Author Topic: DUmmies Discuss Tim Tebow  (Read 2013 times)

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Re: DUmmies Discuss Tim Tebow
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2013, 08:04:59 PM »
If that were the case, he'd be a defensive back.

Or be in the NBA
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Norseman

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2013, 09:56:03 PM »
I think if any of you conservatives would know that Tebow talked Christianity, The liberal press doesnt like Christians!
Now if you pay attention to whats being said,its mostly driven by the media

We had Chris Carter who was very religious. And there was a Reggie"White? who was an ordained Minister

Tebow is a QB and for some reason they decide to go after him. I think his mother spoke out against abortion?

The Liberal press doesnt like him and never will.

You people are conservatives, you should be rooting for his success! Just his existence Ts off the liberals
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 09:59:36 PM by Norseman »

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2013, 10:01:38 PM »
You people are conservatives, you should be rooting for his success! Just his existence Ts off the liberals
You sound like an idiot.

Good luck with that.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Norseman

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2013, 10:28:44 PM »
You sound like an idiot.

Good luck with that.
I sound like an idiot how? am I wrong? why is Tebow constantly getting hammered? He didnt even play last year.

I sound like an idiot? coming from a guy who uses a failed car company as an avatar?

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2013, 10:31:47 PM »
I sound like an idiot how? am I wrong? why is Tebow constantly getting hammered? He didnt even play last year.

I sound like an idiot? coming from a guy who uses a failed car company as an avatar?
:lmao:

What's your DU name?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Norseman

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2013, 10:34:25 PM »
:lmao:

What's your DU name?
British Leyland or maybe Ford Edsel or Yugo :tongue:

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2013, 10:36:28 PM »
(note-this is very big news.)

Not really.  I couldn't care less.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline sybilll

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2013, 11:41:00 PM »

My only real gripe with Tebow is that he wears his golf glove on the wrong hand.

Whether you stand on the right side of the ball or the wrong side of the ball, the glove goes on your top hand.

[/quote]
GoBucks, that is the rare cross-handed grip. He is wearing the glove on the proper hand. I know. My dad is a scratch golfer who is also cross-handed.  It comes from being ambidextrous, which runs in my family, though the golfing skills do not. 
P.S. I think Norseman will be a headline in a newspaper someday.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2013, 12:41:33 AM »
GoBucks, that is the rare cross-handed grip. He is wearing the glove on the proper hand. I know. My dad is a scratch golfer who is also cross-handed.  It comes from being ambidextrous, which runs in my family, though the golfing skills do not. 
P.S. I think Norseman will be a headline in a newspaper someday.
My handicap has never been in single numbers, so I'm no nadin of the golf course, but the picture is of a normal left-handed grip, not cross-handed.

A lefty has his right hand at the end of the grip, a right-hander has his left hand at the end of the grip.

Tebow's glove is bass-ackward.

He claims it's to protect his throwing hand, and sometimes even wears two gloves.

Lots of baseball and football players are avid golf nuts, but I've never heard of anyone who wears his glove on the bottom hand.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2013, 07:04:38 AM »
I had a friend who used to wear his golf glove on the "wrong" hand, but it's just a matter of personal preference, though I agree you rarely see it.  I see people wearing them on both hands more often than I do the "wrong" hand.

Speaking of golf, if anyone wonders where USA4ME is from 9am till around 4 pm today, he's on the golf course, thank you very much (right handed golfer, glove on left hand).

:-)

« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 07:06:43 AM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2013, 09:12:32 AM »
I don't know what to think about Tim Tebow at this point.  After watching him, I'd say he doesn't perform good pre or post snap reads of the defense, he tended to lock into one reciever too much, and the mechanics of his throw are just awful.  His upside is that he is strong enough and fast enough to make up some for poor reads.  He'd make one hell of Fullback in the mode of Mike Allstot though.

He lost some of that muscle mass and worked in the offseason with Vinny Testaverde and Chris Weinke, who now runs a QB training program. His mechanics, according to Vinny, were vastly improved.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline sybilll

« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2013, 02:12:52 AM »
My handicap has never been in single numbers, so I'm no nadin of the golf course, but the picture is of a normal left-handed grip, not cross-handed.

A lefty has his right hand at the end of the grip, a right-hander has his left hand at the end of the grip.

Tebow's glove is bass-ackward.

He claims it's to protect his throwing hand, and sometimes even wears two gloves.

Lots of baseball and football players are avid golf nuts, but I've never heard of anyone who wears his glove on the bottom hand.
I definitely stand corrected.   The glove on the wrong hand and the mirror image threw me off. 

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2013, 02:18:18 AM »
The primitives want him to fail because he's a Christian and his belief system doesn't conform to theirs.  If Tebow were a kook that hated Bush, etc... their whole attitude would be different.  If he were black instead of white they'd be forced to sing a whole different tune, too.  Shows how shallow they are.

If he was gay he would be a hero on DU.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2013, 05:50:01 AM »
I think if any of you conservatives would know that Tebow talked Christianity, The liberal press doesnt like Christians!

We had Chris Carter who was very religious. And there was a Reggie"White? who was an ordained Minister

Tebow is a QB and for some reason they decide to go after him. I think his mother spoke out against abortion?

Chris Carter and Reggie White are black.  No matter what they do, they are "protected".

Tebow is white.

'Nuff said.
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2013, 03:30:54 PM »

Being a Christian doesn't have anything to do with it. And many people on this site are atheists...the just don't bash Christians when we say something with "God" or "Jesus" in the sentence. They're adult enough to not take offense or be as judgemental as you guys. We have a live and let live world view.

When talking football there's no reason to "root" for someone who doesn't measure up as a player. Unlike liberals we don't hate people for who they are and what they believe. Or, conversely, to automatically "root" for someone because of their beliefs. It's irrelevant to the topic, which is Tebow being cut from the Jets. But, he's got a positive attitude so he'll do just fine. I'm sure he realizes "when God closes one door, he opens another".

Bitch slap for beleiving us to be some monolithic, robotic thinkers. Try going to DU and saying you're against socialized medicine or think the Pledge of Allegience should be said in school. Or that you love and support the military (well, that might be okay since 0bama is in office). Or praise for the prices at Walmart. Or even admitting you shop there and love it...any one of you that says they stop there has an excuse for why they were there. Funny thing, I shop there all time...you wouldn't believe all the 0bama/Biden, "coexist" and other leftist bumper stickers. My favorites are "Free Tibet" even though none of you believe in using any kind of force to help them be free...but so far the bumper stickers haven't worked. And coexist in ridiculous symbols. Seriously, one of you guys has to find a way to get the cross replaced because you certainly hate Christians. And the town I shop in, Eugene is only 25 to 30 miles and most of them have a Prius.

Cindie
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 03:37:46 PM by delilahmused »
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline marv

• In Memoriam
  • Resident Grandpa
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2013, 04:09:50 PM »

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: THE SOAP BOX, THE BALLOT BOX, THE JURY BOX, AND THE CARTRIDGE BOX.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2013, 06:08:14 PM »
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline A7X_foREVer

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2013, 06:55:15 PM »
The primitives want him to fail because he's a Christian and his belief system doesn't conform to theirs.  If Tebow were a kook that hated Bush, etc... their whole attitude would be different.  If he were black instead of white they'd be forced to sing a whole different tune, too.  Shows how shallow they are.

How very very true
Voting for Obama for a second term would be like the captain of the Titanic backing into the iceberg again