Author Topic: Gunmen take 170 hostages in Radisson hotel in Mali  (Read 1208 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
Gunmen take 170 hostages in Radisson hotel in Mali
« on: November 20, 2015, 04:44:46 AM »

DEVELOPING –  The hotel group which operates the Radisson Blu Hotel in the Mali capital of Bamako confirmed Friday that gunmen have taken 170 hostages. The U.S. Embassy has urged Americans in the area to seek shelter.

The French Embassy reports explosions were heard and local reports say the hostage takers are Muslim jihadists. The number of gunmen was not immediately known.

The hotel group said 140 guests and 30 employees were taken.

The U.S. Embassy said in a statement that it was aware of “an ongoing active shooter operation” at the hotel and that staff has been asked to shelter in place.

Following a military coup in 2012, Islamic extremists took control of northern Mali, prompting a French-led military intervention in early 2013. The extremists were scattered from northern towns and cities, though the north remains insecure and militant attacks have extended farther south this year.

In March masked gunmen shot up a Bamako restaurant popular with foreigners, killing five people.

About 1,000 French troops remain in the country.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/11/20/mali-hotel-attack/

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: Gunmen take 170 hostages in Radisson hotel in Mali
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 04:58:07 AM »
Gunmen released some of the hostages if they could recite verses of the Koran.

I wonder what the background of the terrorists is . . . :confused: :whistling: :censored:

The reports are saying that there's three dead in the assault.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 05:34:01 AM »
Updates--between 2 and 12 gunmen, 200 hostages, at least 3 dead--one Frenchman and two Mali citizens, the Mali Special Forces have surrounded the hotel.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 05:55:12 AM »
Updates--between 2 and 12 gunmen, 200 hostages, at least 3 dead--one Frenchman and two Mali citizens, the Mali Special Forces have surrounded the hotel.

"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it."
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Ken8521

• DeSantis 2024!
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2015, 08:39:25 AM »
 :mad:

Prayers for all involved.  Could you imagine if we had a LEADER?

Fox is reporting the US Military is already on scene... I'm guessing either Seals, Delta, or 75th Rangers.... that part of the world is always ready to explode, so not particularly surprising we were close... but I'm sure the conspiracy theories on DU will start any time.  At least Dick Cheney and GW weren't visiting the Embassy.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2015, 08:47:26 AM »
Reports coming in now that there are American hostages in the Hotel.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2015, 11:19:08 AM »
Gunmen released some of the hostages if they could recite verses of the Koran.

And obama will continue to embarrass himself and insult our intelligence by insisting these terrorists are not islamic
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2015, 08:54:44 PM »
About 27 dead after Islamists seize hotel in Mali's capital
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/gunmen-attack-luxury-hotel-mali-capital-hostages-084238110.html

BAMAKO (Reuters) - Around 27 people were reported dead on Friday after Malian commandos stormed a hotel seized by Islamist gunmen to rescue 170 people, many of them foreigners, trapped in the building.

The jihadist group Al Mourabitoun, which is based in the desert north of the former French colony, claimed responsibility for the attack and said it worked with al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb. Mali has been battling Islamist rebels for years.

A security source said the siege was over by around 4 p.m. local time (1630 GMT) and two militants were dead.

The Islamists are getting more active.  :mad: :argh:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du