Author Topic: The bouncy makes a quantum leap  (Read 1911 times)

Offline Delmar

The bouncy makes a quantum leap
« on: July 20, 2019, 04:49:59 PM »
Sat Jul 20, 2019, 02:07 PM
dalton99a (38,190 posts)

Black Georgia lawmaker is told to "go back where you came from" at supermarket

https://www.newsweek.com/istandwitherica-trends-twitter-after-black-georgia-lawmaker-erica-thomas-says-she-was-told-go-1450330

#IStandWithErica Trends on Twitter after Black Georgia Lawmaker Erica Thomas Says She was Told 'Go Back Where You Came From' at Supermarket
By Chris Morran On 7/20/19 at 11:57 AM EDT

Erica Thomas, a member of the Georgia state legislature, said that she was "verbally attacked" while grocery shopping with her young daughter on Friday by a man who called her a "lazy sonofabitch" and told her to "go back where you came from."

Thomas, an African American woman who has represented Georgia's 39th District, located just west of Atlanta, since being elected in 2014, first shared her story of the incident Friday afternoon in a Facebook live video, where she tearfully recalled the events.

"I decided to go live because I'm very upset because people are getting really out of control with this, with this white privilege stuff," said the state legislator. "I'm at the grocery and I'm in... the aisle that says '10 Items or Less.' Yes, I have 15 items, but I'm nine months pregnant and I can't stand up for long. And this white man comes up to me and says, 'You lazy sonofabitch... You need to go back where you came from.'"

Thomas said she tried to explain to the man she is not lazy, just pregnant, but said his response was to call her "ignorant." She wanted to say more to this person, but "I couldn't get anything out. I could just tell him, 'Please, leave me alone, please.' And my child And my child is just sitting right there, 'Mama, mama, why would he call you that? Why would he do that?' I can't even explain to her why he has so much hate in his heart."

She also says in the full video that the five additional items in her cart were actually things that her daughter had picked up that she wanted to buy for herself, but that it shouldn't have mattered even if she were over the limit.

"I'm in Publix, trying to buy groceries. Why are you so angry at me? You don't even know me and you call me a sonofabitch and I'm ignorant and a piece of shit? I don't understand," said Thomas.

Thomas said the man continued on insulting her until a Publix employee asked him to leave. "I was scared to leave there because I thought he was gonna follow me to my car, take out a gun, you never know."
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212297996

A democrat Georgia state representative gets told to go back where she came from--just like Washington big leaguers AOC and Illhan Omar.  Maybe they will make her an honorary member of The Squad. 

It doesn't start with "So..." or end with the white man stomping off sputtering and red faced, but it's definitely a bouncy--and not just any bouncy.  It didn't originate on democrat underground, it comes from the esteemed Newsweek magazine.

It has all the other hallmarks of a DU bouncy, the ripped from the headlines, the very same thing happened to me once aspects.

Response to malaise (Reply #2)Sat Jul 20, 2019, 05:04 PM
Star Member marble falls (23,609 posts)
24. Can't imagine this in 1919. But surely this isn't racism, right ...

<insert sarcasm icon here>
Primitive doesn't know what century this is.

Response to marble falls (Reply #24)Sat Jul 20, 2019, 05:06 PM
Star Member malaise (192,660 posts)
25. LOL

He's a monster
She must not know what LOL means, that's the only thing I can figure.

Here's how LOL is used in a sentence:  LOL, that Christine sure is stupid.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: The bouncy makes a quantum leap
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 05:52:13 PM »
This is called “jumping on the bandwagon “.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2019, 06:03:12 PM »
Which DUmp handle does Erica Thomas use, Catwoman or EffieBlack?
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2019, 06:55:02 PM »
I don't have a link, but the guy who supposedly did this has gone public saying that almost all her story is false. He's going to catch lots of hate, and even more so if he is proven to be the one telling the truth.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2019, 07:42:57 PM »
I don't have a link, but the guy who supposedly did this has gone public saying that almost all her story is false. He's going to catch lots of hate, and even more so if he is proven to be the one telling the truth.

Here's one link. 

Now that the white man who verbally abused Georgia State Rep. Erica Thomas in a grocery store Saturday has come forward and spoken to the press on camera to deny the charges, people are checking out his social media accounts to see just what sort of MAGA Trump supporter would tell a black woman to go back to where she came from.

As it turns out, the white guy is a Cuban immigrant and a Democrat who just defended “The Squad” against Trump’s “racist” tweets, told the president to “go back to Germany and his Nazi roots,” and recently posted about his own experiences with “hidden and outright vocal bigotry, ignorance and racism” because his grandmother didn’t speak English, only Spanish.
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/07/20/white-man-who-verbally-assaulted-georgia-state-rep-is-cuban-democrat-who-says-trump-needs-to-go-back-to-his-nazi-roots/
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2019, 07:59:44 PM »
Here's one link. 
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/07/20/white-man-who-verbally-assaulted-georgia-state-rep-is-cuban-democrat-who-says-trump-needs-to-go-back-to-his-nazi-roots/

Now, any hate this guy gets will make him realize that his victimhood is trumped (no pun intended) by others claims and he will be jettisoned as a enemy in short order when it becomes convenient.  IOW, he's looking at the red pill, thinking about taking it.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2019, 08:58:09 PM »
That's one small step for a DUmmy, but one giant leap for Bouncy-kind.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2019, 10:25:39 PM »
If the twitchy report Delmar posted is accurate, then it sounds like kook on kook crime. IOW no harm, no foul.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 10:30:34 PM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2019, 08:16:24 AM »
The black woman is already walking the story back.

This is my shocked face

:whatever:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2019, 08:56:47 AM »
Haven't nosed around much yet, but to me the false accusation and the guy's response to Trump's comment are separable.

False accusations such as this GA "lawmaker" are horrific. The female making it proved herself unworthy of her office, though it may make her more secure in it, depending on her district.

His response to Trump's comment was way off-base at best. The Dems and and MSM have lied about it, but failing to compare Trump's actual words to MSM/Dem claims is something he should have learned to do 3 or 4 years ago. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, that he is probably yet ignorant of the Dem-MSM Complex's deceitful tricks.

As I said above, the guy has probably been receiving a flood of hate. If his dispute of the accuser's claims are true and the accuser is now weaseling, that flood is likely to swell. Because Haters hate even more when their targets are vindicated. Has anyone yet called out his family name and proclaimed him, sight unseen, a "White Cuban"?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2019, 09:12:38 AM »
This would be funny if not for the fact the Left is on a trajectory of increasing violence.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."