Author Topic: Appeals Court Rules Against Obama Immigration Plan  (Read 990 times)

Offline libertybele

Appeals Court Rules Against Obama Immigration Plan
« on: November 09, 2015, 07:58:12 PM »
Appeals court rules against Obama immigration plan

NEW ORLEANS –  President Obama's plan to protect from deportation an estimated 5 million people living in the United States illegally has suffered another setback in court.

In a 2-1 decision, the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans upheld a Texas-based judge's injunction blocking the Obama administration's immigration initiative.

Republicans had criticized the plan as an illegal executive overreach when Obama announced it last November. Twenty-six states challenged the plan in court.

The administration argued that the executive branch was within its rights in deciding to defer deportation of selected groups of immigrants.

Part of the initiative included expansion of a program called Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, protecting young immigrants from deportation if they were brought to the U.S. illegally as children.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/11/09/appeals-court-rules-against-obama-immigration-plan/?intcmp=hpbt3
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 08:01:21 PM by libertybele »
I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline thundley4

Re: Appeals Court Rules Against Obama Immigration Plan
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 10:45:11 PM »
It doesn't matter. Obama will continue to ignore the courts and no one will do a damn thing.  I doubt anyone will even try and prove that he's delaying deporting any illegals.

Offline Ken8521

• DeSantis 2024!
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 05:12:18 AM »
It doesn't matter. Obama will continue to ignore the courts and no one will do a damn thing.  I doubt anyone will even try and prove that he's delaying deporting any illegals.

You're right...

:argh: :argh:

Offline Belle

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 01:56:35 PM »
thundley4:   
Obama will continue to ignore the courts and no one will do a damn thing.
  Agree, but before he does, its off to his liberal buddies @ the Supreme Court.  
 & if the high court appears to be steering right, Roberts can always do a rewrite. Lastly, lets not forget our enabling, complicit Congress.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 02:28:34 PM »
obama spends more time and effort helping and protecting illegal aliens than he does for legal U.S. Citizens.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020