Author Topic: nadinologists and nadinarians?  (Read 4166 times)

Offline FlippyDoo

• Oh NO!!!!! It's a rebel windmill!!!!
nadinologists and nadinarians?
« on: April 14, 2012, 06:07:38 PM »
It's somewhat ironic that when I first load the DUmpster I see a few nadin related threads. You see, I went to a very interesting meeting today. The official fictional spirit-guide institute of higher learning, Spirit-Guide University, is beginning two new nadin related programs of study next semester.

Here's the write up:

-----

Are you interested in the interested? If so, why not study the most interesting person in history? On your way to becoming a trained nadinologist you will learn the nadinese language and it's many nadinisms. You will become proficient in using the Google to nadin information and how to use said information to present yourself as an all-knowing sage. You will also learn:
-the art of Rubicon crossing
-the long-forgotten art of script reading and trend watching
-Radiology
-the wonders of ignore lists
and many other interesting items that are simply too numerous to list.

If you feel the nadinology course is great but just not detailed enough then our next program of study may be of interest. We have taken the nadinology program, mixed it with world history, and developed a program of study through which you can become a trained nadinarian. Yes, you can now learn history as it really happened. In addition to everything mentioned in the nadinology program you will learn:
-how nadin taught Adam and Eve to make clothing from fig leaves
-how nadin developed the wheel
-how nadin came up with the design of the Egyptian pyramids and the methods that she used to construct them
-how nadin taught astronomy to the Mayan people
-how nadin built the first powered airplane and selflessly allowed the Wright brothers to take the credit
-how nadin was the first to break the sound barrier
-how nadin worked behind the scenes to allow Armstrong and Aldrin safely land on the moon and return home
and many other great historical 'facts' that have never before been known.

-----

I knew that winning the DOTY award would bring her fame.
Fictional spirit-guiding by appointment.
conservativecave.com & conservativeunderground.com

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.

Offline dixierose

Re: nadinologists and nadinarians?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 06:08:49 PM »
:rofl:

H5
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline SarasotaRepub

• eeeeeeevil ReThug
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 06:14:42 PM »
Well done FlippyDoo!!!!  :lmao:
Vader Rules!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 06:16:56 PM »
H5!  Very nearly spat ice cream (Crumbs Along The Mohawk) on the monitor at the first listing under the "trained nadinarian' course listing.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 06:31:20 PM »
Are these grad level course?  Undergrad GPA requirements???  What is the cost per credit?   Online degree???  Financial aid???

Credentials of professor teaching the class??   Come on man, I NEED TO KNOW!!! 

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 08:50:28 PM »
nadinologists and nadinarians?

Whoa, for a second Flippy, I thought you were attempting to create a religion with that title.   :panic:

One shudders to think what the sacraments and rituals would be at the church of Nadintology.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 09:49:05 PM »
Whoa, for a second Flippy, I thought you were attempting to create a religion with that title.   :panic:

One shudders to think what the sacraments and rituals would be at the church of Nadintology.

Oh, make no mistake.  Nadinism IS in fact a religion, much like being a DUmpmonkey.  And like being a DUmpmonkey, baptism into the religious order of nadinism requires immersion in the healing elixir of grape Kool-Aid...
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 10:21:49 PM »
I want a discipline that combines nadin and radiology. I want nadin to be able to see right through me.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline FlippyDoo

• Oh NO!!!!! It's a rebel windmill!!!!
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 06:19:12 AM »
Are these grad level course?  Undergrad GPA requirements???  What is the cost per credit?   Online degree???  Financial aid???

Credentials of professor teaching the class??   Come on man, I NEED TO KNOW!!! 

I contacted one of the professor that is the head of the programs and here is the transcript. By the way, I actually taped the conversation so I could transcribe it.

-------------
Flippy: I have some questions concerning the new programs of study. Are these grad level courses?

Prof: Yes. You can obtain a masters, a doctorate, and even a platoniumate.

Flippy: A masters, a doctorate, and a what?

Prof: A platoniumate. You know, the next degree after a doctorate.

Flippy: There is no such thing as a platoniumate.

Prof: Yes there is! Look it up!

Flippy: ...okay...whatever...What are the GPA requirements?

Prof: Well, naturally since these programs of study are nadin related we only want students who are the best of the best. For this reason we have instituted a very tough GPA requirement. Absolutely no student will be able to join these programs of study if their GPA is below 0.5 AND they must, without any exception, maintain at least a 0.5 GPA throughout the program of study.

Flippy: A 0.5?

Prof: Yes. I know it's a stiff requirement, but like I said, we only want the best.

Flippy: You do realize that as far as GPAs go that a 0.5 is...no...nevermind....let's just move on to the next question. Will an individual be able to obtain a degree online?

Prof: Of course. It would be somewhat ingorgus to have program of studies focusing on the greatness of the great one without allowing a degree to be obtained on line.

Flippy: I'm not positive, but I think you may mean 'incongruous' instead of 'ingorgus'.

Prof: I mean what I said! You can look it up!  It's probably due to the fact that you were educated in America that you don't know these things, but still, you're getting mighty close to joining the ignore list.

Flippy: I guess that kind of brings us to the next question. What are the credentials of the professors who are teaching the courses?

Prof: That can be summed up in one word: lofty. All of our professors have advanced degrees from either the Jedi Academy or Starfleet Academy. I personally have three advanced degrees from each.

Flippy: Well, that may be a bit of a problem since the Jedi Academy and Starfleet Academy are both fictional. One is from Star Wars. The other is from Star Trek.

Prof: That's it! Say hello to iggy!

-----------------

After that he wouldn't answer any more of my questions.

Fictional spirit-guiding by appointment.
conservativecave.com & conservativeunderground.com

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 06:23:49 AM »
Damn.

That is awesome.

I bow to your talent!

And happily so.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2012, 10:17:47 AM »
I hope that they take life (or afterlife) achievements into consideration - I've taken a Carnival Cruise across the Rubicon aboard their magnificent Arc, the Trenddotter, and I can solve a Rubik's Cube.

Suffice it to say, if I could get partial course credit toward completion, I certainly could be a trained Nadinologist in no time, yes ?

Offline Ogre

• What Cat?
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2012, 11:08:44 AM »
It's somewhat ironic that when I first load the DUmpster I see a few nadin related threads. You see, I went to a very interesting meeting today. The official fictional spirit-guide institute of higher learning, Spirit-Guide University, is beginning two new nadin related programs of study next semester.

Here's the write up:

-----

Are you interested in the interested? If so, why not study the most interesting person in history? On your way to becoming a trained nadinologist you will learn the nadinese language and it's many nadinisms. You will become proficient in using the Google to nadin information and how to use said information to present yourself as an all-knowing sage. You will also learn:
-the art of Rubicon crossing
-the long-forgotten art of script reading and trend watching
-Radiology
-the wonders of ignore lists
and many other interesting items that are simply too numerous to list.

If you feel the nadinology course is great but just not detailed enough then our next program of study may be of interest. We have taken the nadinology program, mixed it with world history, and developed a program of study through which you can become a trained nadinarian. Yes, you can now learn history as it really happened. In addition to everything mentioned in the nadinology program you will learn:
-how nadin came up with the design of the Egyptian pyramids and the methods that she used to construct them
-how nadin built the first powered airplane and selflessly allowed the Wright brothers to take the credit
-how nadin worked behind the scenes to allow Armstrong and Aldrin safely land on the moon and return home
and many other great historical 'facts' that have never before been known.

-----

I knew that winning the DOTY award would bring her fame.

Suffice it to say, awesome job. ^5
"Don't argue about difficulties. The difficulties will argue for themselves."  - Winston Churchill

"Get some lumber, build a bridge, and get the hell over it" - Unknown

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2012, 11:15:14 AM »

Unless you're a nadinologist, you wouldn't believe it, but nadin takes the above as a serious compliment.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Re: nadinologists and nadinarians?
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2012, 11:18:31 AM »
Oh my goodness, what a great Sunday morning laugh. Thanks Flippy!
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2012, 12:31:55 PM »
Flippy, it is a great honor to give you your 200th H5, on the board.  Your conversation is awesome.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2012, 01:02:23 PM »
Flippy, it is a great honor to give you your 200th H5, on the board.  Your conversation is awesome.

I also sent Flippy Healing White Light ®  , and the spirit energy of a hundred trees. Im hoping one day to see him featured on Ghost Provokers. Hopefully he has enough energy to possess Zak. That would be awesome.

Speaking of --

I wonder if Flippy has made Dawes cry yet ? Wow.. That could be a hit song..

Quote from: When Dawes Cries

Dig if you will the picture
Of you and I engaged in campaigns
The sweat of my body covers me
all covered in sweat stains
from my grey-bearded chin

Picture you will a graveyard
Casper and Flippy attend
I start to weep uncontrollably
Please send me money
For taco and beer expense...

How can you just leave me standing?
Alone in Olde Towne without votes ?
Maybe I'm just too demanding
Maybe I'm just like Obama - too bold
Maybe you're just like a Rethug
Their never satisfied
Why do I scream at salesmen ?
This is what it sounds like
When Dawes cries.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2012, 03:13:35 PM »
I also sent Flippy Healing White Light ®  , and the spirit energy of a hundred trees. Im hoping one day to see him featured on Ghost Provokers. Hopefully he has enough energy to possess Zak. That would be awesome.

Speaking of --

I wonder if Flippy has made Dawes cry yet ? Wow.. That could be a hit song..

:rofl: :lmao: :rotf: :rofl: :lmao: :rotf: :rofl: :rotf:

H5, but you need a second verse . . .  :tongue: :fuelfire:

Chase her.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2012, 04:31:18 AM »
Say if I take the course it just may answer all the questions I have on life in general.

What does a Scotman have under his Kilt ????

Can my dog read my mind ?

Why are we the only Country that has not gone to the decimal system----silly to use 3/8 and miles per hour.?

How heavy is 3 stones in England?

How much wood can a woodchuck chuck in 2 days????

Why cannot Chimpanzees swim????

How long do the battery's last in a dildo???

What happens if two Neutrinos collide in space ???

Such is the wonder of the world, so many questions and so little time to find the answers.  

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2012, 10:48:16 AM »
If a woodchuck could chuck wood. They can't.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.