Author Topic: we call them "gutter punks"  (Read 1876 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
we call them "gutter punks"
« on: November 07, 2019, 06:33:32 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212662295

rampartc (2,074 posts)

we call them "gutter punks"

they are always here, homeless or squatting in empty buildings.

in the winter they descend upon new orleans because we are warmer here than in the north, and maybe a little more understanding of alternative lifestyles. this year there are already more than usual. I don't know why.

I usually have to walk past a few to get into my neighborhood convenience store. today was insane. there may have been 100 of them. all pan handling. some offering sex acts. i'm not interested.

many of the gutter punks have dogs. mostly with bandana collars and rope leashes. the police will not arrest a gutter punk with a dog. the animal has to be processed separately and, well, the cops just will not do the paperwork involved. that is why they have dogs. police repellant.

today I noticed a little black kitten. he had a scrap of bandana around his neck and a little piece of string for a leash. his gutter punk was sitting on a parking bumper, nodding off. that little kitten was no bigger than my little sunny had been the day I held him in my hand under the faucet and shampooed the fleas as he bared his little teeth and claws in that futile threat that is so endearing in kittens.

I went into the store and bought my wife's beer and a lottery ticket. they did not have cat food so I bought a can of tuna.

I went past the gutter punk in the parking lot and threw him the can of tuna. "make sure that kitten gets breakfast, man." two females were on him, grabbing for the can, before I left the parking lot. I hope the kitten got a t least some.

:rotf:

5X (2,114 posts)

1. wonder what they call you. n/t

Freedomofspeech (2,368 posts)

3. I know, right?

safeinOhio (17,174 posts)

2. Picked up a kid hitchhiking a couple of years ago.

Said he was a "Dirty Kids" guy. It is a whole culture of young people that travel around flying signs, what they call standing on the corner with a hand made sign asking for money. Said they have their own FB page.
Said they share info on best places to go and where to stay away from.
Was really interesting.

Yeah but see ... you're not allowed to use those words because you're not ONE OF THEM.   ::)

Thought I'd bring this over before it gets flushed.   :lmao:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: we call them "gutter punks"
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 06:46:47 AM »
So our poster is upset because there is a larger than usual crop of gutter punks aka bums, hobo's , vagrants etc crapping up his neighborhood.

And what to the liberal left wingers think of him for this? Of course, he is a mean, heartless POS.

5X (2,114 posts)

A working man who can afford to walk to the store and buy his own beer and lottery tickets with out pan handling. :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 07:03:40 AM »
So our poster is upset because there is a larger than usual crop of gutter punks aka bums, hobo's , vagrants etc crapping up his neighborhood.

And what to the liberal left wingers think of him for this? Of course, he is a mean, heartless POS.
  A working man who can afford to walk to the store and buy his wife's own beer and lottery tickets with out pan handling. :thatsright:

FIFY
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 07:12:14 AM »
5X (2,114 posts)

Stalin (you know, the guy you DUmmies want to emulate so much) would call you a kulak.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2019, 07:25:28 AM »
The OP keeps referencing "today" and I note that it was posted at 7:00am this morning.   :rotf:

Guess his wife was needing that beer pretty badly.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2019, 07:38:38 AM »
 :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

And he deleted it!  One of the responders to the the OP started another thread!

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212662377

5X (2,116 posts)

We call them "pacquito"

They pour out of the office buildings, not even seeing you.
Sometimes they notice your dog or cat, but never the person.
We are forced to step into the gutter or alleys because if we bump
someone accidentially, we might get arrested.

Maybe I can find some cat food or tuna for my kitten.

:lmao:

KC

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2019, 08:15:41 AM »
How do you get to more than 2K DU-posts without knowing the Homeless are all sacred, had some bad luck and oppressed by (bogeyman-of-the-month)?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2019, 08:24:15 AM »
How do you get to more than 2K DU-posts without knowing the Homeless are all sacred, had some bad luck and oppressed by (bogeyman-of-the-month)?
Bobbolink could have straightened him out. Too bad Will Pitt whacked her.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2019, 08:42:51 AM »
Bobbolink could have straightened him out. Too bad Will Pitt whacked her.

Good ol' Bobbolink!  Those were the days.

KC

*Stolen

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2019, 02:11:51 PM »
5X (2,116 posts)

We call them "pacquito" Translated it means hobo.

They pour out of the office buildings, not even seeing you. Those people work all day to try to get by, they don't have time for useless pieces of human garbage littering their path home.
Sometimes they notice your dog or cat, but never the person.Yup, they feel sory for the poor animal stuck with a useless POS for qa keeper.
We are forced to step into the gutter or alleys because if we bump
someone accidentially, we might get arrested.

Maybe I can find some cat food or tuna for my kitten.
Your kitten would be better off left to fend for it's self.

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

Offline jukin

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2019, 09:41:12 AM »
I call them "bums" and or "hobos" they are good for moving target practice.  Not much else. If you bag one, it will feed the animal they have been mistreating for a week.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2019, 01:06:08 PM »
I call them "bums" and or "hobos" they are good for moving target practice.  Not much else. If you bag one, it will feed the animal they have been mistreating for a week.

Maybe instead of charging them with vagrancy they should be charged with animal cruelty. We need to get PITA after them. :-)