Author Topic: Woman Denies Sarah Palin Had Affair With Her Husband  (Read 2132 times)

Offline Lauri

Woman Denies Sarah Palin Had Affair With Her Husband
« on: September 05, 2008, 09:31:17 PM »
Woman Denies Sarah Palin Had Affair With Her Husband
Friday September 5, 2008

Republican U.S vice-presidential nominee Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R) sits with her husband Todd Palin on day four of the Republican National Convention (RNC) at the Xcel Energy Center on September 4, 2008 in St. Paul, Minnesota.
Justin Sullivan/Getty ImagesThe ex-wife of the man rumored to have had an affair with Republican vice presidential pick Sarah Palin tells UsMagazine.com the hearsay is "absolutely, completely false."

"I can tell you this with 1000 percent certainty, Sarah Palin never had an affair," said Debbie Richter when reached Friday afternoon.

The rumor that her now ex-husband, Scott Richter, had an affair with Palin gained momentum after The National Enquirer reported she had been romantically involved with Todd Palin's business associate. The McCain camp threatened to sue the Enquirer over the story, according to Huffington Post.

Palin, the governor of Alaska and mother of five, became the first female nominated on a Republican presidential ticket this week. On Monday, she announced that her 17-year-old daughter is pregnant.

Debbie was Palin's campaign treasurer when she ran for governor and now is the director of the Permanent Fund Dividend Division for Alaska. State residents can apply for dividend checks, which this year is $2,069 with a $1,200 one-time payment added. The money comes from oil and mineral revenue.

Debbie explained that Scott petitioned the court to seal their divorce records because he is a private man. The judge did not grant his request.

"As soon as he realized that there was going to be a barrage of media inquiries, he went to the court house in his little town and requested that our divorce information be sealed. The reason he did that is he just doesn't want his financial information hanging around out there in the wind. It caused some speculation that he had something to hide and he doesn't really have anything to hide except that he's just a private person."

When asked how she would describe Palin, Debbie responded with "Driven, committed to public service, determined and not easily swayed from her goal. If she wants something her way and she has an opinion about it, that's the way it's going to be for her."

The Palins and Richters own property on Safari Lake together, according to Matanuska-Susitna Borough property records.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity_news

looks like US magazine is trying to get back into the good graces of the McCain/Palin supporters.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: Woman Denies Sarah Palin Had Affair With Her Husband
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 09:43:54 PM »
Obviously Rove threatened her with a trip to Gitmo if she didn't read the script.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 09:44:29 PM »
I was told the website is not associated with the magazine.  I don't know how that can be, though.  

Offline Lauri

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 10:01:55 PM »
I was told the website is not associated with the magazine.  I don't know how that can be, though.  

hmm.. interesting. they sure look the same.

i think US got threatened with a lawsuit and started backpedaling right away.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 10:09:36 PM »

hmm.. interesting. they sure look the same.

i think US got threatened with a lawsuit and started backpedaling right away.

I don't have a link with which to refer.  I heard it on the radio today.  I do not remember which show.  I've been listening to the radio all day, which I almost never do.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 10:13:59 PM »
Hehehe and now I get to once again shut up this little smarmy lefty at the forum in my home town.

:hammer:

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 10:22:16 PM »
Hehehe and now I get to once again shut up this little smarmy lefty at the forum in my home town.

That fact that so many scandals have been debunked is proof they're hiding something![/DU]
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 10:33:09 PM »
Most of the rags on the newsstands are not worth the ink they use to print.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Lanie

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 12:02:31 AM »
It's nobody's business what was and wasn't done. Good news though.
Happy Upcoming July 4th. Our country is still one of the best in the world.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2008, 07:06:19 AM »

Me too!  :hyper: :tongue: :hammer:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2008, 03:08:15 PM »
Hey kids look whos back. I guess that story she told about staying away was another lie.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Baruch Menachem

• In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination
  • do the best you can with what you can
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2008, 03:17:20 PM »
I just gave her a high five, just because she was minus 1700 and still came back.  I admire that kind of courage.

Of course, it shows the same kind of intelligence that gave us such events as the Somme, Ypress, Verdun, and Cold Harbor, but courage is courage and should be celebrated.
An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2008, 03:40:28 PM »

I don't want to hear any whining out of the left or the MSM when the 527's start cranking out anti-obama stuff.

NOW they are even going to be angry.