Author Topic: All this Happy HorseS**t about Iraq  (Read 3286 times)

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
All this Happy HorseS**t about Iraq
« on: January 15, 2008, 10:02:19 AM »
Sit down.......grab your favorite beverage and listen to the Tom Thumb primitive speaking truth to power

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2686743

ThomWV  (1000+ posts)      Tue Jan-15-08 09:24 AM
Original message
All This Happy Horseshit About Ending The War In Iraq
 Here is the shortest history lesson you will ever need

I was in Viet Nam for years. When the "Peace Talks" began in the spring of 1968 those of us in country thought the end was in sight. Two years later when I left the war was still going on; full-tilt-boogie. The Peace Accords would not be signed for another 3 years. During every one of those 5 years from the initiation of peace talks until we abandoned the country there were millions of people in the streets protesting that war. Today we have no public show of displeasure with our war that even approaches what we saw then.

Keep that time span and level of public involvement in mind the next time you think we are going to get out Iraq within months of electing your favorite boy or girl.

peace13  (1000+ posts)       Tue Jan-15-08 09:30 AM
Response to Original message
2. Where have you been?
 We have had hundreds of thousands of people in the streets of DC over the past five years. The media ignores this as much as possible. People are speaking and acting out every day to stop this war. Come join us on the streets every Tuesday and Saturday in Granville. We have a small but energetic crowd. Peace, Kim

translation............there are two of us standing on the corner insulting the troops

ThomWV  (1000+ posts)      Tue Jan-15-08 09:41 AM
Response to Reply #2
7. I was in the marches, that is where I have been. Where in hell was everyone else? 
 I have been to Washington in what pittiful few and feeble marches have taken place. I live on the phone to my Senators and Congressman. I write letters, I call people, I talk to people in the streets. I do all this shit and I am god dam near alone.

There were more people in the streets in 1966 protesting the war in Viet Nam than there have been in total against this war. There is no comparison what so ever in scale or committment between then and now

This is Vietnam......I want this to be vietnam, I miss the good ole days of America bashing

peace13  (1000+ posts)       Tue Jan-15-08 09:53 AM
Response to Reply #7
15. Your OP sounds like there have been no marches.
 I think that you discount the efforts. Don't feel alone, I do the same things that you do. I have a log of all of my DC calls and what the call was regarding. It is sad to see that the politicians do not feel bound to represent the people. I have a memorial to the soldiers in my yard with 3900 flags that have been up since 2005. I understand your frustration. The problem is the media and not getting the message out. My local newspaper editor told me that people were bored with flags and that if we wanted coverage we would have to do something else. Go figure. The fact is that there are many out there working to get this war stopped. How do we get the message out? Peace, Kim

ThomWV  (1000+ posts)      Tue Jan-15-08 10:16 AM
Response to Reply #15
25. Burn the flags. Seriously, call a reporter and them burn every god dam one of them
 Tell him the American People have abandoned them and now so will you, then take a box of matches and burn every one of those flags. I can guarantee you that not only will it make your local news but you will be on every TV program in the United States. Tell your story as the flames rise - they will listen.

yeah that's the way to show your support of the troops and this great country........burn it's very symbol

proud2Blib  (1000+ posts)       Tue Jan-15-08 10:17 AM
Response to Reply #7
26. "pittiful few and feeble marches"???
 You obviously haven't been to the same marches I have.

Yeah he has.................they're feeble

Lastlaughin08  (1000+ posts)      Tue Jan-15-08 09:35 AM
Response to Reply #4
5. Draft (or serious talk of it) would be the only thing that would work
 Sad to say..............

Whatever.............

The campfire is rather small....................Can we call em Traitors yet??

You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline MPCOA

• Just Off Probation
Re: All this Happy HorseS**t about Iraq
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 10:17:11 AM »
He was in Vietnam for years?

Was he VC or NVA, because the US had one year tours?
Don't suffer from PTSD, go out and cause it

Embrace the Hate

"Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return." Gen. Colin Powell

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 10:18:31 AM »
It really bums them out that we are not in a nation-against-nation war, we have no military draft to fire up the youth, yet still, our military is busy defending freedom and the civilized western world's way of life.  It just chaps their little DUmmie asses.  They don't know what to do without the proper template in place.

The DUmmies demand peace, but peace for whom is never clearly defined.  

Offline MPCOA

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 10:22:57 AM »
I think it bothers them more that they can't just come out and say they hate the military.....yet.
Don't suffer from PTSD, go out and cause it

Embrace the Hate

"Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return." Gen. Colin Powell

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 10:24:44 AM »
He was in Vietnam for years?

Was he VC or NVA, because the US had one year tours?
If you were lucky enough to survive that year. My Dad had some horrendous things happen to him in a 9 month span,the last of which was getting blown off the back of a transport,breaking his back thus his ticket home.
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 10:27:31 AM »
This dummie hated the Vietnam war so much he volunteered for multiple tours :whatever:
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 10:40:51 AM »
I think it bothers them more that they can't just come out and say they hate the military.....yet.

They don't hate the military per se.  They love every other military that does not remind them of the superiority and greatness of the United States of America.  It is ironic, actually.  All the other country's military, standing in contrast, should remind them of the greatness of the USA.  So, they should hate all military.  But they don't.  They can't wait for Iran to kick our ass.  Iran's is a military they can get behind.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 10:42:33 AM »
Ugh. They are such vile creatures.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 10:58:31 AM »
Quote from: Crazy Horse
This is Vietnam......I want this to be vietnam, I miss the good ole days of America bashing

Hey, Dummies -- remember you can't protest without your standard issue hairdo:

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 11:10:56 AM »
2. Where have you been?
 We have had hundreds of thousands of people in the streets of DC over the past five years. The media ignores this as much as possible. People are speaking and acting out every day to stop this war. Come join us on the streets every Tuesday and Saturday in Granville. We have a small but energetic crowd. Peace, Kim

peace13 comes to grips with the irrelevancy of the peace movement.
I feel so hurt... :sarcasm:
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2008, 12:11:50 PM »
2. Where have you been?

Dear Kim,

I was a FReeper out with the Gathering Of Eagles folks the last time you hippie terrorist lovers decided to "protest"...there were not "hundreds of thousands" of you.  There were barely "thousands".  My kids had a good time laughing at you people.  HTey got quite an education as well.

The media ignores you guys not because they are in Rupert Murdoch's back pocket...they ignore you because your "movement" is the biggest bunch freaks gathered in one place outside of the circus. 

Please invite that lying POS TomInTib to come to D.C.  I know a few REAL Vietnam Vets that would like to have some one on one time with this disgraceful bag of douche.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2008, 12:14:35 PM »
2. Where have you been?

Dear Kim,

I was a FReeper out with the Gathering Of Eagles folks the last time you hippie terrorist lovers decided to "protest"...there were not "hundreds of thousands" of you.  There were barely "thousands".  My kids had a good time laughing at you people.  HTey got quite an education as well.

The media ignores you guys not because they are in Rupert Murdoch's back pocket...they ignore you because your "movement" is the biggest bunch freaks gathered in one place outside of the circus. 

Please invite that lying POS TomInTib to come to D.C.  I know a few REAL Vietnam Vets that would like to have some one on one time with this disgraceful bag of douche.
I would pay real money to see that, Sarge.  Let us know (hah!) it TiT takes you up on it.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.