Author Topic: It's the AL ongoing thread! will it be the angels and the bosox in the ALCS?  (Read 17511 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Wrong picture -- that was a Yankees pic, but it seems they keep the URL the same. 

Seems to me that Omir Santos is a Met . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline formerlurker

Red Sox suck.   :banghead:

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!

And so do the Angels.  But we at least have a reason we suck.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
Andrus roped a triple tonight, Ralphie, even though they lost to the Tigers.  :cheersmate:  :(
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline BlueStateSaint

I was actually dreading this game, because Santana was 1-3 with a 6.89 ERA lifetime, at Fenway.  But, guess that the line holds true--You don't mess with the Johan.  :-) :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
Swept the 'Stros! Bring on those Yankee bastards!

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline BlueStateSaint

Swept the 'Stros! Bring on those Yankee bastards!

I really want to see those games. :fuelfire:  My brother and mother are Yankee fans--my brother has been taunting me by email during the Mets' woes, and I made sure to point out that the Skanks were still in third place in their division.  He didn't say much after that.

Chase her.

Offline formerlurker

I was actually dreading this game, because Santana was 1-3 with a 6.89 ERA lifetime, at Fenway.  But, guess that the line holds true--You don't mess with the Johan.  :-) :tongue:

It was a horrible series.  I am glad they pulled one out of their butts to avoid the sweep.   Papi has to go down in the order, or out on a rehab assignment.

I am still cringing from Paps' blown save....

Congrats for taking the series though!

Offline BlueStateSaint

It was a horrible series.  I am glad they pulled one out of their butts to avoid the sweep.   Papi has to go down in the order, or out on a rehab assignment.

Thanks.  Woulda been nice to see the Skanks take another from the Phillthies, though.  When Lidge blew that save yesterday, I got my hopes up.  :bawl:

Also, I've got Papi on my fantasy team.   :o

As for the Sox, I'll have another coffee waiting on my desk tomorrow.  I'm 3-0 in coffee bets over baseball this year (with a Sox and Phillies fan).

Chase her.

Offline NHSparky

Maybe ya'll just need a few more rain delays.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
3 of 4 from the A's. Marching up to Yankeetown next!

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
Rangers take 2 of 3 at Fenway for the first time in a long time.  :cheersmate:

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
Saw a good one at the Ballpark in Arlington on Friday Night in spite of the rain delay.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
Rangers break a 3 game skid against the lowly A's.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion

Offline formerlurker

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AoZtg9LJigyreIElO0BF1O4RvLYF?slug=ap-tigers-redsoxbrawl&prov=ap&type=lgns

:loser:

MLB vice president Bob Watson cited Youkilis for charging the mound, throwing his helmet at Porcello and inciting Tuesday night’s hostilities. Watson penalized Porcello for intentionally throwing pitches at Victor Martinez(notes) in the first inning and Youkilis in the second.

In addition, Detroit pitched Edwin Jackson(notes) was fined for what Watson said were aggressive actions.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
They had been beaning each other since Cabrera was plunked in the 4th of Monday's game. Youkilis just happened to be the one that exploded.

Offline formerlurker

They had been beaning each other since Cabrera was plunked in the 4th of Monday's game. Youkilis just happened to be the one that exploded.

Youk was thrown at in the Yankee series and the first game in Detroit.  This was the second time Detroit threw at him.  He had enough, so he charged.   The kittens infield stood there with their thumbs up their butt and left their pitcher unprotected. 

Fired up the Red Sox though, which given their pitiful performance of late was much needed.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
Re: It's the AL ongoing thread! will it be the angels and the bosox in the ALCS?
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2009, 04:24:54 PM »
Why Derek Holland isn't taking the mound at a Beer League softball game instead of elsewhere today is beyond me.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 04:32:56 PM by Odin's Hand »

Offline NHSparky

Red Sox suck donkey balls.

That is all.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
That was an awesome tiebreaker game last night.  It's baseball playoff season, time to mute Chip Caray on TBS!!! :-)
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline formerlurker

Red Sox suck donkey balls.

That is all.

It will suck for you if they eliminate the Angels yet AGAIN in the first round......

Offline NHSparky

It will suck for you if they eliminate the Angels yet AGAIN in the first round......

Ah, what a difference a couple of days make.

Offline NHSparky

In the words of that philanthropist and philosopical warrior Shaquille O'Neal:

"How's my ass taste?"

Offline formerlurker

Ah, what a difference a couple of days make.

Not at all.  I knew the Red Sox weren't going anyway, but hesitated saying it because the Angels have been so proficient at choking in the postseason.

Big deal.   

You used to lose in the playoffs and now win.   

You used to beat the Yankess and now......... yeah, monkey is fixing to jump back on your back.     

Hillary Clinton left NY and took the curse with it.    Lord do I loathe her.