Author Topic: Tulsi Gabbard criticized for Title IX bill that excludes trans people  (Read 726 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Tulsi Gabbard criticized for Title IX bill that excludes trans people
https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2020/12/11/Tulsi-Gabbard-criticized-for-Title-IX-bill-that-excludes-trans-people/3451607710428/

Dec. 11 (UPI) -- For Democratic presidential candidate Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, D-Hawaii, and Republican Rep. Markwayne Mullin, R-Okla., introduced a bill Thursday tying Title IX protections for female athletes based on "biological sex."

The bill, which attempts to address the issue of transgender women in sports, clarifies that Title IX compliance should be "determined on the basis of biological sex as determined at birth by a physician."

Title IX outlaws discrimination based on sex at any school receiving federal funding. The law has been widely used in promoting the growth of women's collegiate sports, placing them on equal footing as men's sports.

Recently court rulings pointed to the law for allowing transgender women to play on women's sports teams.

Tulsi Gabbard has been yanking the Democratic Party's chain. Once a rising star. She is now banished from the DNC.

"Tulsi Gabbard: assigned Republican at birth," McBride wrote on Twitter.

LBGTQ rights advocate Charlotte Clymer called the legislation "blatantly transphobic" and accused Gabbard supporters of using trans people as "bargaining chips."

"Usually, when I've criticized Tulsi Gabbard in the past for her heinous record and positions, I've had her fans bombard me with nonsense," Clymer said. "It'll be interesting to see how quiet they remain over this."
« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 11:22:39 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Tulsi Gabbard criticized for Title IX bill that excludes trans people
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2020, 06:04:30 PM »
If it weren't for the fact that she can't be trusted, she could very well be making a play to convert to R. Not now, but downstream.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2020, 11:02:04 AM »
If it weren't for the fact that she can't be trusted, she could very well be making a play to convert to R. Not now, but downstream.

During the clown car of Democrat primaries and caucuses, I once posted that Gabbard seemed at least a little reasonable for a Dem.  Not one I'd vote for, of course.  But some can be reasoned with.

It is always enjoyable schadenfreude to watch the left tear apart one another over such arcane issues.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2020, 05:58:25 AM »
During the clown car of Democrat primaries and caucuses, I once posted that Gabbard seemed at least a little reasonable for a Dem.  Not one I'd vote for, of course.  But some can be reasoned with.

It is always enjoyable schadenfreude to watch the left tear apart one another over such arcane issues.

Agreed. The term "reasonable" resonates, coupled with the fact she was/is NG helps too. But after having read her various positions on the issues posted on her web site, it was crystal-clear that above it all, she's a Dem.

Easy on the eyes, too. But nope. No way in hell. Trojan Horse material, that one.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.