Author Topic: Pout Snot Primitive spins a homeless hot dog bouncy  (Read 892 times)

Offline zeitgeist

Pout Snot Primitive spins a homeless hot dog bouncy
« on: May 22, 2011, 04:43:06 PM »
Snout spins a nice bouncy with plenty of dummies all misty.

Bobo the hobo not to be out done doubles down.

Great read in its natural setting with bandwidth killing bobo graphics.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1149523

Snoutport  (1000+ posts)         Sat May-21-11 05:13 PM
Original message
This brought tears to my eyes: "A hotdog for your thoughts"  
 I was driving home from work yesterday and saw something that brought tears to my eyes. Now, mind you, I was already a little emotional. My Assistants and I host a pro m for kids in special ed and I was coming home from a long day where several hundred teens and staff and parents got to have a fun time dancing. good stuff. Very emotional to see so many people having a good time. but hectic. So I'm driving home from all that and I pull up to the light at what is one of the poorer corners in town. There are always people with signs there asking for help. One time we pulled up and there was a teen holding a sign "Will pose for food". We have seen worse. It is a corner that is a barometer that shows how much the people in a city are hurting.

And people in the city must be hurting. I've seen more and more people there and it is never empty of someone asking for help. I try to not be moved but every once in a while I'll give away my parking change. Usually I have to have a steel heart. We just can't afford to give away too much money right now.

So, yesterday, I stop at the light --look over and on the corner there are two guys who have set up a barbecue and are handing out free hot dogs to some pretty scruffy peeps. On the front of the table with all the mustard and ketchup is a sign "A hot dog for your thoughts". And it really hit me that these two guys had driven this same corner and decided they had to do something. They weren't giving free food, they were trading it for a thought so nobody was begging. Nobody was taking charity. But they were getting something to eat for dinner.

This big tall bald guy with a bike leaning on his leg grabbed a hot dog and he was just grinning and shaking the hot dog guy's hands. He was so full of joy to get a free hot dog. He pushed his bike a few feet down the sidewalk and, seriously, ate that hot dog in three bites. The guy must have been so hungry.

And I started to cry. I drive this street all the time and I look away from most of the people because I can't help them and these two guys couldn't just drive by anymore. The light changed and I made it a couple of blocks then flipped a U-turn and drove back to the corner. I walked up and said, "Y'all just decided to feed some hungry people?" and the hot dog guys looked up at me and I was taken back for a moment. They both had the most beautiful smiling eyes and one one nodded and grinned and the other said "yes". And, you know, for a moment I felt like I was looking at a pair of (very handsome) angels. And I told them thanks, gave them the money I had in my pocket and asked them to feed some more then I beat a hasty retreat.

I had to pass again as I turned around to drive home and there were three guys getting hot dogs and the hot dog guys were talking to them and just beaming with big smiles.

It reminds me that good always wins...but you gotta take that stand of when you aren't going to look the other way anymore.

Cheers to you hot dog guys! If anyone got raptured today, it was them.

Refresh | +262 Recommendations

The usual awe this was great pipe up.

quinnox  (1000+ posts)       Sat May-21-11 05:16 PM
Response to Original message
1. Good always wins?
 Not in this world.
 Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

Cheap_Trick  (1000+ posts)        Sun May-22-11 02:16 AM
Response to Reply #1
58. Maybe not
 but it makes the times that it DOES win all the sweeter.
 Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

mia  (1000+ posts)      Sat May-21-11 05:17 PM
2. I love your story.
 Thank you!

Creative writing seems to be Snot's thing.

bobbolink  (1000+ posts)        Sat May-21-11 09:45 PM
Response to Reply #8
29. Exactly. Being poor is lonely, and most don't want to hear. Ingenious!

How dare you upbraid my gig??

bobbolink  (1000+ posts)        Sat May-21-11 10:28 PM
36. Thanks to people who can feed and listen at the same time! I just hope this isn't a city with
 "Don't feed poor and homeless people" laws!

