Author Topic: Owned Vehicles  (Read 63676 times)

Offline rustybayonet

Re: Owned Vehicles
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2013, 03:26:43 PM »
Wish I still had;

57 Chevy
the Goat
Olds 98
Hurst Olds - fastest car I ever had - after blue printing engine - 11 1/2 to 1 compression, rated at 525 hp

fastest Bike - 750 Honda after customizing and beefing cc's

fastest boat - both were quick - 1st would crank at 68 mph on water -- 2nd kicked it at 76 when hit with short bursts on nitrus

Also forgot one - my first Jimmy - the GMC truck was stolen and totalled - replaced it with a Jimmy
yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery - today is a gift- that's why it's called the "present"

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2013, 07:15:10 PM »
Wish I still had;

57 Chevy
the Goat
Olds 98
Hurst Olds - fastest car I ever had - after blue printing engine - 11 1/2 to 1 compression, rated at 525 hp

fastest boat - both were quick - 1st would crank at 68 mph on water -- 2nd kicked it at 76 when hit with short bursts on nitrus

Also forgot one - my first Jimmy - the GMC truck was stolen and totalled - replaced it with a Jimmy
New tread idea.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2013, 10:24:35 AM »

I wouldn't want to go over 100 mph on one of those.   :panic:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Hathcock

« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2013, 02:56:27 PM »
Wish I still had;

57 Chevy
the Goat
Olds 98

ok if we're going with fastest car... 99 Camaro SS ported stock heads, 224/230 .560" cam. TCI 3500 converter with TCI built 4L60E 3.73 gears 11.71 @124 1.70 60'
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you with tears in my eyes: if you **** with me, I'll kill you all! - USMC General James Mattis.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2013, 05:04:37 PM »
ok if we're going with fastest car... 99 Camaro SS ported stock heads, 224/230 .560" cam. TCI 3500 converter with TCI built 4L60E 3.73 gears 11.71 @124 1.70 60'

Pinks fan ?
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline rustybayonet

« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2013, 05:28:37 PM »

I wouldn't want to go over 100 mph on one of those.   :panic:

Don't really know how fast I finally went.  Jaguar kept trying to play with me at lights on Telegraph Rd.
[ Remember the 2X4 Eupher -- US24], anyway after about 4 lights I had it, blew off the light and last I saw speed I was in 4th gear still climbing doing 108mph, don't know what happened to him, cause he disappeared.
yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery - today is a gift- that's why it's called the "present"

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2013, 07:54:57 PM »
Don't really know how fast I finally went.  Jaguar kept trying to play with me at lights on Telegraph Rd.
[ Remember the 2X4 Eupher -- US24], anyway after about 4 lights I had it, blew off the light and last I saw speed I was in 4th gear still climbing doing 108mph, don't know what happened to him, cause he disappeared.

Jaguar drivers are easy to frustrate.  I had one totally devastated when I left him at the lights in a 320SL Roadster.  He had a turbo 8 and couldn't believe he was slammed by a six cylinder. (which, if the truth be known, was a quick 0-60 @ 8 with an advertised top end of 148, although I don't think I ever went much over 110 and it was steady as a rock)  They don't have much humor if you are over 100 any more, as in do not pass go, go directly to jail. :siren:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Hathcock

« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2013, 09:19:02 AM »
Pinks fan ?

I hated pinks, the host was a douche that knew nothing about cars.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you with tears in my eyes: if you **** with me, I'll kill you all! - USMC General James Mattis.

Offline Hathcock

« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2013, 09:22:47 AM »
Best pinks moment ever!
[youtube=425,350]bc55jV255mU[/youtube]

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2013, 12:35:11 PM »

Telegraph Rd. aka US24 was definitely the location of most races. I knew of a guy on a Kawasaki Z1 900 who got stupid and attempted to evade the cops after a race.

He chose unwisely.  :whatever:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2013, 12:38:35 PM »
My top speed on a land vehicle is 130. Top speed of that motorcycle was claimed to be 132, but I could never get the extra 2mph out of it.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Hathcock

« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2013, 01:21:12 PM »
My top speed on a land vehicle is 130. Top speed of that motorcycle was claimed to be 132, but I could never get the extra 2mph out of it.

I've been 150 on a CBR1000f, and 170+ in the 99 Camaro SS from above

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2013, 01:54:33 PM »
I've been 150 on a CBR1000f, and 170+ in the 99 Camaro SS from above

On a track, I would hope.

