Author Topic: you all DO realize that if Holder resigns or is fired...  (Read 1523 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
you all DO realize that if Holder resigns or is fired...
« on: June 22, 2012, 12:27:38 PM »
scheming daemons (20,050 posts)

you all DO realize that if Holder resigns or is fired...

...That the GOP will filibuster and delay approving his replacement for the next 5 months.

... Just enough time to keep the DOJ from cracking down on their voter suppression efforts.

They will pull the same crap they pulled with approving Obama's choice for the new Consumer Protection Agency that came from the Dodd-Frank law.

People on DU that are calling for Holder's resignation or firing are either naïve about what the GOP will do here or are actively part of a troll brigade.

I will leave it to the readers to decide which motivation is at play in individual posts.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002842431

These people are so twisted, Eric Holder has done nothing but protect the voting rights of people who aren't eligible, and every measure to protect the rights of eligible voters has been fought tooth and nail. Holder is as corrup as one can get and the DUmmies love him except for him not leaving pot heads alone.  :mental:

sabbat hunter (4,834 posts)
3. well congress will be

going in to recess soon, and Obama would just make a recess appointment.

I thought recess appointments were bad, oh wait only when repukes do it, I cringed when Bush did that.
Besides barry won't even wait until they are in recess he will just do a recess appointment whenever the urge strikes.

sendero This message was hidden by Jury decision. Hide
23. You don't exactly have that correct...

... we are the people who have decided that since Obama isn't going to DO anything, it really doesn't matter if he wins or not.

Please don't trot out that RIDICULOUS list. The lack of real enthusiasm comes directly from "fool me once, fool me twice". OBama hasn't even ACTED like the progressive rhetoric that got him elected until election season, and in terms of most of his policies he is indistinguishable from a moderate Republican, which is what Romney is even though HIS rhetoric skews the other way.

Frankly, I'm tired of the whole charade and I will not likely in my lifetime ever give two shits which of these corporate puppets is on power.
A Jury voted 4-2 to hide this post on Fri Jun 22, 2012, 01:20 PM. Reason: This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate. (See Community Standards.)

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Airwolf

Re: you all DO realize that if Holder resigns or is fired...
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 12:30:21 PM »
Stupid fools. If Holder is removed, he has a deputy to replace him they don't have to appoint anyone ulness they have to shit can more then one or two people at the top.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 12:36:56 PM »
Yeah, who cares that his polices led to the death of not one, but two US citizens, plus who knows how many Mexican civilians? All that matters is The Won and his butt sharks clinging to power.

Hey, sometimes you've gotta break a few eggs.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 12:42:23 PM »
Stupid fools. If Holder is removed, he has a deputy to replace him they don't have to appoint anyone unless they have to shit can more then one or two people at the top.

Actually, lack of an attorney general doesn't mean shit.

Remember the "Saturday Night Massacre" back in late 1973, when Barack Milhous' mentor wanted James St. Clair, the Watergate special prosecutor, fired? 

St. Clair was under the then-attorney general, Elliott Richardson.

The attorney general refused the president's directive, and voluntarily resigned for his insubordination.

The next one down, assistant attorney general William Ruckelhaus, was then ordered to fire St. Clair.

The assistant attorney general refused the president's directive, and voluntarily resigned for his insubordination.

The next one after that, solicitor general Robert Bork, was then ordered to fire St. Clair.

The solicitor general then carried out the order, firing St. Clair, and then himself voluntarily resigned, because he disagreed with it.

In a similar situation--which is bound to come up sooner or later with Barack Milhous--I really doubt we'll see this sort of honor and professionalism in a Democrat Department of Justice.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 03:26:00 PM »
Actually, lack of an attorney general doesn't mean shit.

Remember the "Saturday Night Massacre" back in late 1973, when Barack Milhous' mentor wanted James St. Clair, the Watergate special prosecutor, fired? 

St. Clair was under the then-attorney general, Elliott Richardson.

The attorney general refused the president's directive, and voluntarily resigned for his insubordination.

The next one down, assistant attorney general William Ruckelhaus, was then ordered to fire St. Clair.

The assistant attorney general refused the president's directive, and voluntarily resigned for his insubordination.

The next one after that, solicitor general Robert Bork, was then ordered to fire St. Clair.

The solicitor general then carried out the order, firing St. Clair, and then himself voluntarily resigned, because he disagreed with it.

