Author Topic: ReBath North East PA  (Read 10807 times)

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
ReBath North East PA
« on: August 29, 2012, 09:12:34 PM »
My wife saw an exhibit at the local home show--- ReBath-NorthEast pa. 

The saleswoman was very knowledgeable, professional and no pressure.

We signed a contract and looked forward to a new shower to replace our tub.

After about six to eight weeks we were all set for the install. About one hour before they were to be at our house, they called to say the shower base was cracked and they rescheduled for the following week. I was concerned that such a quick reschedule would mean the installers would have to work overtime or on their day off.

Well, the installers came and said they had traveled two hours to get to my house. Five and a half hours later they were finished. They had removed the old tub, tile, sheet rock, and plumbing. Installed a new shower base (acrylic), plumbing, wall board, wall covering (acrylic imitation tile) including ceiling, two grab bars, shower head plus hand held shower head, shower doors, and wall caddy. 

When I finally did shower, I noticed water accumulating in the back corner of the shower along the shower doors and the shower door would drift toward the back of the shower which means the door is never closed completely and a puddle of water remains that needs to be mopped up after every shower. I put a level on the base later to see the slope toward the rear and toward the shower door. I called the boss and he told me they would be out to take a look. That was almost nine weeks ago and no one has contacted me since.

Now the only remedy that I can see is for them to rip the shower out and reinstall a new shower. Will they do that ? Not likely, but would they do better a second time even if they did a reinstall ? That is the question.

No one wants to mop up after every shower, so I cannot recommend this company.

John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline CG6468

Re: ReBath North East PA
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 07:12:30 AM »
File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 08:58:38 AM »
I would keep calling them everyday until they schedule a time to come out. Also call the BBB.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 09:53:37 AM »
I would keep calling them everyday until they schedule a time to come out. Also call the BBB.

What's that site to check for contractors and businesses? Cindies List, or something like that?

It also shows bad reviews.
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 09:04:46 PM »
UPDATE:

OK, I contacted the BBB and the very next day I received a call from the general manager. They came out and ripped the installation out, fixed the problem and reinstalled the shower. I am very happy with the shower now.
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne