Author Topic: dodgers host the rockies  (Read 2488 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
dodgers host the rockies
« on: April 25, 2008, 11:16:01 PM »
i just saw the best play of my life, when furcal nailed the runner at first.

WOW.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: dodgers host the rockies
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 07:56:11 AM »
i just saw the best play of my life, when furcal nailed the runner at first.

WOW.

Gonna hafta catch the video . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 11:51:45 AM »

it went about 41 innings, and lasted three days, but the dodgers won it 8-7. :-)

nomar and andruw both left the game with injuries. :thatsright:  I am expecting my phone
to ring any minute with torre asking me to work an inning or two in relief  :-)

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 03:16:31 PM »
On the other coast, the Mets got four runs off of Tim Hudson in the third, which was the last inning he pitched.  The Braves were only able to muster three runs against the Mets pitchers, and Billy Wagner slammed the door in the ninth for his fifth save of the year.  In nine innings pitched so far this year, Wags has given up zero hits.  Unfortunately, it doesn't count as a no-hitter pitched. :censored: :p
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 05:17:25 PM »
On the other coast, the Mets got four runs off of Tim Hudson in the third, which was the last inning he pitched.  The Braves were only able to muster three runs against the Mets pitchers, and Billy Wagner slammed the door in the ninth for his fifth save of the year.  In nine innings pitched so far this year, Wags has given up zero hits.  Unfortunately, it doesn't count as a no-hitter pitched. :censored: :p

no doubt, getting wagner was a huge piece of the puzzle for the mets a couple of years ago.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008, 09:03:39 PM »
I like the pitching matchup tonight:

COL: Redman (2-1, 5.23 ERA)
LAD: Penny (3-2, 2.67 ERA)

but ethier sits, and pierre is in left, hitting second.

not good.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2008, 09:50:03 PM »

matt kemp hits a grand slam to highlight a 10 run first  inning, and the dodgers lead 10-2.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2008, 10:32:25 PM »

WOW!

the game stopped because the home plate umpire took a pitch on the chin, and it laid him out.
they called the ambulance in to take him to the hospital.  he was talking, but not moving much.

prayers out for Kerwin Danley.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2008, 11:57:48 PM »
it was an 11-3 blowout.

but more on the injured umpire:

Home-plate ump hurt at Dodger Stadium
04/26/2008 11:35 PM ET
By Thomas Harding / MLB.com

LOS ANGELES -- Home-plate umpire Kerwin Danley took a 96 mph fastball from Dodgers right-handed pitcher Brad Penny to the mask during the top of the fourth inning of the Dodgers-Rockies game on Saturday night, injuring him and forcing a delay.

The pitch, the first of the inning with Garrett Atkins batting, ticked off the glove of Dodgers catcher Russell Martin. Danley went straight to the dirt behind home plate.

Shortly thereafter, players were ordered from the field and an ambulance was driven to the plate area, where Danley was placed on a stretcher after being attended to by Dodgers trainers Stan Conte and Todd Tomczyk.

Danley was the crew chief working with Angel Campos at first base, Brian Runge at second and Greg Gibson at third. Campos took over behind the plate.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2008, 11:59:59 PM »
I hear on other dodger boards that danly is okay;  he was only knocked out.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2008, 04:51:20 AM »
I hear on other dodger boards that danly is okay;  he was only knocked out.

He's extraordinarily lucky.  From the video on MLB.com that I saw, Martin's glove may have disturbed the airflow in the area, blowing the ball up into the ump's neck; but it didn't look as if Martin grazed it with his glove. 

Chase her.