In a similar situation--which is bound to come up sooner or later with Barack Milhous--I really doubt we'll see this sort of honor and professionalism in a Democrat Department of Justice.

Where was John Mitchell in all of this?  Had he resigned already?  IIRC, he went to Federal prison for his role in the cover-up of Watergate.  Eric Holder could (hopefully!) follow the same path.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 03:31:21 PM »
Where was John Mitchell in all of this?  Had he resigned already?  IIRC, he went to Federal prison for his role in the cover-up of Watergate.  Eric Holder could (hopefully!) follow the same path.

John Mitchell had resigned in early 1971 as attorney general, to take over the Nixon re-election campaign, long before Watergate.

He and Nixon, who'd been friends since God was a boy, had had a falling-out of sorts during the time he was attorney general, and as head of CREEP (Committee for the Re-Election of the President), he was essentially only a figurehead, with no real knowledge of what was going on.

Mitchell took the fall, but kept his mouth shut and served his time manfully.

Mitchell deserves none of the slanderous blemishes on his record or his character. 
apres moi, le deluge

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 05:31:02 PM »
Sounds like a primitive needs to repeat Civics 101.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 05:35:30 PM »
Sounds like a primitive needs to repeat Civics 101.

I doubt any of them know what civics is. The only civics they get is from MSNBC.

Offline jukin

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2012, 05:47:12 PM »
I do so relish the fact that the DUches are never afraid of looking like fools.

To think that all of them believe they are teh sooper smartz and something other than being really, really stupid is what is keeping them back from super stardom? .
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2012, 08:59:13 PM »
I doubt any of them know what civics is. The only civics they get is from MSNBC.

Honda Civic.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2012, 09:00:06 PM »
Honda Civic.

Unless it is a hybrid, they won't know what that is either.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2012, 11:17:57 PM »
Regardless of the intension, I view the usage of "Milhous" to be wrong.
That is all.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Benjamin Parish

• Banned
  • lol
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2012, 05:28:54 AM »
Yeah, who cares that his polices led to the death of not one, but two US citizens, plus who knows how many Mexican civilians? All that matters is The Won and his butt sharks clinging to power.

Hey, sometimes you've gotta break a few eggs.

Hey! How dare you blame American for its own actions! How dare you blame American policies for killing civilians in other countries!

Thats just sick! (Sound familiar?)
lol

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2012, 06:55:19 AM »
Hey! How dare you blame American for its own actions! How dare you blame American policies for killing civilians in other countries!

What are you babbling about?
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2012, 09:05:38 AM »

We need to start drug testing new members before they can post here.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2012, 01:50:45 PM »

The ****?
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2012, 01:55:59 PM »
The ****?

It's just another ****ing Paultard . . . (sung to the tune of "Manic Monday" by the Bangles)
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2012, 02:06:12 PM »
It's just another ****ing Paultard . . . (sung to the tune of "Manic Monday" by the Bangles)

****ing Paulistinans... I really hope they pull a Heavens Gate when their Messiah goes to that big Fed Protest in the Sky.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2012, 06:46:43 PM »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW... the Bangles were hawt back in the day. Especially the short one.   :naughty:

Manic Monday
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2012, 07:05:15 PM »
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW... the Bangles were hawt back in the day. Especially the short one.   :naughty:

Manic Monday

I had such a crush on Susanna Hoffs.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 07:09:01 PM by Kyle Ricky »

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2012, 09:00:16 PM »

Me too. Those eyes on the Walk Like an Egyptian video when she did her little solo sent me to the middle of the next year.  :naughty: :naughty:

The lead guitar wasn't bad either.  :naughty: :naughty:

Dayum KR... we getting old there boy!!!   :bawl:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2012, 09:35:20 PM »
Me too. Those eyes on the Walk Like an Egyptian video when she did her little solo sent me to the middle of the next year.  :naughty: :naughty:

The lead guitar wasn't bad either.  :naughty: :naughty:

Dayum KR... we getting old there boy!!!   :bawl:

You mean this?

I do feel old. But she is still pretty fine looking.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2012, 11:21:23 PM »

Ben Jammin, You have been avoiding me. I will break you.  You will tell me about the "special" Ronulan underwear. It's only a matter of time.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2012, 11:31:29 PM »
The ****?

I'm still waiting for an explanation, Benny-boy.

I know mommy cuts your computer time off after 1030, but come on now. I figured in the 6 hours I was at work you would have managed to bang out some incoherent screed.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2012, 04:31:19 AM »

So did I . . .

Chase her.