Author Topic: NOW's Crusade against Sarah Palin  (Read 4085 times)

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
NOW's Crusade against Sarah Palin
« on: August 31, 2008, 07:13:55 AM »
The Wrong Kind of Woman?
NOW's crusade against Sarah Palin.
by Kenneth G. Davenport
08/31/2008 12:00:00 AM

Less than 24 hours after the historic selection of Sarah Palin as John McCain's running mate, a quick perusal of the National Organization of Women (NOW) website provides a telling window into the world of feminist politics. NOW is the largest feminist organization in the United States, claiming over 500,000 contributing members in over 500 local and campus affiliates. Its self-stated purpose is to "take action to bring women into full participation in society--sharing equal rights, responsibilities and opportunities with men, while living free from discrimination". You might think that a woman being nominated to become vice president of the United States would certainly qualify as "full participation", worthy of a glowing statement of support and a cry of "victory"!

You might think that, but you'd be wrong. On the NOW website a day after the Palin selection you see two stories that tell you all you need to know about how feminists view the nomination. The first story is about Sarah Palin:

NOW PAC Chair Kim Gandy said, "Sen. John McCain's choice of Alaska governor Sarah Palin as his running mate is a cynical effort to appeal to disappointed Hillary Clinton voters and get them to vote, ultimately, against their own self-interest."

Gov. Palin may be the second woman vice-presidential candidate on a major party ticket, but she is not the right woman. Sadly, she is a woman who opposes women's rights, just like John McCain.

*snip*

Such is the state of feminist politics on this country. If you are a woman of high accomplishment, a wife and mother of five kids who believes passionately about the goodness of this country, you aren't woman enough for the NOW crowd if you aren't pro-choice and don't support feminism's leftist goals. And even if you have an even-money chance to break the highest glass ceiling in America, it still is not enough. Orthodoxy trumps gender. Every time.

Link

No surprise at all, of course.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
Re: NOW's Crusade against Sarah Palin
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 07:20:03 AM »
Of course the National Organization of Ugly Womyn are going to denounce Palin. She's a strong, independent, accomplished woman who doesn't look like a gargoyle and who is not just anti-abortion in her ideals, but with her own kids as well.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 07:20:25 AM »
They can "claim" as many members as they want, but why is it they never open their lists to an actual count?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Splashdown

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 07:22:11 AM »
Groups like NOW and NAACP need to keep their members victims. If their goal was true equality and success, wouldn't that goal eventually lead to the ending of those very groups?
Let nothing trouble you,
All things are passing;
God never changes.
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 07:23:56 AM »
Groups like NOW and NAACP need to keep their members victims. If their goal was true equality and success, wouldn't that goal eventually lead to the ending of those very groups?

Amen--it's like an Economics quote I heard somewhere that went something like, "If you paid me 50K a year to solve a problem, I'd guarantee that problem would NEVER be solved."  Kinda reminds me of the government.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 07:34:55 AM »
It is no surprise as there is one and only one litmus test to be endorsed by NOW and that is you need to be ghoulishly pro-abort.
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 10:02:31 AM »

And now we can add Gov. Palin.  :cheersmate:
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2008, 10:05:18 AM »
It's the whole abortion thing. Without that child sacrifice you just can't prove yourself a liberated woman.

Ironically, Molech is a male god.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2008, 10:09:07 AM »
^exactly. They just cannot handle the fact that women like Palin walk the walk. She's smart, pretty, happy, successful AND has taken responsibility for the children she's created instead of killing them when they were an imposition.

Their hatred is so obvious!

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2008, 10:21:49 AM »
The elitist attitude of Liberal’s journalists feminists and politicians alike has been on full display for the last 48 hours.

They are all of the attitude that if you are a woman or a person of color and yourun for elctd office you absolutely HAVE to be a Democrat.

They simply can’t fathom the fact that someopne could run for ofice that is female or of color and be a Republican too.

When that happens they start tossing out invective and bigotry like lawn darts.

And it allows us to see behind their well crafted veil to what their true feeling and soul actually is.

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Splashdown

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2008, 10:34:32 AM »
The elitist attitude of Liberal’s journalists feminists and politicians alike has been on full display for the last 48 hours.

They are all of the attitude that if you are a woman or a person of color and yourun for elctd office you absolutely HAVE to be a Democrat.

They simply can’t fathom the fact that someopne could run for ofice that is female or of color and be a Republican too.

When that happens they start tossing out invective and bigotry like lawn darts.

And it allows us to see behind their well crafted veil to what their true feeling and soul actually is.

