Author Topic: BCS (selection Sunday)  (Read 3838 times)

Offline ReardenSteel

BCS (selection Sunday)
« on: December 06, 2009, 06:48:28 PM »
It's go time...

:cheersmate:

On edit:

OK we already know the Rose Bowl is settled and the National Championship is likely set too. Still. There are a lot of bowls...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 06:52:27 PM by ReardenSteel »
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
Re: BCS (selection Sunday)
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 07:03:33 PM »
TCU and BSU in the Fiesta Bowl.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 07:04:26 PM »

I was going to say that.  :tongue:

(high five though anywho)

One of those guys will have a perfect season... hmmmm (visions of Utah)
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 07:10:22 PM »
I was going to say that.  :tongue:

(high five though anywho)

One of those guys will have a perfect season... hmmmm (visions of Utah)
:tongue:

I'm going to give it to TCU. It's been decades since their last bowl game. They're hungry to show it's not a fluke.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 07:12:31 PM »
Natti gets the Gators

- Ayn Rand

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 07:13:24 PM »
Natti gets the Gators

Beat me that time.  :-)

Going for Florida. Tebow wants that Heisman.

So how about them Seahawks!

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 07:14:33 PM »
Iowa and Georgia Tech in the Orange Bowl.

No idea on that one.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2009, 07:17:39 PM »
Iowa and Georgia Tech in the Orange Bowl.

No idea on that one.

Didn't see that coming either.

Man even with the win today my Seahawks have had a rough season. Life of a Seattle fan I guess.

Currently I'm wondering who will be Cincy's coach. Both for the Bowl game and next year. (??)

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2009, 07:20:24 PM »
I see it will be a Texas v Bama title game. After last night, I hope Bama destroys the Horns.

Here is a BCS selection link fwiw...
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/10484716/Follow-along-as-BCS-bids-are-handed-out

- Ayn Rand

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2009, 07:22:16 PM »
Didn't see that coming either.

Man even with the win today my Seahawks have had a rough season. Life of a Seattle fan I guess.

Currently I'm wondering who will be Cincy's coach. Both for the Bowl game and next year. (??)

Tell me about it. I'm a Hawks fan in Cowboy Country. It's rough.

Watching the interview with Colt McCoy right now. Texas or Alabama? That's a tough one. Like Tebow, Colt wants the Heisman, so he's going to be working for it.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2009, 07:27:42 PM »
:tongue:

I'm going to give it to TCU. It's been decades since their last bowl game. They're hungry to show it's not a fluke.

TCU beat Boise St. in the Poinsettia bowl last year, and I think the Frogs have been to bowls 11 out of the last 12 years.  It has been quite a while since we've been to a "major" bowl, however.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2009, 07:28:55 PM »
TCU beat Boise St. in the Poinsettia bowl last year, and I think the Frogs have been to bowls 11 out of the last 12 years.  It has been quite a while since we've been to a "major" bowl, however.

Yeah, last major bowl. Last I've heard was the Cotton Bowl in 1959. I don't follow TCU, so I can't comment to how true that is.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2009, 07:31:39 PM »
Tell me about it. I'm a Hawks fan in Cowboy Country. It's rough.

Watching the interview with Colt McCoy right now. Texas or Alabama? That's a tough one. Like Tebow, Colt wants the Heisman, so he's going to be working for it.

heh, I went to grade school in Oklahoma where I learned to HATE the cowboys. LOL

Though Seattle has a shot at  9-7 I don't see it happening. Two first round draft picks though...

Sunday night football ready to kick off. I need a big game from Warner in one of my fantasy leagues...

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2009, 07:35:40 PM »
Here is the entire Bowl schedule...

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/schedules/bowls

Jan. 7 BCS Title Pasadena, Calif. ABC 8 p.m. Alabama vs. Texas 
Jan. 5 Orange Miami FOX 8 p.m. Georgia Tech vs. Iowa 
Jan. 4 Fiesta Glendale, Ariz. FOX 8 p.m. TCU vs. Boise State 
Jan. 1 Sugar New Orleans, La. FOX 8:30 p.m. Cincinnati vs. Florida 
Jan. 1 Rose Pasadena, Calif. ABC 5 p.m. Oregon vs. Ohio State

- Ayn Rand

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2009, 07:38:07 PM »
Yeah, last major bowl. Last I've heard was the Cotton Bowl in 1959. I don't follow TCU, so I can't comment to how true that is.

Yes, that was back when the Cotton Bowl was a big deal, and it was 1959.  I did a quick Wiki check, and yes, we've now been to bowl games 11 out of the last 12 years.  And this will be the third time we've played Boise State in a bowl.

Also noticed that someone is vandalizing Wikipedia, imagine that! :whatever:

TCU Horned Frogs football team is the intercollegiate football that should not go to the 2009 national championship game team at Texas Christian University.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TCU_Horned_Frogs_football

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2009, 09:56:47 PM »
That'll be a tough ticket.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2009, 10:26:46 PM »
That'll be a tough ticket.

I'm not as worried about that as I am the price of the flight.  It's a bad time of year to try to fly from the cold part of the country to the warm part.

I think each school gets about 15,000 tickets, which should be plenty.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2009, 07:37:40 AM »

That's such a crock of shit. They should each play a BCS school.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2009, 07:43:19 AM »
Yes, that was back when the Cotton Bowl was a big deal, and it was 1959.  I did a quick Wiki check, and yes, we've now been to bowl games 11 out of the last 12 years.  And this will be the third time we've played Boise State in a bowl.

Also noticed that someone is vandalizing Wikipedia, imagine that! :whatever:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TCU_Horned_Frogs_football

Cotton is still somewhat of a major bowl with a 3 million dollar payout. It's just not a BCS bowl. Take away the BCS bowls, and it would rank up there with the best bowls.

Oh, and I'm taking my Rebels over the Okie State Cowboys 30-27.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2009, 08:05:37 AM »
Jan. 4 Fiesta Glendale, Ariz. FOX 8 p.m. TCU vs. Boise State

I like it!!  That will probably be one of the best games played all year.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2009, 08:07:07 AM »
I like it!!  That will probably be one of the best games played all year.

IMO, the Gators should play TCU in the Sugar and Cincy play BSU in the Fiesta. All this does is set up a scenario for BCS teams to say, "See, those two non-BCS schools didn't play anyone."

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2009, 09:01:31 AM »
IMO, the Gators should play TCU in the Sugar and Cincy play BSU in the Fiesta. All this does is set up a scenario for BCS teams to say, "See, those two non-BCS schools didn't play anyone."

I kind of agree.  It's almost like the "red-headed step-child" BCS bowl.

It should be an excellent game, but I would have preferred to match up against Florida.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2009, 09:04:10 AM »
I kind of agree.  It's almost like the "red-headed step-child" BCS bowl.

It should be an excellent game, but I would have preferred to match up against Florida.

The other situation is where the non-BCS schools to say claim part of the title.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2009, 08:18:00 PM »
The other situation is where the non-BCS schools to say claim part of the title.

5 undefeated teams is tough. Hell, we could still have 3 undefeated teams when it's all done. ("when" Cincinnati beats Florida) :-)

- Ayn Rand

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2009, 09:42:43 PM »
5 undefeated teams is tough. Hell, we could still have 3 undefeated teams when it's all done. ("when" Cincinnati beats Florida) :-)

Sorry man, that's just not gonna happen. Last time Tebow lost a game, to my Rebs, he went undefeated and won the NC. Next time he lost was Saturday night. We'll wind up with 2 undefeateds.