Author Topic: "This is naked, raw terrorism."  (Read 3348 times)

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
"This is naked, raw terrorism."
« on: October 22, 2012, 07:42:57 PM »

babylonsister (141,300 posts)

"This is naked, raw terrorism."

It most certainly is.

http://www.boomantribune.com/story/2012/10/22/12523/099

You Have the Right To Bear Arms

by Steven D
Mon Oct 22nd, 2012 at 12:52:03 PM EST

The 2nd amendment allows you to purchase and own a firearm. That doesn't give you the right to use that shoot at signs advocating for a political candidate you dislike intensely, in this case Barack Obama. From Lubbock Texas:

“Hundreds of Obama yard signs have been stolen from neighborhoods all across Lubbock,” Lubbock Democratic Party chairperson Kenny Ketner said at a press conference Sunday. “We have had over half a dozen of our large 4×4 and 4×8 signs stolen, vandalized, or shot. And as of about 1 a.m. this morning, we can add hate crime to the list, as two of our 4×4 signs at 26th and University Ave. were vandalized with the n-word written multiple times and mustard sprayed all over the signs.”

Literally hundreds.   Link has all the credibility of some obscure fake news site that the article author is identified only as "Steve D."  No phothgaphic evidence.  All hearsay.

This is naked, raw terrorism. Because nothing sends a message that people shouldn't exercise their first amendment rights of free speech, particularly political speech, than bullet holes through through their signs supporting a political candidate, any candidate. We've already seen a non-political business owner receive death threats for refusing to allow the Romney campaign to use his restaurant for a campaign event. We have seen bullets fired through the Denver office of the Obama campaign. How soon before someone is wounded or killed by someone for standing at on a street corner with an Obama sign or knocking on someone's door distributing campaign literature? All I know is that we are getting awfully close to crossing the boundary into territory that no one with any conscience at all would find agreeable.

Daily, our airwaves and the internet are inundated with messages of hate, racism and even the advocacy of violence from conservative politicians, conservative media and anyone with a Twitter account, a Facebook page or the ability to post to a comment to a website who repeats the offensive propaganda that is now taken as holy writ by a not insignificant portion of our population. Don't tell me that this mass of negative, demeaning, hateful and often inaccurate and false "speech" by partisans on the right does not stoke the fever of individuals who then take matters into their own hands. Don't even try. When you, my conservative and Republican brethren persist in stoking the flames of hate and outrage, sooner or later, it has consequences. For life, for liberty, for the pursuit of happiness.

Stop going down this path.

And by god, stop brazenly lying about what's happening:

In a separate post Monday morning, Ketner said Carl Tepper, head of the local Republican Party, accused the Democrats of vandalizing their own signs during an interview with a local radio station.

Yepper.  Don't go down this road.  Steve D. thinks it's very bad.  You know what baby lon, this is bad and it actually happened:

Wisconsin State Senators' son beaten by sign stealing thugs

Those dirty ba$tards!!11!!  Stealing Obama signs!!! ZOMG!!!111!!!

No.

Sorry (D)Ullards.....stealing Romney/Ryan signs.  So,  still naked, raw, XXX eleventy!!!111!!! terrorism or what?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 07:46:26 PM by 98ZJUSMC »

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline thundley4

Re: "This is naked, raw terrorism."
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 07:48:51 PM »
If Obama signs are being stolen it's by his supporters that are too lazy to get their own signs.  Stealing one is easier.

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: Re: "This is naked, raw terrorism."
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 09:42:23 PM »
Aren't these the same idiots who were high fiving each other a few weeks ago at reports of Romney signs bring pissed on?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 06:03:42 AM »
If Obama signs are being stolen it's by his supporters that are too lazy to get their own signs.  Stealing one is easier.
Redistribution of assets.  They should like that.
This too shall pass.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 06:08:34 AM »
From the Booman article quoted. The original posted left the last part out.
Take a look, its the very last part.
In a separate post Monday morning, Ketner said Carl Tepper, head of the local Republican Party, accused the Democrats of vandalizing their own signs during an interview with a local radio station.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
Re: Re: "This is naked, raw terrorism."
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 07:22:49 AM »
Aren't these the same idiots who were high fiving each other a few weeks ago at reports of Romney signs bring pissed on?

