Author Topic: Anybody with spare hardware out there??  (Read 12168 times)

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Anybody with spare hardware out there??
« on: January 07, 2008, 01:55:46 PM »
I'm looking for a better video card for a PC that I'm building for my daughter. AGP 4x, 64 or 128 MB. If any of y'all have a spare laying around, please let me know.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline djones520

Re: Anybody with spare hardware out there??
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 02:35:41 PM »
If no one here can help out, hit Ebay.  You'll probably be able to find one for cheaper then $20.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 02:40:56 PM »
Why not a PCI-E?
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 02:43:59 PM »
Why not a PCI-E?

I could probably use PCI, but they're a little slower and I have very limited PCI slots.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 02:50:24 PM »
Why not a PCI-E?

I could probably use PCI, but they're a little slower and I have very limited PCI slots.

I gotcha, I was wondering about the PCI-Express, which is heads above an AGP. Though it seems you already have the motherboard.
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline djones520

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 03:22:26 PM »
Why not a PCI-E?

I gotcha, I was wondering about the PCI-Express, which is heads above an AGP. Though it seems you already have the motherboard.

Dropped $100 on a PCI-E vid card once.  Didn't realize at the time that it had a differant type slot then standard PCI...  :banghead:

So I went to the BX and got my wife an early Christmas present.  A new computer that had PCI-E slots.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."