Author Topic: We are witnessing a repeat of history. It has happened four times.  (Read 763 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
shockey80 (4,344 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213801126

We are witnessing a repeat of history. It has happened four times.
Over the past 90 years there have been 4 major economic disasters that destroyed millions of Americans lives. All 4 times there was a Republican in the white house.

Hoover-1929
Reagan-1987
Bush-2008
Trump- 2020

I do not understand why the Democrats do not use this historical fact in every campaign, every election. They should pound the Republicans with this fact. It cannot be defended.

The Republican party is the party of economical destruction. It is a historical fact.

:thatsright:

in2herbs (1,489 posts)

1. Just goes to show that Ds don't know how to message very well. nt

NCDem47 (384 posts)

2. I was thinking about this the other day.

Is it fair to say that in the last 50 years, a Democrat president was elected to clean-up Republican messes that left America economically, diplomatically and cuturally in the hole?

To the rescue to climb out:

Carter.
Clinton.
Obama.

Mr.Bill (8,952 posts)

6. And more importantly

a Democratic President fixed it. Every time. And we let them get away with saying they were going to make America great again. All while they have been proven to be pros at doing just the opposite.

:thatsright:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: We are witnessing a repeat of history. It has happened four times.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 03:07:34 PM »
I dunno what the primitive's talking about.

In both 1987 and 2008, I was employed, making good money, and got good-sized raises every year.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2020, 04:35:21 PM »
In 1987 my company was doing fine.

In 2009 I was laid off and found an equally good job in 6 or 8 weeks.

I notice shockey80 didn't mention the 2000-2002 Dot Bomb, which was far worse than any hiccup in 1987. I don't wonder why.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2020, 04:37:41 PM »
When economic problems have happened in my lifetime, the Democrats have controlled the house, or senate and sometimes both.

The recoveries generally occur after republicans gain control of the house or senate when there is a DUmbocrat president.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2020, 04:57:26 PM »
When economic problems have happened in my lifetime, the Democrats have controlled the house, or senate and sometimes both.

The recoveries generally occur after republicans gain control of the house or senate when there is a DUmbocrat president.

Ladies and gentlemen we have a winner!   But there is no way on God's Green Earth you can ever explain this fact to DUmmies.      “The President proposes, the Congress disposes.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/100th_United_States_Congress

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/110th_United_States_Congress

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2020, 08:15:07 PM »
Can't speak for 1929, but I did pretty OK in the rest of those.  And it looks a lot more like 1968 with the violent far-Left freaks scaring the crap out of the normal people to me.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2020, 12:57:03 PM »
In 1987 my company was doing fine.

In 2009 I was laid off and found an equally good job in 6 or 8 weeks.

I notice shockey80 didn't mention the 2000-2002 Dot Bomb, which was far worse than any hiccup in 1987. I don't wonder why.
9/11 attacks in 2001 also did not help.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2020, 01:49:49 PM »
9/11 attacks in 2001 also did not help.

Definitely. My employer at the time was a Taiwan tech company with manufacturing in the mainland. We were much slowed by the Dot-Bomb, but I probably would not have been laid off but for 9/11 worsening/extending the downturn. Is shockey80 a cinder-blocks-and-chicken-wire Troofer by any chance?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2020, 06:16:00 PM »
Definitely. My employer at the time was a Taiwan tech company with manufacturing in the mainland. We were much slowed by the Dot-Bomb, but I probably would not have been laid off but for 9/11 worsening/extending the downturn. Is shockey80 a cinder-blocks-and-chicken-wire Troofer by any chance?
Aren't they all?
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)