Offline Hathcock

« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2013, 02:27:15 PM »
abandoned airport runway in the Camaro http://ecta-lsr.com/
bike was in Kansas on an empty road... yes I was young and dumb

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2013, 04:01:40 PM »
The fastest I've been on a bike was only 105 over a very short distance -- less than a mile. No windshield, so wind was very much a factor -- not to mention my puckered asshole. I do NOT riding at that kind of speed, especially on a public road.

On my Honda 919, however, I was only at 5 grand in 6th gear, with another 4 grand till redline. The guys who have ridden a lot faster than I have on a similar bike tell me the upper limit is 145, actual. (Indicated reads a bit more.) I believe them, but they're gonna have to do that without me.

Offline biersmythe

• Molon Labe
« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2013, 08:14:03 PM »
Well the fastest I have ever been was 145 in the 68 Firebird I own when I was about 20 on the I635 The only thing that was going through my head was well you are in high gear at about 4k rpm and you have all drum brakes....better stop before you hit 6k rpm god ( it was like 2:78 original ) rear gears are hell on the freeway It has 3:55 now...much safer but more smokey. Not a fan of going fast on 2 wheels but will ride scooters on an occasion.
Teach a man to build a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life!!!!

Knowledge is half the battle.
The other half is violence!

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

The box said: "Requires Windows XP or better." So i installed Linux.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2013, 08:18:26 PM »
Fastest I did was about low 120s on the Honda Shadow over several miles.  Not particularly fast, but I was in the mountains.

I passed a State Trooper sitting in the opposite lane with his lights on.  Good thing there was a Jersey barrier separating us or I think I would have gone to jail if he had caught me.

edit: the really sad thing is that all the speeding I did, I lost that bike crossing an intersection at 40mph when some dickbag ran the red light to my left.  It tore the fork off the bike and I went tumbling over his little car onto the pavement on the other side.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 08:22:52 PM by Chris_ »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2013, 08:25:15 PM »
Fastest I did was about low 120s on the Honda Shadow over several miles.  Not particularly fast, but I was in the mountains.

I passed a State Trooper sitting in the opposite lane with his lights on.  Good thing there was a Jersey barrier separating us or I think I would have gone to jail if he had caught me.

edit: the really sad thing is that all the speeding I did, I lost that bike crossing an intersection at 40mph when some dickbag ran the red light to my left.  It tore the fork off the bike and I went tumbling over his little car onto the pavement on the other side.

I routinely get the Harley up to 85 if I am not paying attention and the music is good. Was doing 75 today coming back from Lusk, Wyoming.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline rustybayonet

« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2013, 09:01:31 PM »
As a young 'kid/adult' speed never bothered me especially when I was into fast cars,etc.  That all ended when my cousin was killed on his bike, 1 1/2 years after 2 tours as a ass in the grass grunt in Vietnam, without a scratch.  With a wife, kid and business I woke up [ well tried to].  Couple of times since have put the foot in the carb. and blow the wind out - always alone and on empty roads, but doesn't happen very often, sure do have 'old fart' syndrome now.

'Brother' of my fastest car and one I'd still like to have, but still liked all the others mentioned;

Telegraph Rd. aka US24 was definitely the location of most races. I knew of a guy on a Kawasaki Z1 900 who got stupid and attempted to evade the cops after a race.

He chose unwisely.  :whatever:
Eupher, don't forget about Woodward AVe., at one time considered the largest unlawful drag strip in the country.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 09:07:46 PM by rustybayonet »

Offline biersmythe

• Molon Labe
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2013, 09:13:33 PM »
HEHE never said I wouldn't do it again....I am a speed freak but will have to wait till the right time and vehicle to do so. Hopefully in my lifetime I will be able to make it to the salt flats...that is where the big boys drive. You are nothing unless you are in the 200 MPH club....not there yet.
Teach a man to build a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life!!!!

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2013, 09:25:08 PM »

So, what's your top speed in a non-land vehicle?
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2013, 09:27:19 PM »
So, what's your top speed in a non-land vehicle?
660 knots groundspeed. 11 miles a minute, but with a hefty tailwind. In mph about 760.

Offline biersmythe

• Molon Labe
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2013, 09:32:15 PM »
660 knots groundspeed. 11 miles a minute, but with a hefty tailwind. In mph about 760.

ToT just signed off but she said  :rocker2: and you are cool I agree.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2013, 09:35:53 PM »
What's a knot? :???:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline biersmythe

• Molon Labe
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2013, 09:40:36 PM »
What's a knot? :???:

It is a eff up you get in a rope if you don't coil it properly.