Author Topic: It's the AL ongoing thread! will it be the angels and the bosox in the ALCS?  (Read 17581 times)

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
What, you don't want to hear how bad Lester sucks?  How come?  Take heart--at least he won't be pitching against the Angels this weekend.

5 runs in 5 innings?  Eyewwwwww.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline formerlurker

What, you don't want to hear how bad Lester sucks?  How come?  Take heart--at least he won't be pitching against the Angels this weekend.

Lester doesn't suck, he had a bad game.   Know the difference.   

Horrible news about Adenhart.

Offline Oriole Fan

• Player Hater
  • Probationary (Probie)
Nice start.

2 out of 3 from the Yankees. Won the 1st two against the Rays with the last one today.

Guthrie's 2-0 and the everyone's swinging the bats well. Adam (Don't call him Pacman) Jones looks like a long term solution in center.

It's early, but life is good.

I couldn't believe my eyes. Kris Benson's pitching again with the Rangers. They must be hard up.

Offline Oriole Fan

• Player Hater
  • Probationary (Probie)
2009 MLB Payrolls

Click Here

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12

At least he isn't like Chien-Ming Wang--17 runs in the past 2.1 IP . . .

When any team rings up 14 earned runs in one inning against your team, there's problems.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Oriole Fan

• Player Hater
  • Probationary (Probie)

When any team rings up 14 earned runs in one inning against your team, there's problems.

The O's are going to have slow pitch softball scores all year.

Texas hung 19 on 'em and last night they couldn't hold a 7 run lead.

The days of Palmer, McGregor, Flanagan, and Martinez passing around the Cy Young are long gone.

Oh yeah, and as I feared Eaton's getting some starts.

Offline BlueStateSaint

The O's are going to have slow pitch softball scores all year.

Texas hung 19 on 'em and last night they couldn't hold a 7 run lead.

The days of Palmer, McGregor, Flanagan, and Martinez passing around the Cy Young are long gone.

Oh yeah, and as I feared Eaton's getting some starts.

The Skankees have give up 20 earned runs in 5 innings now.  The Indians set an MLB record for most runs ever scored against the Yankees in one inning, in that 14-run second inning.

Offensively, they're twice as good as my Mets were today . . . but infinitely worse defensively.  (The Mets beat the Brewers 1-0, behind seven strong innings pitched by Johan Santana, who is on my fantasy team.)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 05:17:16 PM by BlueStateSaint »
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!

Hell, the way the Angels have played the last couple of weeks, I'd take the Yankees on right now.  I need some good news.

In another story, the POS drunk that murdered Adenhart and the other two folks was described as having "no remorse" by the cops.  I hope to Christ he ****ing burns.  Kill three people while your DL is under suspension for a previous DUI and blow it off like it's no big thing?  There's someone who needs removed from the gene pool, and quickly.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
So it appears I'm the only Mariners fan... Top of the AL West. Can they hold on or will they choke again this year.  :censored:
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline BlueStateSaint

So it appears I'm the only Mariners fan... Top of the AL West. Can they hold on or will they choke again this year.  :censored:

When they do, I'm starting to think that Erik Bedard would be better off in Debits Field (CitiField for those who don't know).  Sure, he tires easily, but I've got five reasons why the Mets could use him.  Since this is the AL thread, I'm not going to post them here.

Chase her.

Offline formerlurker

WOOHOO -- rattling the cage early.  Yeah baby!

Offline BlueStateSaint

My brother is a Skankees fan, and he has harassed me by email the last two mornings at work.  It would be really nice if I got to return the favor, say, 95 times this year.

Chase her.

Offline formerlurker

My brother is a Skankees fan, and he has harassed me by email the last two mornings at work.  It would be really nice if I got to return the favor, say, 95 times this year.

:-)

H5

Offline BlueStateSaint

:-)

H5

As I tyoe this, the Sox are up on the Skanks, 1-0.  And Carlos Beltran got the first run of the Mets/Nats game, so Johan Santana has his run to keep the Nats down with.  (He also has seven strikeouts through the first three innings.)

Chase her.

Offline formerlurker

Yankees lose at Fenway in extra innings, Youk with a walk off, Celtics, Bruins, draft day, weather in the 80s today...... it's all good in Boston my friends. 

:afro:

Offline BlueStateSaint

Posted for frank:

Completely dominant: Greinke dazzles
Starter goes distance in second straight game as streak ends

By Dick Kaegel / MLB.com

04/25/09 12:44 AM ET

Box >
KANSAS CITY -- It was almost a perfect Friday night at Kauffman Stadium. Zack Greinke pitched a three-hit, 6-1 victory over the Tigers. A sellout crowd of 36,363 on a pleasant 79-degree evening urged him on. And by the time the Royals got home, they stood alone in first place.

The only flaw came when the Tigers scored in the fifth inning, ending Greinke's string of scoreless innings at 38. Well, that and the postgame fireworks being canceled because of high winds. But there was enough popping during the game to keep the fans vastly entertained.

Greinke was magnificent as he pitched his second straight complete game and boosted his record to 4-0. He struck out 10, boosting his total to 36 in 29 innings. And the Tigers' run scored on an error, so his ERA is still 0.00.

"It's just a magnificent job again -- that's all you can say," manager Trey Hillman said. "Just outstanding."

Greinke received all the runs he needed early. Mark Teahen belted a two-run homer off Tigers rookie Rick Porcello in the first inning, a drive into the left-field bullpen.

The bolded should give us all a moment of pause.  I think none of us, except the Coach, would have seen this. :o :o :o

Link:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090424&content_id=4406874&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Chase her.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
Thank you Greinke for the 73 points in my fantasy team last night.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline BlueStateSaint

Thank you Greinke for the 73 points in my fantasy team last night.

Ya know what's great about Greinke?  He's not a Yankee.  (Hopefully, he's open to being a Met. :-) )

Chase her.

Offline Oriole Fan

• Player Hater
  • Probationary (Probie)
Life in the Mid-South isn't great today.

Fox has given me the Cards/Cubs for my game of the week.

I'd much rather see the Yanks/Sox. :banghead:

Offline formerlurker

Life in the Mid-South isn't great today.

Fox has given me the Cards/Cubs for my game of the week.

I'd much rather see the Yanks/Sox. :banghead:

You can watch it on MLB.com

Tek hit a grand slam.   Tell me God isn't smiling on Boston?

Offline formerlurker

That's two baby!!

:cheersmate:

Offline BlueStateSaint

38--the number of runs the Yankees have given up in the last two games they've played on Fox.

Chase her.

Offline formerlurker

Yeah baby!!!!!

Offline BlueStateSaint

I'll comment on the last one--the Newsday shot--in the NL thread.  Let's just say . . . naah.  You'll hafta go there.

Chase her.

Offline formerlurker

I'll comment on the last one--the Newsday shot--in the NL thread.  Let's just say . . . naah.  You'll hafta go there.

Wrong picture -- that was a Yankees pic, but it seems they keep the URL the same.