I just hope the public gets tired of it. Look at how hard Clarence Thomas, Colin Powell, Condi Rice, Alberto Gonzalez, et. al. were savaged.
Let nothing trouble you,
All things are passing;
God never changes.
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2008, 10:36:36 AM »

If they would just come out and say it I'd be cool with it because then at least we would have a little truth in advertising.

If your agenda is to right the wrongs of a past failure to be equally recognized in the eyes of the law, so be it...but be consistent. If you want to say, "we believe women have been unduly excluded from American political and social life within this great nation so whenever a woman can advance herself--regardless of particular beliefs and policy positions she as an individual may hold--we seek to encourage and applaud her efforts and successes."

That I can live with.

But the reality is far more ominous. Feminism is a Marxist facade bent on destroying--not integrating with--our civilization. To achieve that end it seeks not only to push its own legislative agenda but it attacks the foundation of that civilization: the family.

OK, fine. Maybe you think the nuclear family and the market economy that grows from it are bad social costructs but have the stones to say as much. Compete openly. If you can't win in the marketplace of ideas don't go whining that its reactionary forces resistent to your revolution. Maybe your bullshit has been trade more than once and found wanting. Maybe the fact that yoiu LIE, STEAL and KILL to get what you wan means the seed is poisoned and hence so is the fruit.

Me...I'm proud of who I am and I'll defend my beliefs any day against gods, fashions and ptarmigans.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2008, 11:28:11 AM »
Andrea Dworkin(in the poster) is nothing but a slob who used rabid feminism to justify being a slob. She's disgusting.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2008, 02:07:05 PM »

They are a bunch of victocrats.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2008, 02:11:12 PM »

Just like hussein is opposed by the black races pimps like jackson and sharpton, Palin is opposed by NOW. If she gets to VP, their constant claims of victimhood will ring hollow.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2008, 02:24:27 PM »
Amazing, isn't it, how they jumped on the Anita Hill/etc, bandwagon, but where were they to be found when Gennifer Flowers, Juanita Broderick, etc., were being victimized by a man?

<crickets>

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2008, 02:57:39 PM »
NOW IS JUST a Dem. party subset. To see it as anything else is in error. We see clearly this is true with their utterly expected reaction to just about everything.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2008, 07:23:30 PM »
Isn't Sarah Palin the EPITOME of what NOW "claims" they support?  :whatever:

Guess they're just another libtard group like the NAALCP. Yeah, black people, we'll support you, so long as you remain a Dem.  ::)
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2008, 07:27:34 PM »
One of those groups fired off a complaint the minute they found out about John Robert's nomination to the SCOTUS.  It read like a form letter, and all they did was put his name in the appropriate blanks.  Complete bullshit.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2008, 07:29:04 PM »

palin opposes abortion even in the cases of rape and incest, from what I have read.

she had her last kid, the one with downs syndrome, knowing that it had downs syndrome.  this lady walks the walk.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2008, 10:12:19 AM »

palin opposes abortion even in the cases of rape and incest, from what I have read.

I would disagree with her on that.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2008, 11:05:02 AM »

That would really be a hard choice...BUT....is it the baby's fault??? NO it isn't. Besides their are plenty of childless couples that would love to adopt a child.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2008, 11:29:30 AM »

That would really be a hard choice...BUT....is it the baby's fault??? NO it isn't. Besides their are plenty of childless couples that would love to adopt a child.
True. That's a very sticky situation and I can understand why some people have reservations about it. I'm a woman who's had a child. One that was loved and wanted from the beginning. I've never faced an unwanted pregnancy. I cannot fathom one caused by rape or incest. I would hope I had the fortitude to stick to my pro-life beliefs and make ultimate sacrifice to give that innocent baby a life even if it meant putting myself through giving birth to a rapist's baby. I cannot imagine what that must be like for a woman in those circumstances. This is where my pro-life beliefs and gut feelings as a woman collide and confuse.....

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2008, 09:45:35 AM »
I couldn't be happier with Palin as the VP pick.  NONE of the males on the ballyhooed shortlist were particularly Conservative (except arguably on some fiscal policy issues).  She is a grand slam home run with me!

:bravo: 
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2008, 11:06:30 AM »

interesting point.. yes indeed, they should be working to end their own group!

but as a 44 year old woman, I have never heard any female I've ever met speak about NOW, or be affiliated with them. i think the reason is simple: most women know we can accomplish as much as we choose to accomplish. we dont need any 'woman's club' to propel us forward - we can do that on our own.