Author Topic: If your head is spinning, let yourself calm down because...  (Read 1132 times)

Offline CC27

LuckyCharms (3,223 posts)

If your head is spinning, let yourself calm down because...

you only have to remember one thing, and one thing only.

The means is to gaslight.

The means is to not make any sense at all.

The goal is to provoke national chaos, therefore eroding our democracy, therefore pleasing Putin.

When you look at it in those terms, every thing ****face is doing makes complete and perfect sense.
https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100210858509

I can see why your profile picture is a weed plant.  No idea wtf you are saying.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: If your head is spinning, let yourself calm down because...
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 07:53:42 AM »
"The means" would be the method or path to achieve an end, not the end itself, you pathetic pile of derp. 
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 07:58:30 AM »
The goal is to provoke national chaos, therefore eroding our democracy, therefore pleasing Putin.
National chaos? Like mobbing people in restaurants and movie theatres? Like harassing customers in bookstores? Like asking paying customers to leave your business establishment? Like Michael Moore threatening to surround the Capitol with a million people to prevent the Senate from doing it's job? Like intimidating female reporters doing their jobs?

Yup. Democracy is eroding, but I think you're blaming the wrong side.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 08:13:34 AM »
Could someone translate that word salad? LuckyCharms sounds like (s)he ODed on "edibles".
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 09:09:30 AM »
Where do they get this "gaslighting" notion.

For all my life the term stemmed from an old movie about a man trying to make his wife think she was crazy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting

The closest thing I see is what the DUmp does to itself daily with its endless circular logic,hard loops of fallacy and dedication to everything being a conspiracy against them.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 09:37:29 AM »
Where do they get this "gaslighting" notion.

For all my life the term stemmed from an old movie about a man trying to make his wife think she was crazy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting

The closest thing I see is what the DUmp does to itself daily with its endless circular logic,hard loops of fallacy and dedication to everything being a conspiracy against them.

It is a new liberal tactic. Anytime something they don’t like is brought to light, they claim that it is gaslighting, because of course their beliefs can’t be wrong.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 09:38:46 AM »
Gaslighting?  Sounds like a tile on the DUmmy Laydeebug's bingo card.  Haven't noticed that loon recently.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 10:28:36 AM »
Gaslighting?  Sounds like a tile on the DUmmy Laydeebug's bingo card.  Haven't noticed that loon recently.

Maybe the Russians got her.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2018, 10:52:47 AM »
It is a new liberal tactic. Anytime something they don’t like is brought to light, they claim that it is gaslighting, because of course their beliefs can’t be wrong.

Their other recent fave seems to be 'Whataboutism,' any time you point out worse stuff the Dems or their ilk have done or say they want to do.  A recently discovered phenomenon which apparently was unknown until some short time after October of 2016, it's basically their safe word when anyone calls them on their double standards and situational ethics.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2018, 01:36:32 PM »
The means is to gaslight.

Is that like:
tethering your  chicken or
staying woke  or
beating your meat?

:stoner:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2018, 02:40:13 PM »
Well, if the means is not to make any sense at all, then LuckyCharms has succeeded beyond their wildest dreams.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Ausonius

"But what about YOUR....blah-blah-blah...?"

Concerning "WhatAboutism" mentioned above...

This is an old debating trick, where the debater does not address the issue directly, but attacks something tangential or even non-tangential supported by the opponent.

e.g.

You: "Abortion is the killing of human beings."

Leftist (talking very fast to prevent you from responding): "But what about the U.S, Military and its drone strikes killing entire families?  You're not making any sense, because you're fine with killing thousands of civilians in warfare, blah-blah-blah..."

To which the response is: "YOU ARE EVADING THE ISSUE!  THIS IS NOT ABOUT WARFARE!"

But the Leftist will then shout that it is precisely the issue and keep babbling to prevent any logical discussion.  I cannot tell you how many times I have gone through this syndrome in the last 5 decades!  :banghead:
"Every democracy eventually becomes a bilge pump expelling the most hilarious and unwitting self-satire."