Current Events > Politics

DeSantis launches GOP presidential campaign in Twitter announcement plagued by..

(1/3) > >>

enslaved1:
DeSantis launches GOP presidential campaign in Twitter announcement plagued by glitches

It begins...

I'm not making any calls, it's way too early, but I'll admit that what I've seen of Trump's commentary about Desantis, even before this official announcement, it's going to be a long, ugly, divisive election season, which will not help anything.  Hopefully conservative and republican voters can get the candidates in line so we can keep whoever the Dems run out of the White House. 

Old n Grumpy:
The trash and burn politics is not what we need right now.. we need to hear about policy and what they believe in.

Ralph Wiggum:

--- Quote from: enslaved1 on May 25, 2023, 08:44:31 AM ---DeSantis launches GOP presidential campaign in Twitter announcement plagued by glitches

It begins...

I'm not making any calls, it's way too early, but I'll admit that what I've seen of Trump's commentary about Desantis, even before this official announcement, it's going to be a long, ugly, divisive election season, which will not help anything.  Hopefully conservative and republican voters can get the candidates in line so we can keep whoever the Dems run out of the White House.

--- End quote ---

It will get ugly if it hasn't already. Being at ground zero in one of the earliest voting states, I'm already inundated with text messages, phone calls, and a mailbox full of clap-trap from the various candidates who have already declared.

There are things that I like about most of those who've announced officially and certainly things I don't appreciate. Along with the absolutely irrelevant candidates. But I'm keeping my powder dry, considering the voting won't take place until February.

enslaved1:

--- Quote from: Old n Grumpy on May 25, 2023, 09:07:16 AM ---The trash and burn politics is not what we need right now.. we need to hear about policy and what they believe in.

--- End quote ---

Could not agree more.  But will the candidates (whoever else that may be) get that message and apply it?  I like a lot of things about Trump, but I don't see him taking the high ground and focusing on policy like that.  Not sure how Desantis is going to play out, that's one of the reasons I'm holding off for a while, and may hold off right up until primary day. 

Eupher:
Yep, this is definitely time for the  :popcorn:

I could be way off here, but I'd posit that DeSantis' poll numbers are going to increase significantly and the more they do, and the lower Trump's numbers go, the more shrill and childish that Trump will become. He's deathly afraid of DeSantis and I think if DeSantis just keeps on task without trying to one-up Trump, he'll be the nominee.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version