Author Topic: The other vice-presidential candidate's daughter [Biden's]  (Read 1153 times)

Offline Lauri

The other vice-presidential candidate's daughter [Biden's]
« on: September 05, 2008, 01:54:33 PM »
The other vice-presidential candidate's daughter
Since the children of vice-presidential candidates are supposedly newsworthy, why isn't more being written about Sen. Joseph Biden's daughter, Ashley Blazer Biden?

Ashley Biden was arrested in Chicago in 2002 for "obstructing a police officer", which meant: "Biden blocked the officer's path and made intimidating statements". The charges were later dismissed in exchange for her public apology to the police.

But no recent mentions of this in the mainstream media. Also nowhere reported is Ashley Biden's arrest for marijuana possession in New Orleans while she was a student at Tulane.

No, it shouldn't necessarily be a big deal for an 18-year-old college student to carry a little weed. But when her father trumpets himself as "a leader in Congress on combating drug use and stemming the flow of drugs into our country." with a special focus on "Educating Children and Keeping Drugs Out of Schools", a responsible press should be asking Sen. Biden some questions about Ashley's drug use (might she also have been under the influence when she messed with the police in Chicago?) and how that personal experience influences the Senator's positions on drug policy.

And it would also be fair to ask whether Ashley was given favorable treatment in either criminal proceeding on account of her father's position.

Posted by Stefan Sharkansky at September 03, 2008 04:35 PM | Email This

http://soundpolitics.com/archives/011435.html

her public apology to the police: http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/chicagotribune/access/227990251.html?dids=227990251:227990251&FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:FT&type=current&date=Oct+30%2C+2002&author=&pub=Chicago+Tribune&edition=&startpage=9&desc=Senator%27s+daughter+apologizes+to+police

her arrest for possession: http://www.opcso.org/dcktmstr/dmdspmag.php?&domagn=359903

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
Re: The other vice-presidential candidate's daughter [Biden's]
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 02:45:10 PM »
I find it interesting that we have heard basically nothing regarding this issue.   :censored:

Guess Ashley lucked out that her "misbehavior" happened on the same weekend that the other side announced a pregnant daughter.  ::)

Remember when the Bush girls got in trouble....they made headlines for days.

And the media keeps trying to convince us they are impartial.... :lmao:

.....did I mention that I live in Rome?  My friends call me "Your Holiness"....... :innocent:

:uhsure:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 03:26:14 PM »
kind of makes Obama's sudden rush to employ the 'kids are off limits' tactic more reasonable.. all the media has to say is, "hey, we're respecting the candidates wishes!"

it makes no difference to me - we're not voting for their kids.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 03:30:22 PM »
kind of makes Obama's sudden rush to employ the 'kids are off limits' tactic more reasonable.. all the media has to say is, "hey, we're respecting the candidates wishes!"

it makes no difference to me - we're not voting for their kids.

Makes you wonder what hussein's kids are up to -- maybe he is covering something important? (*sarcasm* -- the MSM won't touch the messiah's family).
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 04:55:37 PM »
Remember when that TV guy got slammed for intimating that Chelsea Clinton was being "pimped out" by Hillary's campaign?

that was back when it was wrong to attack candidates'  children.  :whatever:
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies