The Bar > The Lounge

And now, for your relaxation and enjoyment...

<< < (2/2)

Eupher:

--- Quote from: Kc25 on May 19, 2021, 03:20:29 PM ---I have to admit, I was intrigued by that video... I am also fascinated by the Amish in general.

--- End quote ---

When Mrs. E and I lived in north-central Missouri, not too far from an Amish community, we went to visit. One of the things we inquired about was the cost of building a couple of bookshelves - about 5' x 8' or so. Nothing fancy. When the guy quoted $1200 EACH, we walked out without another word.

It's nice they have a lifestyle that supports their POV, but that doesn't include ripping off potential customers.

**** 'em.

Zathras:

--- Quote from: Eupher on May 20, 2021, 09:45:12 AM ---When Mrs. E and I lived in north-central Missouri, not too far from an Amish community, we went to visit. One of the things we inquired about was the cost of building a couple of bookshelves - about 5' x 8' or so. Nothing fancy. When the guy quoted $1200 EACH, we walked out without another word.

It's nice they have a lifestyle that supports their POV, but that doesn't include ripping off potential customers.

**** 'em.
--- End quote ---

That's what happens when you pay for a brand name.

Kc25:

--- Quote from: Eupher on May 20, 2021, 09:45:12 AM ---When Mrs. E and I lived in north-central Missouri, not too far from an Amish community, we went to visit. One of the things we inquired about was the cost of building a couple of bookshelves - about 5' x 8' or so. Nothing fancy. When the guy quoted $1200 EACH, we walked out without another word.

**** 'em.

--- End quote ---

Wow... that's... I don't even know how to describe that

Eupher:

--- Quote from: Kc25 on May 20, 2021, 03:22:42 PM ---Wow... that's... I don't even know how to describe that

--- End quote ---

He did try to call us back to "negotiate", but I was so put off I just flipped him off and walked.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version