Author Topic: apparently, cautiously, good news from Georgia  (Read 666 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
apparently, cautiously, good news from Georgia
« on: December 12, 2020, 10:38:43 PM »
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/top-republican-georgia-senate-races-very-positive-ahead-on-absentee-voting

Georgia Senate races ‘very positive,’ ahead on absentee voting

Both of the Georgia Senate races are looking “very positive” for the Republicans, in part because the GOP and President Trump have put a big focus on retaining the seats, according to the party’s top Republican organizer.....

.....“Democrats traditionally surpass Republicans when it comes to absentee voting, but they're only outclassing us by a few points right now. We are way ahead of schedule on absentee voting, and we're also doing well with respect to voter contacts,” he said.

The current balance in the U.S. Senate is 50 (R), 48 (D).

(R)s win both, 52-48
(R)s win one, 51-49
(R)s lose both, 50-50

In the third case, the Pretender-in-waiting breaks the tie, 50 (R), 51 (D)

But in all cases, the Pretender-in-chief may expect trouble with the Senate.  Those troubles would be exacerbated when one (D) senator--I dunno which one--switches parties, probably by April.

My record on predictions isn't very good, so take it for what it's worth.  I'm confident.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: apparently, cautiously, good news from Georgia
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2020, 06:41:05 AM »
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/top-republican-georgia-senate-races-very-positive-ahead-on-absentee-voting

The current balance in the U.S. Senate is 50 (R), 48 (D).

(R)s win both, 52-48
(R)s win one, 51-49
(R)s lose both, 50-50

In the third case, the Pretender-in-waiting breaks the tie, 50 (R), 51 (D)

But in all cases, the Pretender-in-chief may expect trouble with the Senate.  Those troubles would be exacerbated when one (D) senator--I dunno which one--switches parties, probably by April.

My record on predictions isn't very good, so take it for what it's worth.  I'm confident.

If the senators vote in accordance with their party, yeah, this stacks up somewhat well. The problem is, there are a shit-ton of RINOs in the Senate. Mittens, Susan Collins, Murkowski are probably the most extreme. Most likely others too.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: apparently, cautiously, good news from Georgia
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 05:39:46 AM »
If the senators vote in accordance with their party, yeah, this stacks up somewhat well. The problem is, there are a shit-ton of RINOs in the Senate. Mittens, Susan Collins, Murkowski are probably the most extreme. Most likely others too.

More so than how they vote on individual matters, I'm most of all concerned about how they vote when it comes to organizing the Senate; who's going to run it.

I imagine neither of us have much affection for Susan Collins, but her vote on organization of the Senate counts a great deal for an overall agenda (in the case of Republicans, a conservative agenda).  As long as she helps keep Republicans the majority party in the Senate, she's helpful to all of us.
apres moi, le deluge