 AM »
Sad to say that I have little faith in Herman Cain making it into the GOP nomination. He ran for an office this past election cycle and couldn't even carry that. Then there's the entire "experience" issue, which the LEFT will undoubtedly play on. (Hypocrites) And, I GUARANTEE that the uncle Tom or House Negro moniker will be solidly placed on him in order to further disparage him.  I don't mean to rain on anybody's parade, but that's how I see it. 

What kind of experience would you prefer? The kind Obama has? Gore has? Kerry has? Or the kind that's almost always ABSENT from the political scene, BUSINESS? As for him losing the Georgia senatorial race, he was pretty much an unknown and almost carried the election to a run-off.

This man WILL get my vote. I'm sick of f'n attorneys. I want a business man.....a SUCCESSFUL business man. As for anyone labeling him an uncle Tom, I say bring it. He'll rip'em to shreds.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline ConservativeMobster

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011, 09:32:05 AM »
What kind of experience would you prefer? The kind Obama has? Gore has? Kerry has? Or the kind that's almost always ABSENT from the political scene, BUSINESS? As for him losing the Georgia senatorial race, he was pretty much an unknown and almost carried the election to a run-off.

This man WILL get my vote. I'm sick of f'n attorneys. I want a business man.....a SUCCESSFUL business man. As for anyone labeling him an uncle Tom, I say bring it. He'll rip'em to shreds.

Amen!  Let them bring it, I think Mr Cain is more than ready for the leftist jabs.  Especially the racial ones.
Our people look for a cause to believe in. Is it a third party we need, or is it a new and revitalized second party, raising a banner of no pale pastels, but bold colors which make it unmistakably clear where we stand on all of the issues troubling the people?***Ronald Reagan

Offline cottondress

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2011, 09:52:50 AM »
Look forward to those debates...he is brilliant and comes across as a nice guy...even if he does not make it to the finals he will have a lot of wisdom to share.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
Ronald Reagan

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2011, 01:00:45 PM »

A business man rather than an attorney or career politician would be a breath of fresh air to the polluted garbage in DC. The Repubs need someone like him who has business experience and who is not a knuckle dragging wimpy Republician. He would be a good candidate for VP as Palin's running mate.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2011, 01:04:27 PM »
A business man rather than an attorney or career politician would be a breath of fresh air to the polluted garbage in DC. The Repubs need someone like him who has business experience and who is not a knuckle dragging wimpy Republician. He would be a good candidate for VP as Palin's running mate.

Or Sarah would be a good VP running mate for him.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2011, 01:09:05 PM »
Palin cannot win the general election and there's no way in hell I would vote for her over Cain.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2011, 06:02:15 PM »
Pizza delivery forMongoObama?  Godfather Pizza? This could a fun campaign.   :fuelfire:

This would be better...reminds me of:

[youtube=425,350]rGr9_9clziM[/youtube]
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline thundley4

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2011, 06:03:27 PM »
Herman Cain
I'll be answering questions from you, my Facebook friends LIVE on WSB Radio and wsbradio.com. Post your questions now!
http://www.facebook.com/THEHermanCain

Offline Janice

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2011, 06:42:53 PM »
Herman Cain on Your World with Neil Cavuto 1.12.11

YouTubeVideo