Author Topic: Firefox 3.0  (Read 5066 times)

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Firefox 3.0
« on: August 31, 2008, 01:30:14 PM »
Anybody else having problems with the new Firefox versions?? It keeps crashing on me. I never had much of a problem until I upgraded to 3.0. It almost ALWAYS crashes when I have more than one tab open. Multiple browser windows will do it, too.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Firefox 3.0
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 01:43:43 PM »
Anybody else having problems with the new Firefox versions?? It keeps crashing on me. I never had much of a problem until I upgraded to 3.0. It almost ALWAYS crashes when I have more than one tab open. Multiple browser windows will do it, too.
It runs more stable on mine and they fixed that damned printing problem I was having with AA Boarding Passes.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 04:53:38 PM »
Version 3.0.1 works fine for me.

I pretty much never have less than 2 tabs open at any one time.

Check to see if any of your addins are incompatible with the version eg I had to disable RealPlayers Video saving features.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 08:13:26 PM »
I'm glad that I didn't download the update for 3.0. I had tried the beta and it kept crashing.   I have to have the multi-tabs working.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 08:18:31 PM »
Version 3.0.1 works fine for me.

I pretty much never have less than 2 tabs open at any one time.

Same here, except I'm a tab hog and usually have four or five open at a time.  Haven't had any issues.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 08:21:40 PM »

as a rule, I never install a .0 version of anything.  I always wait for the bugfixes to come out in the later versions.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 08:31:28 PM »
I'm glad that I didn't download the update for 3.0. I had tried the beta and it kept crashing.   I have to have the multi-tabs working.

I have never liked multi-tabs and do not use them.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2008, 10:57:58 PM »
I only had a problem with it one day.  It kept crashing and I had to use IE for awhile.  No other problems, other than that one time. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2008, 08:28:08 AM »
I seem to have problems when I use Yahoo with 3.0. 3 or 4 tabs at a time, no problem. Just when I use Yahoo. Seems weird.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008, 10:02:12 PM »
Okay, so when I'm on here using FireFox the youtube videos don't show up in the boards.  Is anyone else having this problem or does anyone know how I can fix it?  If I get on using Explorer, they show up. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Chris_

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2008, 10:20:14 PM »
Okay, so when I'm on here using FireFox the youtube videos don't show up in the boards.  Is anyone else having this problem or does anyone know how I can fix it?  If I get on using Explorer, they show up. 

I did, but it went away after awhile.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2008, 10:27:44 PM »

Did you do anything or did it correct itself on it's own? 
Stink Eye

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2008, 08:39:36 PM »
You MIGHT need to install the IE add-on.

I did find my problem, I think. It was one of the several add-ons I had. Fasterfox seems to have been a culprit and possibly the AVG anti-virus add-on.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chris_

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2008, 09:02:35 PM »

Did you do anything or did it correct itself on it's own? 

It did it on its own.

But I am always screwing with my system, so who knows...

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2008, 09:05:17 PM »
You MIGHT need to install the IE add-on.

I did find my problem, I think. It was one of the several add-ons I had. Fasterfox seems to have been a culprit and possibly the AVG anti-virus add-on.

Which IE add on? 
Stink Eye