Author Topic: Ocasio-Cortez: 'We can likely push' Biden 'in a more progressive direction' if h  (Read 472 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Ocasio-Cortez: 'We can likely push' Biden 'in a more progressive direction' if he's elected
https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/elections/ocasio-cortez-we-can-likely-push-biden-more-progressive-direction-if-hes

"Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) said former Vice President Joe Biden is not progressive enough in multiple policy areas but predicted that he "likely" can be pushed further to the left once he's elected president.

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), a former Democratic presidential candidate, is reportedly concerned Biden is not progressive enough at this point in the campaign, and Ocasio-Cortez said she agrees with that assessment.

"Of course I do," said Ocasio-Cortez. "We're different people, and clearly I, in the primary, one of the reasons why I was supportive of Senator Sanders was because of how progressive his stances are, but, you know, the primaries are over, and right now what is most important is to make sure that we ensure a Democratic victory in November and that we continue to push Vice President Biden on issues from marijuana to climate change to foreign policy."

Ocasio-Cortez is optimistic that her party's progressive wing can push Biden to the left.

Elder abuse anyone?

"The whole purpose of insurance is to even out those costs, which is why I believe single-payer is a better policy, so in terms of that we do disagree," she added. "But either way, I do think that a public option is likely a better scenario than we have right now."

Ocasio-Cortez was also asked if she thinks progressives are going to be able to convince Biden to support a single-payer health care system.

"That would not just take me to convince him nor any one individual," she said. "We need a mass movement in this country. We need widespread popular support for single payer in order to get a chance at getting it done."
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Elder Abuse
https://www.nia.nih.gov/health/elder-abuse

Types of Abuse
There are many types of abuse:
Physical abuse happens when someone causes bodily harm by hitting, pushing, or slapping. This may also include restraining an older adult against his/her will, such as locking them in a room or tying them to furniture.
Emotional abuse, sometimes called psychological abuse, can include a caregiver saying hurtful words, yelling, threatening, or repeatedly ignoring the older adult. Keeping that person from seeing close friends and relatives is another form of emotional abuse.
Neglect occurs when the caregiver does not try to respond to the older adult's needs. This may include physical, emotional, and social needs, or withholding food, medications, or access to health care.
Abandonment is leaving an older adult who needs help alone without planning for his or her care.
Sexual abuse involves a caregiver forcing an older adult to watch or be part of sexual acts.
Financial abuse happens when money or belongings are stolen from an older adult. It can include forging checks, taking someone else's retirement or Social Security benefits, or using a person's credit cards and bank accounts without their permission. It also includes changing names on a will, bank account, life insurance policy, or title to a house without permission.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
The kook liberal Dems and the crazy “let’s go full commie now” Dems are going to be eating each other. And with Cap’n Dementia unable to form a thought, his handlers will be fighting over policy directions.

Should be fun to watch.  :popcorn:

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.