Author Topic: Getting In Front Of Rick Perry  (Read 1050 times)

Offline CG6468

Getting In Front Of Rick Perry
« on: August 15, 2011, 02:37:38 PM »
Getting In Front Of Rick Perry
Byhaystack

August 14, 2011
Posted in: Editor's Corner

Let’s start this thing right off with my full and unwavering endorsement of Rick Perry for President. I commit, here and now, to write about him whenever and wherever I can find an audience; Rick Perry needs to be our next President.

Now, mind you, I don’t really like him all that much and I have said so many times and in many places…with no regrets for ever having done so. He and I simply disagree on a number of issues, but there is one thing he and I agree on as if we were twin brothers: Barack Obama is destroying America, and he must be stopped. Period.

If ever there was a time when this country needed someone with the exact sort of experience (admittedly, in Perry’s case, on a reduced scale) a President should be expected to have when he takes the oath of office, this is surely it. If we have ever needed someone who is unafraid of using the words “God” and “American exceptionalism” in the same sentence at a time when this country faces her worst moments in history, her most oppressive drought of leadership, and her lowest moments of disregard and disrespect from her neighbors, surely we need him now. And, with all due respect to the current (and rumored-potential candidates), y’all need to just step aside and work TOGETHER (for once) and ally yourselves with the cause of freedom and the undoing of Obama’s evisceration of the American Dream… and do it through and with Rick Perry.

So…having now made official that which most of us had already presumed, it’s as good a time as any to air it out on the Perry candidacy before things heat up (which they most certainly will… and all too soon, to be sure).

I lived in Texas from ’99 to ’10 as a transplant from the northeast (to which I have, subsequently, returned). Having been there between the waning days of GWB’s governance of the great state of Texas all the way up to Perry’s governance slightly more than a year ago, and through my own personal observations and experiences, I can assure you there is no state in America where you will find citizens with any more pride in themselves, and the place they call home, than in Texas. Say what you will about their culture and their attitudes and their approaches to the everyday mundaneness of life; I was as proud of being a Texan, and I enjoyed the hell out of my life there during that stretch, every bit as much as any who might have had, by the grace of God, the great good fortune of having been there since the day they were born. These are the sorts of people that have elected Rick Perry to run their state 3 times…they know what they’re doing. They have a few lessons they can teach the rest of the country./quote]

I think he likes Perry!

Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town