They're also the same group of idiots who high-five each other for blocking Fox News in hotels. See, it's free speech for THEM...
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Jasonw560

• Is a Juke Box
  • PhD from Sarcastic State
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 07:37:01 AM »
West Texas is very conservative. Lubbock does have its pockets of blue because of (#17 BCS ranked) Texas Tech.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle

"Metaphors needn't be explained to educated people"-Ted
Nugent

"Life ain't fair. Get over it or wear a helmet" -diesel driver

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 08:48:17 AM »
West Texas is very conservative. Lubbock does have its pockets of blue because of (#17 BCS ranked) Texas Tech.

Nah you got it all wrong, this is not terrorism, this is just civil unrest according to the US Government.   Local petty theft and just a conflict in ideas.   

Terrorism seldom happens in America except for 911,  anytime our uniformed military is attacked then this is a hate crime, or work place violence. 

So will the attacked Embassy and the dead be put down as work place violence due to the fact that Embassy is considered American soil ??? 

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 08:57:38 AM »
Nah you got it all wrong, this is not terrorism, this is just civil unrest according to the US Government.   Local petty theft and just a conflict in ideas.   

Terrorism seldom happens in America except for 911,  anytime our uniformed military is attacked then this is a hate crime, or work place violence. 

So will the attacked Embassy and the dead be put down as work place violence due to the fact that Embassy is considered American soil ??? 

Put down the pipe, Vesta. Civil unrest is against the government and involves events such as protests, etc. Trying to beat people up, destroy people's personal property, etc., in an attempt to prevent them from voting is terrorism. It's what they called it with beatings, lynchings, etc. in the South against black Americans, it's what it's called today.

NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2012, 09:00:42 AM »
I see any of these fruits come on my property and start destroying my possessions, I won't be coming alone. That is a fact.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Online 67 Rover

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 09:15:35 AM »
I see any of these fruits come on my property and start destroying my possessions, I won't be coming alone. That is a fact.

Are you friends with Mr. Heckler and Mr. Koch also?
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2012, 09:54:22 AM »

If only the primitive DUmbasses knew, they'd fear this pair FAAAAAR more than the notorious Koch brothers. :naughty:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2012, 09:58:18 AM »

My buddy Sig.

Offline Linda

• American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2012, 10:00:06 AM »
It is actually just a little work place violence.....you know kinda like the minor incident that happened at Fort Hood Texas.....
A liberal who is mugged by reality becomes conservative.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2012, 10:25:36 AM »
Put down the pipe, Vesta. Civil unrest is against the government and involves events such as protests, etc. Trying to beat people up, destroy people's personal property, etc., in an attempt to prevent them from voting is terrorism. It's what they called it with beatings, lynchings, etc. in the South against black Americans, it's what it's called today.

I think Vesta was mocking the 0bama administration and the democrats.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2012, 10:46:26 AM »
I think Vesta was mocking the 0bama administration and the democrats.

:thatsright:

My bad. Sorry Vesta.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2012, 10:47:52 AM »
It is actually just a little work place violence.....you know kinda like the minor incident that happened at Fort Hood Texas.....

^5 Linda this what I was referring to.

We need to figure out what a crime is, be it hate, terrorism or a civil disturbance.   Seems like all this can be twisted by the Courts to mean anything.     People killed off base in uniform smoking a cigarette out side a recruitment center for instace.  Is this an act of Terrorism, a hate crime or just a civil disturbance ???   Could be just a bunch of juiced up kids that shot at anything they saw.

Black Churches fire bombed in the South, what is this called, a hate crime , terrorism or civil disturbance, all depends on when the arsonists are caught, their ages and who their family's are.