Author Topic: R.I.P Al Davis  (Read 1199 times)

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
R.I.P Al Davis
« on: October 08, 2011, 02:28:16 PM »
Al Davis, the Hall of Fame owner of the Oakland Raiders known for his rebellious spirit, has died.

The team said the 82-year-old died at his home in Oakland on Saturday morning.

"Al Davis's passion for football and his influence on the game were extraordinary," NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said in a statement released by the league. "He defined the Raiders and contributed to pro football at every level. The respect he commanded was evident in the way that people listened carefully every time he spoke. He is a true legend of the game whose impact and legacy will forever be part of the NFL."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d822ed9f9/article/al-davis-hall-of-fame-owner-of-raiders-passes-at-age-82?module=HP11_cp

Very sad news indeed. Rest in Peace, Al

I hope the Raiders can stay focused with this event unfolding only a day removed from their game at Houston.

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: R.I.P Al Davis
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 09:15:58 PM »
As a Broncos fan, RIP, Mr. Davis.

Now that being said, maybe now the Raiders can draft players other than overrated drugged up quarterbacks.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford