Author Topic: Susan Sarandon: "Hilary is a whiner - wouldnt want to play her"  (Read 1167 times)

Offline Lauri

Susan Sarandon: "Hilary is a whiner - wouldnt want to play her"
« on: September 04, 2008, 09:20:25 AM »
For most actresses, a complicated role like Hillary Clinton (or even Sarah Palin!) would be catnip — but not to Oscar winner Susan Sarandon. In an interview with The Advocate, Sarandon is asked for her thoughts on a Hillary Clinton biopic, and suffice it to say, the longtime liberal activist/trail mix smuggler doesn't mince words on the subject:

You’ve played quite a few real-life people now. Would you like to play Hillary Clinton in the movie of her life?
No. I’ve been around her and don’t find her… At this point, to say after what’s happened to her campaign and how they squandered all that money and all the different reasons her campaign fell apart, to blame it on sexism, I find so destructive to every young girl who dreams about making a difference through government. Instead of saying, "Look how far I’ve gotten and you can do it too," and all the positive things she could have done, she’s turned into such a blamer and whiner, as if that was the reason, when clearly she wouldn’t have been in the position she was in if she hadn’t been a woman.

If she hadn’t been married to that man and hadn’t had the Democratic machine behind her. To now turn around and say it was sexism I find so dishonorable and really destructive to women all over, young women all over. So I don’t really respect her enough to want to play her, and I find it sad and disappointing.

And now the most pressing question of all: What are your thoughts on the upcoming MTV remake of Rocky Horror?
They haven’t talked to me about their plans, so I don’t know what their rationale is to do it again. I really don’t know anything about it. I don’t quite understand what they would do to make it more charming or interesting. Certainly people could sing better than I could — that could be something that could change. But part of the charm of it, I thought, was that it was done sort of low-budget. So unless it’s done huge and very different I don’t know the point of remaking it.

Perhaps Sarandon is missing an opportunity to conflate both ideas: a Rocky Horror remake in which a garter-clad Barack Obama resurrects Hillary Clinton (wearing a gold lamé pantsuit) could be just the topical spin the property needs! With Sarandon as Clinton, LL Cool J as Barack Obama, and Rihanna and Chris Brown as young lovers Janet and Brad, we smell a midnight movie classic that could last from November 5 to all eternity.

http://defamer.com/5045142/whiner-hillary-clinton-is-one-role-susan-sarandon-would-prefer-not-to-touch+a

Offline Lord Undies

Re: Susan Sarandon: "Hilary is a whiner - wouldnt want to play her"
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 10:01:38 AM »
I don't think a business-minded filmmaker interested in making a profit would ask the elderly Ms. Sarandon to play the part of Hillary Clinton.   Sarandon is better suited for the roll of Virgina Kelley.  Sarandon has done that accent before.

Meanwhile, Susan Sarandon remains an old bitter fleshwhore.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 11:14:13 AM »
according to Sarandon, she must 'respect the person' in order to play a role? hmm... maybe a cursory glance at Thelma and Louise would mean she is 'pro gun' and 'pro death penalty'...?

i dont have time to go thru her filmography, but lets just cut to the chase here; Sarandon is still a clueless hollyweird hypocrit who would be backing Hilary had she secured the nomination. 

Offline Duchess

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 12:11:03 AM »
I don't think a business-minded filmmaker interested in making a profit would ask the elderly Ms. Sarandon to play the part of Hillary Clinton.   Sarandon is better suited for the roll of Virgina Kelley.  Sarandon has done that accent before.

Meanwhile, Susan Sarandon remains an old bitter fleshwhore.

Yep, plus sounds like sour grapes on the Rocky Horror remake. It must suck to get old when you never had anything going for you but your youth.

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 09:12:14 AM »
...but lets just cut to the chase here; Sarandon is still a clueless hollyweird hypocrit who would be backing Hilary had she secured the nomination. 
Ditto!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.