Author Topic: Sparky checking in  (Read 20821 times)

Offline Lauri

Re: Sparky checking in
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2008, 06:37:33 PM »
Sparky, sounds like you have a story to tell us.

Welcome.  :cheersmate:

Oh, where to begin?  Got caught up in the "Great RN Purge of '06", floated around for a while, tried my hand at my own website, but since I didn't own the domain name or the server space, when the gentleman who parked it went belly-up, so did my site.  Posted briefly on CU, a little here and there on FR, and a local Seacoast (NH) board filled with Ronulans who will probably never "get it".

And oh yeah--moved from Cali to NH in 2006.  Whee.  Actually not bad, although MUCH more snow this year so far than last year.  Remember it being 75 on New Year's Day 2007, kids?

You know that site hasn't been the same since we got the axe (still to this day have no idea why).

you were 06? i think my group of friends got the axe in 04...    :bs:

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2008, 06:41:01 PM »
See, that's what busts my balls the most.  There were some really AWESOME posters there at one point--guys like BillW, MikeAustin, kirch66, MrNiceGuy, and others too numerous to mention.  Hell, I would like to think I made some pretty good friends there.

But I think the "jumped the shark" moment wasn't when Lisa bought the site--nah, she was pretty much on the sidelines UNTIL:

Katrina.

When certain nameless libertarian posters started whining and bitching about how little help was getting there (slightly hypocritical, wouldn't you say) blah, blah, blah, that's when the battle lines were drawn.  Couple that with the new "membership" rules (recurring memberships) and you see that it wasn't about political discussion or discourse, it was a way to make money for Lisa, plain and simple.  Well, that and get rid of the "old guard" in order to have a broader appeal, whatever the hell that meant.

So it was inevitable that I would leave or get tossed, one or the other.  I didn't want anyone to get thrown under the bus with me, but that's just the way it happened.

As for NCP, will it come back?  I doubt it.  I don't own the domain name, didn't own the server space (and wasn't paying jack shit for it anyway), and didn't have much traffic there to begin with after the first couple of months.

I'm here, I'm happy, and most importantly, I'm here to kick some liberal/libertarian ass.

Oh yeah--that and to have a few brews, chase some skirt, and teach ya'll I AM the best poker player in this here board.

Tali did state that Red and Scoobie were very "disruptive" to the board.  Now hell, I can see them saying that about us (cause we aren't exactly wall flowers when it comes to debating), but Red?  Scoobie?   

:rotf:

Talk about stretch.

Red and I were "disruptive"????  WTF???

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

She'd have to be falling down drunk and smoking some major crack to come up with that one. Disruptive my ass. 

But hey, I guess if you wanna call Red being deployed the whole month before his banishment (hence no posting), and me trying to stick up for friends she was flagrantly attacking/banning disruptive, sure, I guess I'm guilty as charged.  :bird:

Hey -- you and Red and here!   Hooray!

Yeah, BARman posted the news about your new bundle of joy and Tali made it go poof, then explained to BARman when he inquired that you and Red were disruptive to the board, so no soup for you!!!

... and no mention of your name, as in doing so will invoke the portal to hell.........

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2008, 05:50:54 AM »
Wow, bitter, party of one!
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline THA HOUSTON PIMP IS IN DA HOUZ!

• I pimp; you GET pimped.
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2008, 03:42:02 PM »
See, that's what busts my balls the most.  There were some really AWESOME posters there at one point--guys like BillW, MikeAustin, kirch66, MrNiceGuy, and others too numerous to mention.  Hell, I would like to think I made some pretty good friends there.

But I think the "jumped the shark" moment wasn't when Lisa bought the site--nah, she was pretty much on the sidelines UNTIL:

Katrina.

When certain nameless libertarian posters started whining and bitching about how little help was getting there (slightly hypocritical, wouldn't you say) blah, blah, blah, that's when the battle lines were drawn.  Couple that with the new "membership" rules (recurring memberships) and you see that it wasn't about political discussion or discourse, it was a way to make money for Lisa, plain and simple.  Well, that and get rid of the "old guard" in order to have a broader appeal, whatever the hell that meant.

So it was inevitable that I would leave or get tossed, one or the other.  I didn't want anyone to get thrown under the bus with me, but that's just the way it happened.

As for NCP, will it come back?  I doubt it.  I don't own the domain name, didn't own the server space (and wasn't paying jack shit for it anyway), and didn't have much traffic there to begin with after the first couple of months.

I'm here, I'm happy, and most importantly, I'm here to kick some liberal/libertarian ass.

Oh yeah--that and to have a few brews, chase some skirt, and teach ya'll I AM the best poker player in this here board.

The crotchrot also thought she was an authority on Hurricane Rita and the abilities of Houstonians to handle that type of emergency.   I had to politely tell her that she doesn't have a clue about the Texas Gulf Coast evacuation procedures and about how Houstonians handle hurricanes.    She got all pissy and her mod sycophants circled the wagons.    I finally just blew it off and told her it wasn't worth my time to argue with her.   I'm surprised she didn't ban me right then.
 :mental:

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2008, 12:04:44 PM »
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2008, 12:47:10 PM »
Hey, it's their little corner of the Web, their mini fifedom.  Whatever gets her knickers soggy, I guess.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2008, 01:39:07 PM »
Hey, it's their little corner of the Web, their mini fifedom.  Whatever gets her knickers soggy, I guess.

doncha luv it when Trekqueen says "me and my mods"?    Just like a little high school clique.   Sheeze.

Oh and Lisa prolly won't get her knickers soggy cuz she likely doesn't wear any.    Ewww.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2008, 01:56:13 PM »
ROFL...no kiddin...I love it when a 22-year old tries to lecture me on how to live my life.

Uh, hon?  Get one first, then you can lecture...no wait, no you can't.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2008, 07:49:14 PM »

doncha luv it when Trekqueen says "me and my mods"?    Just like a little high school clique.   Sheeze.

Oh and Lisa prolly won't get her knickers soggy cuz she likely doesn't wear any.    Ewww.

Lisa and Trekqueen remind me of the Drew Crew. They scour the net to look for members talking bad about them.

http://stcharlesjournal.stltoday.com/articles/2007/11/24/news/sj2tn20071110-1111stc_pokin_1.ii1.txt

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,314620,00.html
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2008, 09:02:28 PM »

doncha luv it when Trekqueen says "me and my mods"?    Just like a little high school clique.   Sheeze.

Lisa and Trekqueen remind me of the Drew Crew. They scour the net to look for members talking bad about them.

http://stcharlesjournal.stltoday.com/articles/2007/11/24/news/sj2tn20071110-1111stc_pokin_1.ii1.txt

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,314620,00.html

ebola, what was your moniker at RN?

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2008, 11:52:15 PM »
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2008, 12:55:04 AM »

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2008, 08:11:00 PM »
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2008, 09:07:34 PM »
Welcome! I was also a member over at RN over a year ago, got bored to death. :-) I don't think I remember you but then again I wasn't there long.

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2008, 09:47:19 PM »

Hey my brutha, how are ya?

Cool.

Howdy my friend.

Hey Ptmargy, how are ya my fellow Houstonian?

Man, I'm starting to like this site more and more

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2008, 09:57:40 PM »

Typical January weather. I hate it. I wish it cleared out. Do you remember Hurricane Gilbert fom 1988?
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2008, 10:01:19 PM »

Typical January weather. I hate it. I wish it cleared out. Do you remember Hurricane Gilbert fom 1988?

Of course, I've lived in Houston since birth. (lived in San Antonio for a couple of years too)

Hurricane Alicia was worse; I remember it too well.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2008, 10:43:04 PM »

doncha luv it when Trekqueen says "me and my mods"?    Just like a little high school clique.   Sheeze.

that's amazing she's still trying to wring money out of that site... does that dillweed Mark ever show up over there? the "guerilla marketer" extraordinaire that he was.. ?   what a couple of putz's...

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2008, 11:46:39 PM »

Of course, I've lived in Houston since birth. (lived in San Antonio for a couple of years too)

Hurricane Alicia was worse; I remember it too well.

Hurricane Gilbert caused a huge scare prior to Rita. I was too young to remember Alicia, but it was a bad hurricane for sure. Gilbert was a monster hurricane, strongest on record prior to Wilma.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2008, 01:51:47 AM »

Katrina.

Tali did state that Red and Scoobie were very "disruptive" to the board.  Now hell, I can see them saying that about us (cause we aren't exactly wall flowers when it comes to debating), but Red?  Scoobie?   

:rotf:

Talk about stretch.

Red and I were "disruptive"????  WTF???

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

She'd have to be falling down drunk and smoking some major crack to come up with that one. Disruptive my ass. 

But hey, I guess if you wanna call Red being deployed the whole month before his banishment (hence no posting), and me trying to stick up for friends she was flagrantly attacking/banning disruptive, sure, I guess I'm guilty as charged.  :bird:

Gee doesn't that sound familiar as far as RN goes or Lisa for that matter. I could care less what she thinks she can do to me. I beat her to it after all these years and deleted my profile before her stupid ass could  do jack about it..
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2008, 06:02:56 AM »
Welcome! I was also a member over at RN over a year ago, got bored to death. :-) I don't think I remember you but then again I wasn't there long.

I was one of the earliest people (member #250) when it was still Hollywood Halfwits.  Two years and 12,000 posts later, I got bounced for having the audacity to question a mod.  Go figure.  I don't have a problem so much with my getting banned, but when I formed NeoConPlanet (now gone) the people who came to NCP got banned or spied on (and yes RN Lisa, I knew who they were), I knew she had crossed the line.

Meh.  Whateva.

My guess is the "istas" that cause the great 2006 flame war are still for the most part there, but whatever.  Another site lost to the Paulbots.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2008, 06:04:19 AM »

that's amazing she's still trying to wring money out of that site... does that dillweed Mark ever show up over there? the "guerilla marketer" extraordinaire that he was.. ?   what a couple of putz's...

Mark as in the original owner of HH before it became RN?  I dunno, but I did meet him once when a group of us went to the Reagan Library.  He seemed like a nice enough guy.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2008, 11:16:11 AM »
were you OccaSparky at RN??

i was loriann for a while at Hollywood Halfwits, then when it turned into RN, I think I got her to shorten my name.. to just Lori .. or Lauri.. I cant remember.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2008, 11:17:55 AM »

Mark as in the original owner of HH before it became RN?  I dunno, but I did meet him once when a group of us went to the Reagan Library.  He seemed like a nice enough guy.

oh im sure he was nice to people in person... it was behind the scenes where he really got his jollies off...

ah well... water under the bridge.. that place was a real wake up call to me. Alf and I got banned in a big purge around 04 or so... the only place ive ever been banned anywhere in all my time on the net..

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2008, 12:00:26 PM »
Same here.  I've had mods on other boards ask me to go nicer on people, but never given an outright banning.