Eat dirt Pout.

eyeofdelphi (106 posts)      Sat May-21-11 10:43 PM
Response to Reply #36
40. is that sign real??!!!
 god please tell me it's not. i'm never going to stop crying now.

After this comment, Bobo, always gambler doubles down with more pictures.

Lots of good Hobo goodness at the link but make sure to wipe your feet before coming back in the house. :fuelfire:

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
Re: Pout Snot Primitive spins a homeless hot dog bouncy
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 05:11:50 PM »
Snoutport   (1000+ posts)               Sun May-22-11 01:33 PM
Response to Reply #60
80. I tried to get the schools to donate leftover food to the teen shelters and was told NO

Can't give away federally funded food. It HAS to be thrown away. :0(

This comment courtesy of Snoutport, who continues to demonstrate that DUmmies are more than willing to bite the hand that feeds them, and lick the boot that kicks them.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 07:49:38 PM »
Double your bouncy double your Bobolunk fun here is yet another bouncy thread she drops in on dealing with the fate of the down trodden in this horrible Obama ecconomy...

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1151267

mrmpa  (438 posts)         Sat May-21-11 10:52 PM
Original message
I cried twice today....
 Once were tears of joy. My 20 year old nephew's college baseball team qualified for the Junior College World Series, to be held in Grand Junction, CO next week. I have watched him play since he was 5 years old, I know all the work he has put into this game, how much his parents have done for him. I hugged him and cried after the game.

The second time they were tears of frustration. On the way home from the game about a 2 1/2 hour drive, I picked up a hitchhiker (the first time I have done this since 1980), but the older woman with two tote bags seemed to be in need of help. I drove her about 80 miles. I learned that she was 62, she was en route from Cumberland, MD to Madison WI, to live with her sister. She was divorced, her ex lives in New England, she had a son who died in a car crash a few years back. She was retired having worked as a Licensed Practical Nurse and receives social security. She had lost her rented room, and that's why she was moving. She and her sister also retired, think they might be better off if they combine their retirement income. All this woman owned was in these 2 tote bags, clothes consisted of 2 pairs of pants, 2 flannel shirts, a few T-shirts and a windbreaker. No money for a bus or a train to WI.

WTF is wrong with this country, that we now have senior citizens hitchhiking across the country. I dropped her off at a ramp, told her to be safe, Godspeed. I drove off with my rear view showing me a woman who had about another 600 and some odd miles to go before she could rest her head.

Refresh | +107 Recommendations

Hey hey ho ho Obamavilles have gotta go.  

Gleaned from a bobo post.....

bobbolink  (1000+ posts)        Sun May-22-11 12:39 PM
Response to Reply #34
38. Homelessness among elderly people is rising rapidly.
 "It has been reported that since 1993 there has been a 39% increase in homeless elders, and according to a report from the National Alliance to End Homelessness, the future of U.S. seniors in poverty is dire, with increases rising drastically over the next decade. If current trends continue, the decade between 2010 and 2020 will see a rise from 44,172 homeless elders to 58,772. By 2050, that number is estimated to jump to 95,000."

I have come to a dead end trying to figure out how to get people active in this issue. It just doesn't rank in importance, so therefore it will get worse and worse.

I guess we are comfortable with that.

self portrait? :whatever:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 07:53:45 PM by zeitgeist »
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 08:16:31 PM »
mrmpa  (438 posts)         Sat May-21-11 10:52 PM
Original message
I cried twice today....
 Once were tears of joy. My 20 year old nephew's college baseball team qualified for the Junior College World Series, to be held in Grand Junction, CO next week. I have watched him play since he was 5 years old, I know all the work he has put into this game, how much his parents have done for him. I hugged him and cried after the game.

The second time they were tears of frustration. On the way home from the game about a 2 1/2 hour drive, I picked up a hitchhiker (the first time I have done this since 1980), but the older woman with two tote bags seemed to be in need of help. I drove her about 80 miles. I learned that she was 62, she was en route from Cumberland, MD to Madison WI, to live with her sister. She was divorced, her ex lives in New England, she had a son who died in a car crash a few years back. She was retired having worked as a Licensed Practical Nurse and receives social security. She had lost her rented room, and that's why she was moving. She and her sister also retired, think they might be better off if they combine their retirement income. All this woman owned was in these 2 tote bags, clothes consisted of 2 pairs of pants, 2 flannel shirts, a few T-shirts and a windbreaker. No money for a bus or a train to WI.

