Author Topic: Prepping fo 2022  (Read 1239 times)

Offline AARguy

• Probationary (Probie)
Prepping fo 2022
« on: January 16, 2022, 10:11:11 AM »
WHY to prep in 2022:
    1.) Possible war... from Taiwan to Ukraine
    2.) Possible civil chaos in the spirit of last summer's riots and looting from coast to coast
    3.) Possible inflation/distribution melt downs

HOW to prep (with those reasons in mind):
    1.) BE in a place of safety or plan to GET to a place of safety. Such places would be away from large population centers, away from essential military bases or national assets like oil storage sites in Louisiana, etc.
    2.) Don't plan for days or even weeks... plan long term. Planning shouldn't be about a flood or weather situation that will recede in days. It could be chaos for months or even years.

There are lots of publications with checklists to help you out. I like to start with the Military "Ten Classes of Supply". Some of the priority items include:
    - Food: freeze dried, canned, and other dry foods like beans and pasta are a good place to start
    - Water: Not just water but water PURIFICATION systems
    - Medical supplies: First Aid Items and more
    - A Good Library: You can find medical manuals from the military online, as well as "how to" manuals to grow things, build things, maintain things and more
    - "Heirloom" seeds that will yield more seeds for subsequent seasons
    - Firearms and ammunition
    - Hygiene Items: toothpaste, shaving gear, tampons, etc
    - Barter Items: Gold, silver, tobacco, chocolate, alcohol, etc.
    - Clothing: I chose a "GO TO" place that's warm all year so clothing requirements are minimal
    - Fuel: for cooking, lights, and heating and all the rest... use solar as much as possible... other sources generally require replenishment that may not be available
    - Gadgets: radios, computers, cameras, etc. And don't forget a Faraday Cage to protect
 these items
    - Radiation detectors
    - Entertainment: games, books, hobby stuff, etc.   

Any comments?

Offline Rick

• Crazy old man
Re: Prepping fo 2022
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2022, 10:56:26 AM »
It was a tough chose. Living in Los Angeles or safety. Gadgets and toys or piece of mind.

Retired Oct 16, House sold Nov 2. Arizona by Christmas. Most everything past out to the family. Starting the collection all over.

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2022, 06:21:28 AM »
If one lives in an urban area I'm not sure what they can do for a long term situation as they would have to carry all of their stocked up supplies to their new location on the frontier.
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2022, 08:33:30 AM »
Picking an area with always-pleasant weather is not a good idea because everyone will want to go there, making it dirty, congested, and crime-ridden.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2022, 03:53:09 PM »
If one lives in an urban area I'm not sure what they can do for a long term situation as they would have to carry all of their stocked up supplies to their new location on the frontier.
If you are stuck in an urban area,
1) tell NO ONE about your stash of food.
2) Have guns and ammo enough to protect yourself
3) act like you are as hungry as everyone else...stand in the bread lines. Get your share of rationed food.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2022, 10:05:48 AM »
I'd be stuck east of the Rockies.  And North.

So the only natural weather-hazard would be a blizzard.  A year would virtually consist of gathering materials to survive the next Winter.  Hunker-down and repeat.