Author Topic: primitives speculate about Newt revival  (Read 533 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives speculate about Newt revival
« on: February 08, 2009, 07:01:55 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x5009489

Oh my.

It should be no mystery why the minds of the primitives are overtaxed, they trying too hard to understand things which they cannot possibly understand.

Gidney N Cloyd  (1000+ posts)      Sun Feb-08-09 01:52 PM
Original message

What's with the Newt Revival this week? He's everywhere.

Is the GOP trying to reboot their image back to 1994?

anonymous171  (1000+ posts)        Sun Feb-08-09 01:53 PM
Response to Original message

1. Yes. And the dems deserve to lose if they let the GOP come back.

Swede  (1000+ posts)        Sun Feb-08-09 01:56 PM

2. Robert Reich was speaking on ABC this morning

he said the GOP strategists know that the stimulus package will not engage the economy full speed after only two years,they will blame Obama. Newt was right there grinning away.

I'll bet.

Jawja  (1000+ posts)        Sun Feb-08-09 01:59 PM
Response to Reply #2

4. I have a question for Newt: what happened to the "Contract with America?" What happened to term limits?

Instead of giving us the Contract with America, Newt's failed leadership gave us an obstructionist, hypocritical impeachment.

Well, the impeachment part was okay, but there's many Republicans and conservatives wondering what happened with that contract, because it cost us in 2006 and 2008.

The warped primitive:

Warpy  (1000+ posts)        Sun Feb-08-09 01:57 PM

3. He's running for president in 2012 and he's not the only GOP lunatic first stringer we're going to see more of in the next 4 years. They're all going to be jockeying for position, hoping to unseat Jebbie as the heir apparent.

The large-proboscised primitive, Oscar Wilde:

Cyrano  (1000+ posts)        Sun Feb-08-09 02:22 PM
Response to Reply #3

7. Actually, anyone here on DU has a better chance of becoming prez than Newt.

The only one who doesn't know it is Newt.

I just can't wait to see their 1012 lineup. Jeb Bush (whose very name induces nausea)? Sarah the wolf-killer from Alaska? Newt? Attila the Hun? Charles Manson?

Then again, I shouldn't be so cavalier about this. What sane human being would have believed the George Bush would get to sit in the White House (and Camp David, and Crawford, TX) for eight years?

This is America where anything is possible. Let's not underestimate our enemies. And yes, the Republicans are our enemies. I'd like to see someone make a case to prove otherwise.

Yep, that's what's great about America; anything's possible.

The warped primitive, again:

Warpy  (1000+ posts)        Sun Feb-08-09 04:22 PM
Response to Reply #7

14. What they're planning is to blame everything that's wrong with the economy on the Democrats. Since most Americans have the attention span of a flea, they'll undoubtedly succeed with many.

They knew they wouldn't win this one, which is why all their heavy hitters stayed out and they set McCain up as the sacrificial lamb with the idiot Palin hung around his neck like a rotting albatross.

However, they still control the media, all of it except for a few magazines and local, small circulation niche papers. Whether it will be enough to deodorize the stench of corruption clinging to that party remains to be seen.

Oh my, but never mind.

Submariner  (1000+ posts)        Sun Feb-08-09 02:05 PM

5. I thought he was banished in shame for his treatment of women?

He's a despicable POS that obviously has no shame.

DianeG5385  (1000+ posts)      Sun Feb-08-09 02:39 PM

8. They're trying to pretend it's 1993

They also have so few credible leaders, they need to exhume and dust off the Reagan bots in an effort to remain relevant

JFN1  (1000+ posts)        Sun Feb-08-09 02:49 PM

9. Republic Party power vacuum

Every scumbag, past and present, wants in...and why Cheney is out there blabbing again...

Richard Cheney in 2012?  Damn, I like that idea; in fact, I love it.

TwilightGardener  (1000+ posts)      Sun Feb-08-09 02:51 PM
Response to Reply #9

10. Yep--look at the turds floating back to the top of the toilet.

Can't flush 'em.

The nighttime gardener primitive reads too much of the sparkling husband primitive.

backscatter712  (1000+ posts)      Sun Feb-08-09 02:56 PM
Response to Reply #9

11. That's what it looks like.

Despite all the lock-step posturing to give the Republic party the appearance of unity, the fact is they're not united. The fundies are pushing for power. The neo-cons are pushing for power. The Know-Nothings (Palin & Joe the Plumber types) are pushing for power, and even the moderates, aka Collins and Snowe, are taking an opportunity when they see it and pushing for some more influence.

We need to be throwing more grenades into the arena and see if they can tear themselves to pieces with infighting.

madrchsod  (1000+ posts)        Sun Feb-08-09 03:03 PM

12. the day of the walking dead?

The primitive with all that prime lake-front real-estate in California he's trying to ruin:

tularetom  (1000+ posts)      Sun Feb-08-09 03:10 PM

13. Everybody else has been thoroughly discredited

So they are recycling old spokesliars from years ago in the hopes the public has forgotten that they too have been discredited.

Won't work this time. The Newt is a joke and most Americans realize it.

The silly primitive:

SoCalDem  (1000+ posts)        Sun Feb-08-09 04:38 PM

15. Media types are desperately trying to fill as much air-time with republicans as they can

During the 8 years of BC, they needed lots of republicans so they could join in on the bash-a-thon, and then during the 8 yers of &*², they needed lots of republicans so they could join in on the praise-a-thon/excuse-a-thon, and now that we have another democrat in the white house, they need respublicans to fire up the slime-mometer machine..

Gidney N Cloyd  (1000+ posts)      Sun Feb-08-09 05:24 PM
Response to Reply #15

16. Could be. Where they go wrong with Newty is that >>>>

>>> the more airtime they give him, the likelier he'll go off on one of his crazy tangents. He usually sounds sane at first-- great soundbites-- but long-form exposure brings out the wackjob side.

I dunno, I like Newt, in fact I have a great deal of liking for Newt, but he's not my choice--at the moment--for 2012.

In case the primitives are wondering, it's NOT a crime to think about running for an office.

Whatever.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
Re: primitives speculate about Newt revival
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 08:00:01 PM »
What cracks me up about the dummies is the fact that they call Sarah Palin stupid.  Sarah Palin is anything but stupid. 

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Re: primitives speculate about Newt revival
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 08:05:35 PM »
What cracks me up about the dummies is the fact that they call Sarah Palin stupid.  Sarah Palin is anything but stupid. 

I'd like to see the average DUmmy get elected governor of their state.  Even the exceptional ones over there aren't fit to run their PTA.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.