Sorry mrmpa... I don't believe you. LPN's make decent money and more than likely get a 401k. The way hospitals are screaming for nurses she could pick up part time job at any hospital. And retired at 62? I don't buy it all. Zero bongs.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 09:51:38 PM »
Where did those homeless people get the money for professionally printed signs saying : "House keys not handcuffs" ?  They could have bought a sandwich for the price of those signs.  :fuelfire:

Why don't the homeless people invade some country and become prisoners of war? 

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 10:03:14 PM »
Sorry mrmpa... I don't believe you. LPN's make decent money and more than likely get a 401k. The way hospitals are screaming for nurses she could pick up part time job at any hospital. And retired at 62? I don't buy it all. Zero bongs.
Well, duuh! Vagrants are key members of the DUmmy nation. As such, they lie, all the time.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 10:16:58 PM »
Where did those homeless people get the money for professionally printed signs saying : "House keys not handcuffs" ?  They could have bought a sandwich for the price of those signs.  :fuelfire:

Why don't the homeless people invade some country and become prisoners of war? 

Hell go to jail. You get 3 hots and a cot!! All you got to do is slap a cop or piss on Mickey D's floor.

Well, duuh! Vagrants are key members of the DUmmy nation. As such, they lie, all the time.

LOL!!! Sorry Gobucks. I temporarily forgot that we were talking about Dumpmonkies. Been fixing gutters today in 90 degree heat. My baked is brain... umm my brain is baked.   :-) :-) :-)
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline jukin

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 01:18:20 PM »
Homelessness is a big business here in socal. We call it Homeless Inc. Take a look at how many not for profit corporations with huge executive salaries are in your city/county/state. You will be surprised at the number and the dollars involved.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Karin

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 10:06:07 AM »
Even if the story were true, which it's not, if you were fit and able enough to walk 700 miles cross country, then you are fit and able enough to continue working.  Retired at 62?  Maybe this fictitious lady should have looked at her bank account and said, "hmm, I don't think I can afford to retire just yet.  Better keep at it." 

I think I'll row over and have a look. 

Offline Karin

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2011, 10:17:54 AM »
Wait a minute....can any of you city dwellers just set up a camp cookstove on the sidewalk, fill it with charcoal, douse it with fluid, and set it alight?  What about a foodservice license?  The Health Department inspection?  The workers comp wall displays?  How are these hotdogs being stored and handled?  Thermometers and gloves used?  

This story didn't happen.  

ETA, I just skimmed though all the weepy hysterical adulation going on in that thread.  Taverner says he's going to do the same thing in Oakland.  Spooked911 "hoped they had some veggie options."   :lmao:  God, liberals are so stupid. 
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 10:23:58 AM by Karin »

Offline redwhit

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2011, 11:26:36 AM »

ETA, I just skimmed though all the weepy hysterical adulation going on in that thread.  Taverner says he's going to do the same thing in Oakland.  Spooked911 "hoped they had some veggie options."   :lmao:  God, liberals are so stupid. 

Ok, I wasn't going to add this little tidbit 'cause it just seemed too over the top and no one would believe me but after that . . .

Walking through a busy area of my own people's republic was a young woman, fairly attractive in that college modern hippy kinda way, sitting up against a building with a bowl, begging.  Her sign?  "Unemployed, hungry, homeless, vegetarian please help."

God help me, all I could think was, "Not hungry enough apparently."

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2011, 11:32:31 AM »
We ran into a similar issue at a restaurant I worked at... we had made too much black bean soup -- about two or three gallons -- that was nearing its shelf-life.  One of the managers didn't want to throw it out and called the city about donating the food (vacuum sealed, chilled, and ready to serve).

Apparently there is some law against donating already-prepared food.  Who knew?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.